- Specializing in Software Quality Assurance and Testing, Configuration Management and Project Management in Information Technology
- An experienced and result oriented professional with 7 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Software Testing and Configuration Management for a variety of web - based applications. Experienced in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Enjoys analytical work, interaction with clients and is committed to delivering high quality and timely results, strong skills in software testing life cycle (STLC), QA Test Methodologies, Risk Analysis, Configuration and Change Management, System Verification and Software Validation.
- Experience in analyzing comprehensive requirements; applying agile development environment and methodology; conducting and participating in different Types of Testing - Functional, GUI, Backend, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, Integration, 508 Compliance & Accessibility Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expert in gathering and analyzing requirements, writing test plans, building test cases and scenarios, setting up test environments, preparing test data, executing test cases and scenarios, developing requirement traceability matrixes (RTM), bug documentations, and test result analysis reports.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX
Language: SQL, Visual Basic, CSS, Java
Database/Database Verification Tools: Oracle, SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, TOAD, Postgre SQL
508 Compliance Testing Tools: JAWS, WAVE, Site Improve, Total Validator
Software Testing Tools: HP ALM, QuickTest Professional/Unified Functional Testing, Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Telerik
Requirements/Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, Serena Business Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Office, Visual Studio Foundation Server (VSTS) SharePoint
Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Brave
Configuration Management Tools: SSH Client, Serena Dimensions, Serena Business Manager, VSTS, Jenkins
Other Skills: MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Test Specialist and CM Specialist
- Managed multiple Quality Assurance projects simultaneously using time management and planning.
- Supervised and directed a team of four Test Specialists as well as Configuration Management Specialists.
- Performed functional, backend, automated, smoke, 508 compliance and accessibility testing, GUI, UAT and regression testing for over sixteen different federal applications.
- Worked and communicated extremely closely with the development team and Federal Government end users/clients/system owners.
- Assisted with implementing Selenium IDE and Web Driver.
- Developed test cases and test scripts and performed execution of test cases, reporting and documenting the test results using Serena Business Manager and Visual Studio.
- Extensively worked in an agile environment, with daily scrum meeting, stand up meetings, presentations and reviews.
- Coordinated with development team for handling of defects.
- Executed SQL queries to extract data from the database.
- Organized and conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) with Federal Government end users/system owners.
- Involved in conducting Status and review meetings, weekly and daily.
- Validated several Data Change Requests (DCRs) for the Grants Management System (GMS) and other legacy applications.
- Performed validation of all Federal applications during monthly maintenance and patching.
- Conducted production readiness review meetings for production deployments.
- Worked closely with Project Manager to generated weekly and monthly testing and configuration management reports.
- Attended meetings involving Developers, DBAs, Business Analysts and Management to track application changes.
- Provided configuration, change and release management to meet the business needs of grants management software systems of the Office of the CIO ( Confidential ) at the Office of Justice Programs (OJP) at Confidential (DOJ).
- Supported deployment, validation and testing support for configuration items (CIs) for business area software applications and IT Infrastructure development.
- Ensured that Configuration Items (CI) were tracked and that all CI's were reviewed and updated throughout their life cycle and the systems were compliant with standards and requirements.
- Performed software build configuration management using configuration management tools such as Jenkins and Serena products (Serena Business Manager SBM, Serena Dimensions CM, Serena Dimensions CM Pulse, Serena Work Center) in a complex environment.
- Maintained source code in Serena Dimensions CM and executed deployment requests in Jenkins in FQT, Production, UAT, Hot Fix environments.
- Documented installation and configuration steps within System Installation Procedures documentation for SBM and Serena Dimensions CM in a UNIX environment.
- Provided administrative support for SBM, Dimensions CM and Jenkins.
- Managed CM applications in OJP Test environment, including SBM, Serena Dimensions CM and Jenkins.
- Performed audits for projects or releases according to the configuration management plans.
- Ensured CM tools users and support teams complied with CM processes.
- Created detailed status and governance reports to provide to management and government client.
- Assisted with planning of software upgrades and modification of Serena Software in test and production environments.
- Worked closely with Federal CM Manager and Branch Chiefs to coordinate and execute proposed configuration management modifications and enhancements.
ENVIRONMENT: XML, HTML, Java, Windows, Unix, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, Oracle, SQL, TFS, VSTS, Unix, SSH Client, SharePoint, AWS
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Managed multiple Quality Assurance projects simultaneously using time management and planning skills as well as delegating tasks to team.
- Coordinated with groups including Data Management, Development teams, Release Management, and vendors to ensure success of the project.
- Involved in gathering/analyzing the System Requirement Specification, user requirement, functional requirement and software design document.
- Monitor execution status of each application area and escalate risks and issues to appropriate teams/resources to ensure timely resolution.
- Support Release Management efforts for integrated release initiative.
- Enhanced product test coverage and quality by tracking test progress along with analyzing, monitoring and maintaining metrics.
- Led major QA project initiatives ensuring that company directives for cost savings were met and serving as primary contact for all activities on project.
- Developed standard templates for testing including Communication plan, System Test plan, and Requirement traceability matrix (RTM), Test Cases and bug documentation.
- Provided substantial advice, assistance, and functional knowledge to other staff.
- Create regression and functional test suite of call center applications under test.
- Identify areas of the applications which will benefit from automation.
- Closely involved with CTI and IVR testing for call center applications.
- Assist testing manager in creating testing approach traceability.
- Involved in conducting general testing and automation testing update meetings.
- Coordinate weekly status meetings with testing manager to check statuses of testing efforts.
- Heavily involved in integration testing between contingency database and NGD application.
- Interact closely with Vision and Strategy team to help them better understand testing process.
Environment: QTP, VB Scripting, OnTime, Siebel, ClearQuest, ReqPro, Java, Oracle, SharePoint, Windows, MS Office, Quality Center, HTML, ARIA, CSS