- Over 8+ years of experience in testing of client - server, web, and Windows based applications on Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Excellent Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced in Functionality, Compatibility, Integration, ad hoc, Smoke, Regression, System, UsabilityInstallation, Performance, Load and related test methodologies.
- Expert in analyzing requirements, preparing test estimates, creation of test procedures, test data and test cases that cover the best scenarios.
- Expert in developing test documents likes Test Plans, Test Procedures, Creating and Executing Test Cases, Test Scripts.
- Extensive working experience in Quality Assurance testing using manual and automated tools.
- Worked under SDLC models like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Experience in Test Automation using HP Suite (Quick Test Professional/UFT and Quality Center/ALM).
- Expertise in writing SQL, PL/SQL Queries and performing Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Expertise in Defect Management/Problem Solving including tracking bugs, reporting using Quality Center/ALMJIRA and BugZilla.
- Experience with Test Director/ Quality Center/ALM for Requirements, Test Plan, Test Designing, Test AnalysisTest Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Evaluation.
- Knowledge in Data warehousing tool like Informatica and reporting tools like SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports.
- Extensive working knowledge of Front end GUI, End to End, Back-End and ETL testing.
- Having Good experience in solving analytical problems and documentation.
- Expertise in Problem solving, Risk assessment, Environment planning and Quality Assurance Methodologies.
- Experienced in working with Project manager, Development team, Business Analysts and End-users.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to test with minimum software specifications.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, .Net.
Scripting Languages: VBScript, Java Script, UNIX Shell Scripting
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro/UFT, Quality Center/ALM, Load Runner 7.0, TFS
Bug Tracking System: Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access,Sybase,DB2
Web Technologies: HTML/DHTML, XML, CSS
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire fox, Chrome
Other Technologies/Tools: TOAD, Siebel, Putty, SQL,PL/SQL,MS Office, InformaticaSoftware Methodologies MTM
Reporting Tools: Waterfall, Iterative and Agile
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Understand the Business and Functional Specification Documents and Process /Data Flow diagrams pertaining to the Brokerage workstation application.
- Responsible for testing and tracking the new enhancement of the fixed income product while supporting the middle office and front office.
- Test the position and P&L accuracy and sync up across the systems, worked with Global Trade Capture team for trade tickets from APS.
- Interact with BA and Leads to understand the process flow of the trading systems with in the Topaz VB and brokerage workstation.
- Extensively involved with external clients for the STP process flow with Bloomberg, Cosmos EMEA, Morgan
- Direct, and ONV Systems.
- Involved in Preparing the Master Test Plan for the brokerage trading applications.
- Designing the entire documentation like Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Detailed Test Cases and Test Results in Quality Center.
- Responsible for Traceability metrics for all the requirements with test cases and defects tracking.
- Participated in the conversion process and the changes made with the old VB application to new Java based Trading system.
- Responsible for UAT Sign-off on the monthly scheduled releases and responsible to perform Checkout validation.
- Responsible for Manually Testing of the entire application Functionality according to the Business Logic and Pre-Trade checks.
- Execute UNIX scripts in order to generate the Workstation client Reports SDI reports, Topaz Reports and to verify some batch functionalities and Refresh File extracts.
- Responsible for writing SQL, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, and complex queries as part of my testing requirements using Oracle10g.
- Responsible for Planning, Performing and Maintaining the Manual UAT contingency/backup environments for
- Functional, Integration and Regression testing.
- Performed Integration Testing, End-to-End Testing and UAT of all brokerage trading applications.
- Responsible for Coordinating with the Business users /Front /middle office for new Change request and User Acceptance sign-off.
- Involved in Daily, Weekly Status meeting with Plan team, Technology and Project Managers.
- Working on Agile (Scrum) methodology for daily testing activity.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM11.5, HP UFT11.5, Windows XP, IE8, XML, HTML, MS Excel, MS Power point,Microsoft Visio, Oracle 10g, UNIX, Java, J2EE, .Net, VB.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Responsible for reviewing the BRD (requirements document) and work on making a test scenarios/Test cases and review them with the PM/Business team and get the sign off.
- Hands on with E-trading, Voice trades, order management, trade management, real time Positions, P&L check.
- Extensively used different Booking/Trading Systems like BATS, TOMS, Tradeweb, MarketAxess, and Bloomberg.
- Performed the smoke and sanity test on any deployed build and then go ahead with the functional testing.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the concerned development and support teams
- Worked on Agile Methodology with sprint model for releasing the code to production.
- Designing the entire documentation like Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Detailed Test Cases and Test Results in HP
- ALM for specific projects.
- Some project Requirements are gathered from an application called JIRA where it is sorted by project and version numbers.
- Created Test Cases (Jiras) and tested and closed once no issues are found. Test results and defects are attached and tracked in the JIRA.
- Used SQL query and verify the data from Sybase and MYSQL DB
- Did compatibility test for various browser versions like IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox while migrating from
- Windows XP to Windows 7
- Involved in Daily, Weekly Status meeting with BA, DEV and Project Managers.
- Responsible for User demos and QA sign-off documents for the monthly schedule release.
- Worked in UAT Environment and make sure everything is working as expected and provided demos to users before releasing to production.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM11.5, HP UFT11.5 Manual Testing, Windows XP/7, IE8, XML, HTML, Jira,MS Excel, MS Power point, Microsoft Visio, Oracle 10g, MySQL, UNIX, Java, J2EE.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
- Developed Test Cases based on Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Specifications and Functional documents.
- Reviewed System, Functional and design specification for all the new enhancements.
- Conducted and actively participated in reviews, walkthroughs of test scenarios/ test cases with the stack-holders of the Project.
- Executed the test cases through Test Lab of Quality Center/ALM and Involved in mapping the requirements to the test cases through Traceability matrix in Quality center/ALM
- Executed Test cases by Pass/Fail criteria in Test Lab by attaching Actual and Expected results through MS
- Excel/MS Word in Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed operations on the front end and check all the tables involved whether they are updated correctly as per the specifications.
- Participated actively as a Scrum Team member in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Performed extensive Database testing by executing SQL queries using Joins, Where, Group by, Order by clauses and aggregate functions.
- Performed Defect tracking using Quality Center, reviewed and assigned the defects to developers, retested the defects after getting resolved and closed the defects that are fixed and working fine.
- Written SQL Queries and executed them using TOAD and SQL Editor.
- Customized Test scripts adding Programming logics, using conditional and loop statements.
- Responsible to run UNIX Shell scripts as needed for backing up data and generating EOD reports.
- Responsible for generating, compiling automation test results report for each implementation.
- Responsible for User demos and QA sign-off documents for the monthly scheduled release.
Environment: HP Quality Center/ALM11, HP UFT11.5, Oracle10g, TOAD, JAVA, J2EE, XML, Windows-XPUNIX, VI Editor, MS Office, MS Visio and MS Project
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Worked for entire QA Life Cycle, which included Requirement Analysis, Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA process.
- Worked with the offshore-onshore team of developers in prioritizing defect issues using Quality Center.
- Troubleshoot the system problems and logged the defects in Quality Center.
- Wrote complex SQL statements to perform the backend testing of the SQL Server database.
- Reviewed business/functional requirements and technical specifications of the application.
- Analyzing the test requirements and writing Test Cases as per the requirements.
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios.
- Extensively involved in System testing & Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Created and Documented test cases and test data for Business Users.
- Executed the regression test cases manually before it was handed over to UAT.
- Actively interacted with team members, developers in review meetings to evaluate the process and performance of the application.
- Involved in Sanity Check test, whenever there is a new builds and was responsible for communicating the results of new build to the team.
- Coordinated test results looking for inconsistencies and ways to improve overall companywide performance.
- Interacted with users, development team and adhoc testing team.
- Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test Professional (HP QTP) for extensive functionality and regression testing.
- Maintained all testing requirements, test cases in Quality Center and executed all test cases from Quality Center.
- Documented the entire testing process, test cases and test results.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
Environment: Quality Center9.5/10.0, QTP10.0, .Net, VBScript, AJAX, DB2, SQL Server, HTML, SQL, XMLLoad Runner, Windows, MSOffice.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Reviewed and analyzed the Requirements documents, Design documents, Data design/flow, Data mapping documents to identify the Test scenarios and test data for testing.
- Used Quality Center as the test management tool for the maintenance of the test cases and to track the defects.
- Involved in conducting Gap Analysis (GAP), Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Smoke Testing.
- Written specified SQL scripts to test the areas defined in each requirement, performed Database Validation and manipulations using SQL.
- Design and Maintenance of Automation scripts for functional and regression test cases in QTP.
- Enhanced QTP scripts - Used check Points, loops, parameterization, multiple actions, VB script, library functionsand user functions.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
- Created QTP scripts with Local and Shared object repositories and maintained them in Object Repository Manager.
- Obtain signoff, from the business, sales, and development, on the High Level Test Cases and detailed test steps.
- Attend daily release management calls to report status and identify the project risks based on the defects from ther projects in the release.
Environment: Quality Center 9.0/9.5, QTP 9.5, XML, HTML, SQL Server, MS Office, JIRA, .Net, and VB ScriptUNIX.