- Over 8 years of experience as an Automation Test Engineer and Manual Tester. Worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), including Implementation, Documentation and Testing on internet - based e-business and Client-Server applications, in the domains of Retail, Health Care, E-Commerce and Banking.
- Worked on Waterfall and Agile development methodologies and prepared Gap Analysis, Business Requirement, and Use case scenario documents.
- Experienced in formulating Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set up testing environment.
- Expertise in diverse types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and User Acceptance Testing.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Well conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in diverse types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
- Sound knowledge in writing automation scripts using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber, Gherkin, Features, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Steps, and Step Definitions.
- Profound Knowledge in designing and working with Test Driven Development(TDD) Approach.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Junit and Eclipse.
- Experience testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services.
- Expertise in developing test scripts using Selenium WebDriver executed automated test scripts & analyzed the results.
- Worked on Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins, SVN, TestNG and Maven.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Design & Develop data driven framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI API and Page Object Model Design Pattern.
- Proficient in using Appium to develop Automation testing scripts for Mobile and client-server applications. Work on Appium for App testing (Android/ IOS). Developed Appium Scripts for Native, The Web and Hybrid Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Used AutoIT, Robot API tools in automation for Mouse movements, Key Strokes, Window control manipulations and print pop-ups which are not possible using Selenium WebDriver.
- Pro cient in handling the SSL Certificate error using desired capabilities in the entire web Browsers.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Integrated successfully build deployment tools like Jenkins, Maven with Selenium Automation frameworks for nightly regressions.
- Have done database testing by using MS SQL, Oracle & DB2.
- Experience in working with logging framework Log4j written in Java to store the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file or databases.
- Worked in cross-domain application and able to identify the flow of data between different application in domains and its dependency.
- Expertise in documenting defects with the prominent level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla etc.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) and Git.
- Excellent analytical skills with excellent communications and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Junit, Cucumber, Restful, SoapUI, Protractor, JMeter, Load Runner.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Defect Tools: JIRA, ALM, Rally, HP QC
Programming Languages: JAVA, C#, VB Script, Gherkin, C, C++
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, UNIX, LINUX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Mobile Testing Tools: Perfecto and Appium.
Utilities: IntelliJ, Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path, TFS, Visual Studio
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Sr. QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated Testing.
- Prioritized Test Cases according to Sprints. Handled and Supported team in frameworks design and troubleshooting.
- In Selenium automation, I worked closely with development team (Agile) to create Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, Maven and TestNG.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Developed automation scripts for Native Mobile applications (IOS, Android) using Java.
- Developed Data driven test framework in Selenium WebDriver by reading test data from Excel file using Apache POI.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java.
- Developed Data Driven Framework, Page Object Model from scratch using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG and defined dependencies using Maven.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation.
- Involved in GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirement and feature set and Participated in daily SCRUM meeting.
- Performed web services Testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, Json files.
- Assisted in writing Test Cases in JBehave, which is a framework for Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Conducted end-to-end Testing on applications and technology, to ensure that business, technical, functional requirements met throughout the SDLC. Performed Regression Testing, GUI Testing, and Cross Browser Compatibility Testing during the releases and communicated with the developers to resolve any technical issues
- Maintained code version using GIT version control.
- Implemented Test Driven Development(TDD) approach for Mobile Testing with Appium.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites
- Logged and managed defects using JIRA defect management tool.
- Involved in creating automation test scripts using selenium, cucumber built on Eclipse IDE
- Closely worked with developers to troubleshoot defects using Splunk logs and tail the application logs (for any exceptions) while Testing
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the backend.
- Performed Postman (Manually) and JMeter (automation) tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
Sr. QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Farmington, CT
- Performed end to end testing on Revenue Cycle Management System.
- Expertise in working with market Prominence in compliance with CMS and HIPAA requirements.
- Reviewed Vendor Audit Report summarizing the SDLC approach and methodologies.
- Communicate risk and compliance issues regarding EDMS validation and vendor audits to Management.
- Prepared Validation Plan after reviewing Functional Requirements of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Responsible for creating test cases to check the Installation, Operational and Performance Qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) for the application challenging the system to ensure it meets the approved changes to the new and regression functional requirement and generated report for the same.
- Assisted in writing and analyzing Validation Registry for the system to check all activities have been completed in time line and deliverables are reviewed and approved.
- Extensively used SQL queries to verify or extract the data from the database.
- Good working knowledge of the entire Validation Life Cycle including development and execution of the entire QA process and responsible for developing and documentation of Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Create and implemented Test Plan, Test Scripts based on the Software Requirement Specification
- Generated Test Scenarios, Test Case and Test Data and executed test scripts to test the functionality of the application and regression testing through Quality Control(QC)
- Uploading the test cases from the Excel sheet to the test manager using Test Case Migration Tool
- Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity testing, White box testing and Black box testing
- Logging the defects, assigning the bugs to the developers and coordinated with developers in closing the bugs
- Automated projects and maintained the logs and reports
- Automated Regression Suite of Test cases using Visual Studio, C# and designed a framework for easy maintenance of scripts
- Logged the exceptions occurred with appropriate messages using log4j
- Testing the SOAP Web services using SOAP UI tool which takes the WSDL file as input
- Implemented unit test cases using NUnit to achieve white box testing
- Implemented Data Driven Test using Test Data in Excel sheet using Apache POI API.
- Using SQL, wrote complex queries to test the produced output.
- Developed BDD framework using Spec flow by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in C# for Spec flow.
- Participated in Weekly stand up- meetings and walk through to discuss Defect Priorities.
- Prioritized the defects and the severity levels using JIRA and discussed with the developers to resolve the issues.
Environment: C#, Visual Studio, NUnit, TFS, Windows, Linux, Spec Flow, Oracle, SQL, SOAP UI, XML, REST API, Agile, Web Services, Selenium, Maven, JIRA, HTML, Toad, MS Office, SVN.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Implementing Test Lab and formulation of Test Plans, Test Strategy.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, TestNG, Cucumber, and Eclipse.
- Performed functional, negative, positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used MAVEN for build management, Git as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Monitored Jenkins job execution results and logged the defects in ALM (Quality Center)
- Implemented Test Driven Development(TDD) approach for GUI Testing with Selenium and Java.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements using APPIUM tool.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using APPIUM.
- Setup Selenium GRID to run Selenium scripts on different browsers.
- Worked with developers and the testers to review test cases.
- Involved in executing the SQL Queries for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non-Duplication Testing.
- Extensively Testing Web Services (SOAP/REST) using CA DevTest (ITKO LISA) and SOAPUI tools.
- Converting existing UFT Script to Selenium script to support multiple browsers using Java, Selenium and TestNG& Eclipse.
- Skilled in performing load, stress and performance Testing using HP Load Runner and CA DevTest/ITKO LISA. used ITKO LISA/ CA DevTest and SOAPUI for functional Testing of web services.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly consignment run of the Script.
- Created and executed CA LISA &SOAPUI Scripts for the Web Services Testing.
- Performed UI, Functional and Regression Testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Extensively tested data in backend Data base by writing complex SQL queries.
- Develop test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Design and build automation framework for web-based application using POM Design (Page Object Model) for portability and maintenance.
- Implement Test Automation Framework based on Page Object Model, Java, Selenium &TestNG.
- Created and executed multi-action scripts based on test script/scenario flows.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Used HP QC for tracking defects and notifying developers.
- Performed Functional Testing and Back-end Testing using the database comparable results manually.
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the ETL Testing to make sure target Database tables loaded with correct data.
- The reports that were created in Business Objects were Testing by running the SQL statements against the tables in the Oracle Database.
- Tested Mobile Native and Web applications using simulators and APPIUM.
- Involved in Task Estimation, Prioritization, Creation and Communication to Onsite & Offshore teams.
- Coordinated user acceptance Testing with final users & prepared end user documentation for the new system.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center & reported the same in status meetings.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders.
Environment: Quality Center, Manual Testing, Informatica Power Center, Selenium, JAVA, HTML, SQL server, AngularJS, MS Office and Visio, HP Quality Center ALM, Oracle, Appium.
- Involved in all the stages of SDLC & STLC like Requirements Specifications, Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated & understood the application's Functional Requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows (End to End) and test procedures.
- Prepared Test cases for Positive and Negative test scenarios as referred in the User Stories keeping in mind boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG and analyzed Test Results.
- Used Hybrid &Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Testing on diverse types of browsers.
- Used HP Quality Centre to track defects and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries on Joins- (Inner join, left join, right join and Full join).
- Worked on web services testing using SOAPUI on SOAP Protocol, REST Protocol to check the communication between different web services and added assertions such XPath Query, Response SLA, Contains, not contains, Valid HTTP codes, Invalid HTTP Codes.
- Participated in regular project Status Meetings related to testing phases.
- Monitoring Testing Activities within the team and reporting regular progress to the Test Manager.
- Coordinate efforts between Onshore and offshore test team.
Environment: Java, HP Quality Center, Jira, HTML, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, XML, Apache-Subversion, Excel, SQL, Windows XP, SVN.
- Analyze and developed requirements, Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Business Requirements.
- Involved in Functional, GUI, Localization, Compatibility, Regression, Performance and Release Acceptance Testing for the Confidential Functionalities.
- Worked under waterfall methodology.
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications.
- Used Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace test cases to functional requirements. Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all Software Development Life Cycle phases.
- Performed Integration Testing to check the flow of the application.
- Developed and maintained Manual test scripts through HP Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Quality Center
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Involved in back end Testing by writing SQL queries.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
- Defect tracking using Bugzilla.
- Prepared Defect reports, weekly status reports, and bug tracking.
- Performed cross browser Testing and parallel Testing using Selenium RC and GRID
- Provided installation and configuration of the Virtual Machines, Operating Systems, Browsers
- Mostly involved in manual and automation testing using QTP.
- Involved with Technical team and QA Team during issues and bug review meetings
Environment: Waterfall, Quality Center, Bugzilla, and SQL, Manual Testing, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid