- Available immediately, with 16 years of experience in Software Testing and Analysis.
- Offering the ability to implement and maximize results via SQA methodology and procedures when testing client - server, back office, mobile and web applications.
KEY RELEVANT SKILLS:
- Test Cases/Plans/Reports, SQL, SDLC, Agile Jira/Atlassian, Estimating, APIs, XML, SOAP.
- For comprehensive list, please refer to Skills & Disciplines spreadsheet .
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
- After acquisition from Confidential in 2016, continued as SME for major (6) and minor (30) applications, with added duties.
- Support and maintenance, as QA Lead for online banking platform, APIs, and back office applications. Tested user stories, while assigning work to 3 team members, located in both the US and India. Monitored progress/burn-down via Jira, and coordinated handover to SysOps team for release to Production.
- Led weekly triage/backlog meetings with Product, Dev, Support teams and upper management, in order to prioritize work, finalize user stories to be included in releases, and to find resolution to other open maintenance issues.
- Led weekly team meetings in order to keep QA Manager updated on progress, and to address internal and administrative items.
- Started as a Quality Assurance Engineer in June 2004 with Online Resources ( Confidential ). Was promoted to Senior Engineer in December 2005 and to Principal Engineer in July 2008. In 2013, Confidential acquired Confidential .
- Led one of the company’s biggest transitional projects. This involved leadership responsibilities for the testing efforts of 8 QA engineers working on 20 separate applications. Also tested 4 major applications while leading the project.
- Transitioned to a different product in 2008, where experience was gained in our middleware and back office applications. This required a more intensive and analytical mode of testing, as well as troubleshooting problems. Gained further experience with SQL, Service Queue logic and XML.
- Assisted first project in June 2008, then led my own project starting November 2008. Integrated our middleware with a different online banking solution.
- From 02/2012 to 06/2014, title was that of Technical Certification Manager. As SME for end-user applications and APIs, duties included working with clients who wanted to certify the integrity and efficiency of our API, middleware, and other interfaces via their (or 3rd party) front end.
- After Confidential acquisition, role and title transitioned back to that of Principal QA Lead, focusing on support and maintenance of Online Banking and Bill Pay products.
- In addition, accepted assignment as Quality Solutions Expert. This role included working on automation and best practices for our products.
- Tested mobile online banking solution via the back end (i.e. not on the UI side) via API calls/responses, and validated the resulting database values.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Started as QA Manager in McLean division, but title was changed due to company reorganization. Directly responsible for the duties and efforts of 3 QA engineers.
- Tested client-server, black box and wireless software on Blackberry devices.
- Reviewed functional systems requirements and design, then developed test cases from them.
- Created and maintained test plans, traceability matrix, test cases and some automation scripts and reports
- Performed manual functional and security testing. This included: Regression, installation, compatibility, and beta testing
- Data flow verification using manual statuses, wireless devices and emulators
- Actively interacted with development teams, customer service and clients to resolve problems
- Conducted performance reviews for 2 QA Engineers.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Manager, Advanced Solutions Group
- Managed the day-to-day operations of the 2nd Tier Support group while simultaneously providing 2nd and 3rd Tier support to internal and external customers
- Maintained the call-tracking program
- Took ownership of escalated issues in order to provide expedient resolution
- Delegated duties and responsibilities during weekly status meetings.
- Traveled to client sites when support issue necessitated on-site resolution