- An accomplished Software Test Engineer with over six years in the industry and extensive experience in developing automation frameworks for Web Based Application and Web Service. Experienced in all phases of the software development life cycle including analysis, design and implementation. Able to work on a wide range of technical projects, languages and platforms that bring innovative solutions to the business.
- QA engineer with 6 plus years of experience in manual and automation testing of large scale applications for Web based, Mobile App and Client/Server applications.
- Well versed in automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver and Postman.
- Sound knowledge on Apache ANT, Log4j, Java, Selenium and TestNG framework for Automation Testing and Project building tool such as Jenkins and Git for Continuous Integration.
- Proficient in creating UI Automation framework like Module driven and Postman BDD framework for REST API from scratch.
- Excellent understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Script.
- Expertise in requirement analysis, analyzing use cases, user stories, executing test plans and defect tracking.
- Expertise in documenting defects with elevated level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center and JIRA.
- Worked in Backend testing and Data integrity testing using SQL queries.
- Experience in prioritizing and completing project while meeting deadlines and organization goals.
- Vast experience in different testing methods such as Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance, Security, Positive, Negative, End to End, UAT, Sanity and API Testing.
- Experience in supporting Test Cycles, Updating Status Reports, participating Defect Status, Project Status meetings and interacting with Project Managers, Operations Teams and Engineers
- Strategic thinker and planner, analytical, skilled in the design and execution of effective quality control programs, processes and procedure.
Operation Systems: Windows and Mac
Language/Scripts: Java, JScript, HTML, XML, JSON and CSS
Database: Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
Reporting Tools: QC and JIRA
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Swagger and Postman
IDE and Build Tools: Eclipse, Jenkins and Apache ANT
Web Debugging Tools: Google Analytic Debugger, Firepath and Firebug
Other tools: MS Office, Git and SourceTree
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyze the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided other QA relevant documentations to the team
- Collaborate with product management teams in an Agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web - based applications
- Design Module Driven automation framework from ground using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Apache ANT, Eclipse in Windows platform to cut down the regression into half
- Develop API Automation Framework to send the requests and verify the responses using Postman, JScript, JSON, Swagger, npm and generate HTML Report
- Standardize and optimize automation code and made available accessible by implementing Jenkins as continuous integration tools.
- Use Firebug/Firepath to read the HTML Tags from the page to identify the UI Functional locators for automation framework
- Run API Automation and Selenium test suite during continuations process to find bug sooner
- Perform business functionality, black box test, integration test, system test, negative/positive test, cross-browser test, regression test and sanity test
- Conduct API testing to send the request and verify the responses using Postman and Swagger
- Involve in writing SQL queries for backend testing and verifying that the database updates, inserts, deletes, etc. the records, and validate them using Microsoft SQL Server
- Review and report defects, test results and potential risks, along with day to day tasks to Manager on a timely basis
- Worked with rest assured technology to create integration through API’s
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing
- Manage defect process, analysis, and assignment and report and verify all bugs in JIRA
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Designed Automation framework to test UI Functionality using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, TestNG, ANT, Log4j and Eclipse in Java
- Generated XSLT Automation Report, Logs and share with developers & QA Team
- Worked closely with product team, designers and developers to ensure application development meets user’s expectations
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually using MySQL
- Verified in-house and 3 rd party Web service API’s requests and responses using Rest-Client
- Attended technical walk-through sessions
- Managed defect process, analysis, and assignment and report and verify all bugs in JIRA
- Run the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs
- Monitored application using J-Meter as per service level agreement.
- Reviewed test cases to make sure all the scenarios are covered with positive, negative, cross-browser and cross-platform test cases.
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects/issues
Confidential, Pelham, GA
- Executed Test cases and participated actively in system testing and regression testing for the Web Based application as well as Windows based application
- Worked with Facets technology and validated data using Java technology
- Used UFT and SoapUI tools for automation and to validate Soap responses (API)
- Responsible for creating automation script with Selenium IDE for conducting functional and regression testing
- Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the AUT
- Examined and analyzed the requirements to document test cases
- Proposed the need for adding or modifying a requirement, to the business analyst and project manager, to enhance the product functionality
- Used Oracle SQL Query to test the Database updates and Modifications
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Designed Manual Testing strategy and performed Manual Testing of some of the modules/components of the application as per the requirements
- Used Quality Center as test management tool for storing the automated test scripts from where Scripts can be executed directly by manual testers
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Wrote manual Test cases using Quality Center (ALM) and pulled scenarios in test-lab and reported team after execution
- Documented user guide and suggested improvements.
- Interacted with developers and product analysts regarding Testing Status and Defect Tracking using Quality Center
- Worked with QTP/UFT and executed regression suits.
- Extensively worked with descriptive programming to enhance existing framework.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report and Assigned defects using Quality Center