- Senior software QA tester with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings and fault - free audits.
- Hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project-based environments. Multifaceted experience in QA software testing, software development and user-acceptance testing.
- Backed by strong credentials including a BS degree, computer analytics certificate; advanced command of various testing suites, agile methodologies and monitoring tools; and cross-platform skills in Windows, and Mobile.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- Functional Requirements
- Scripting & Documentation
- Regression & Negative Testing
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- Performance/Load/Stress Testing
- Testing Automation
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Test Strategies & Coverages
- QA & QC Standards
HP Quality Center; HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT); HP SiteScope; HP Unified Functional Testing; HP LoadRunner; Selenium Suite; Agile; SoapUI; SilkTest; Introscope; Dynatrace; Compuware Gomez; Java; C#; VBScript; SQL; .NET; XML
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Software Quality Assurance Tester
- Created and executed manual and automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes. Led QA testing that:
- Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaws in new and existing feature sets.
- Identified the root cause of intermittent interoperability glitch in our software, leading to Solid resolutions for our platform
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
Lead QA Tester, Software & Integration Group
- Created company’s first comprehensive database of documented test defects and procedures to enable accurate replication and ensure compliance with standards. Accelerated average QA testing turn-around time, allowing company to accept more testing projects without increasing staff.
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
- Worked on the R&D team developing testing suite for the implementation of our online store.
- Analyzed business requirements, conducted gap analysis, estimated project scope and worked closely with the Change Control team to deliver high-quality software solutions using Java, C#, VBScript, SQL and other technologies.