- 4+ years of experience in all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC),SDLC and Agile development processes.
- Diversified Experience in Manual Testing and Automation testing tools like Selenium, SOAP UI etc and serving various domains such as Insurance, Healthcare,Telecom.
- Exceptional in analyzing Business specifications and conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Expertise in preparing Bug Severity Chart, writing Test Summary Report, Bug - tracking and Test plan creation using test management tools such as Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA and Test Manager.
- Strong understanding of the Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, XML, XPath, XSD, WSDL, REST, JSON.
- Experience in Automation Frameworks (Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, BDD, TDD, ATDD).
- Good knowledge of J2EE, Java Script, HTML, XML and .NET Applications.
- Possess knowledge about various Internet Protocols like HTTP, FTP and SMTP.
- Good experience in creating test automation scripts using Java,Selenium and Cucumber.
- Hands on Experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI and Postman.
- Experienced in configuring Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server with Maven.
- Expertise in grouping of Test Cases,Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG (Groups, Parameter, Data Provider).
- Conversant with Maven project build tool.
- Experience writing SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application during End-to- End testing.
- Experience in using UNIX commands and knowledge of writing Unix Shell Scripting.
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT,TFS.
- Excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Programming /Scripting Languages: Java/Java script
Testing /Defect Tracking Tools: Selenium (IDE,Web Driver,Grid),SOAP UI, JMeter, HP ALM, Postman, LoadRunner, JIRA, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, Jenkins, Maven, Mercury Test Director
Web Technologies: HTML/HTML5, XML, CSS/CSS3
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server
Web Services: RESTful, SOAP UI
Frameworks: TestNG, Junit,Datadriven,TDD,Cucumber,Protractor,Jasmine
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Analyzed business requirements with perspective to Black Box Testing, business process and system architecture/ design. Developed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflected user needs for the functional tests, user interface, performance, Usability and security Requirements.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and also required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using Integrated HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed data-driven testing to read test input data from an Excel file so as to test the application with different positive and negative data and wrote some reusable functions.
- Involved in Webservices Testing using Soap UI tool.Validated request and response XML.
- Reported and maintained product defects, verified fixed defects using JIRA.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the intricate back-end validations.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Involved in analysis of the current QA practices, identified areas of improvement, provided Gap analysis reports, devise alternate methodologies and implemented them.
- Reviewed Functional design document and Software specification requirements to achieve better understanding of the application.
- Involved in the Software Testing Strategy formulation involving, gathering Test Requirements, Test Planning, Effort Analysis, Risk Analysis, Test Design and Execution, Defect Tracking, Test Metrics and Reports, and Documentation guidelines.
- Design, execute and maintain automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java, TestNG and Maven.
- Performed the Selenium Synchronization of the scripts for Ajax web pages and application background processing.
- Used Gherkin language to write features and scenarios.
- Created Cucumber feature files comprising of various test scenarios and step definitions for BDD
- Involved in testing SOAP and RESTful web services using SOAP UI.
- Performed backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Analyzed the system specifications, business requirements for full understanding of the project.
- Involved in converting the User requirements into business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements
- Participated in Deployment Planning sessions and ensure all deployment checklist activities are covered.
- Performed Usability,GUI,Functionality, Browser Compatibility Testing, and Regression Testing of the new builds
- Created acceptance test scripts before beginning the project to analyze user requirements for acceptance criteria.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developed reusable methods and POJOs using Core Java based on requirements.
- Responsible for back-end API testing with SOAP UI and coding in groovy.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath assertions using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application during End-to- End testing.
- Used Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium Webdriver, SQL,JIRA, XML, SOAP UI, TestNG, UNIX, Agile, Postman.
- Analyzed User Stories,Business Requirements, Functional requirements system requirements, and participated in sprint planning, review sessions and Scrum meetings.
- Prepared all test deliverables throughout STLC including requirement traceability matrix, manual and functional test cases as per requirements.
- Verify status of submitted bugs and participated in bug review/prioritization activities.
- Involved with Test Coverage Metrics and Defect metrics such as Defect Density, Defect Density, Defects by Severity, Number of Defects, Defects per build, Defect Fix Rate, Test Case Utility, Test Effort and various other measurements.
- Performed GUI interface testing on the client side.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues.Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using Quality Center
- Prepared and presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using Quality Center.
- Performed white box testing on developer's SQL code and wrote SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic.
Environment: HP QC, SOAP UI, SQL, Agile, HTML, MS Office, UNIX