- 7 years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications
- Experience using query tools for Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL Server to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC, STLC, agile, water fall & V - Modal process with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Expertise in Testing complex Business rules by creating mapping and various transformations.
- Experience in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables.
- Stress Testing. Regression testing, End-to-end Testing, & User Acceptance testing (UAT) and also has good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Hands on experience on ETL Micro Strategy tools in ETL process development, testing and in maintaining ETL codes.
- Good experience in Micro strategy, Cognos Reports and Business Objects testing.
- Experience in Financial, Banking, Brokerage, and Securities industries.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- In depth knowledge of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Expertise in Developing PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures/Functions, triggers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in producing tables, reports, graphs and listings using various SSAS procedures and handling large databases to perform complex data manipulations.
- Extensive experience in testing and implementing Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data warehouse using Informatica.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Has expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Experienced with ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS, and Ab Initio and Data stage.
- Deep understanding of QA Process, Test Methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile and RUP. Good working knowledge of FACETS.
- Expertise in utilizing Oracle utility tool SQL*Loader and expertise in Toad for developing Oracle applications.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
Quality Assurance Tools /Test Management: HP ALM 11.5/ALM Quality center 11.0/HP Quality Center 10, Test Director 7.5, IBM Clear Quest
Environment: Windows 98/2000/NT/XP, IBM Mainframes, Unix, Linux.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, Ab Initio, SSIS.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, PERL, Visual Basic, XML
RDBMS: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Teradata, Sybase, DB2
GUI/RDBMS Query Tools: SQL* Plus, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management studio, Teradata SQL Assistant 13.0, TOAD, Win SQL
Tools: MS-Office suite(Word excel, Project and outlook)
BI Tools: Business Objects XIR2/XIR3, Cognos, OBIEE, Micro strategy, SSRS and Hyperion
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. ETL/QA/DWH Tester
- Responsible for Gathering test requirements and scoping out the test plan.
- Written complex SQL queries.
- Designed and tested UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL testing process to automate the process of loading, pulling the data for testing ETL loads.
- Extensive experience in ETL process consisting of data transformation, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading using Informatica.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Worked on Member Enrollment and Billing module for the implementation of Facets
- Involved in data warehouse testing by checking ETL procedures/mappings.
- As an ETL/BI Tester responsible for the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Used Microsoft SQL Server BI tools Informatica, SSRS and SSAS effectively to create Business Objects, Cubes and Reports for the Business users and customers.
- Tested data marts; tested the security levels and granting of appropriate roles.
- Performed user acceptance testing (UAT), and integration testing.
- Created/modified a variety of parameterized, drill down, click through, chart, matrix, sub reports using SSRS using data from a variety of sources.
- Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance
- Designed and reviewed the new report standards in order to ensure optimized performance under the new reporting service SSRS.
- Coordinated, Managed, Mentor and Lead the offshore team in all the activities regarding Testing and conversion of legacy system to the newest version of Facets
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Proposing remediation in SDLC documentation for the controls that are found to be not met.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology.
- Involved in Implementing Agile (Scrum) methodologies for the complex project modules.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Worked with Data Conversion projects for testing data quality after migration.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using HP ALM.
- Responsible for testing entire member enrollment and eligibility workflows as per business requirements using Facets.
- Strong in performing backend testing using SQL on Informatica, SSRS and SSAS databases.
- Worked on developing functionalities using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Assigning resources throughout the SDLC process based on the Test Estimates.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server-based data warehouse.
- Experienced in data analysis using SQL, PL/SQL and many other queries based applications.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Validated business reporting requirements with internal and external customers.
- Validated the reports to make sure all the data is populated as per requirements.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating with offshore team.
Environment: Informatica, SQL, PL/SQL, Agile/Scrum, UFT, Soap UI, SSRS, Database, Facets, SDLC, SQL Assistant, HP ALM, DWH, SQL Server, XML Files, XSD, XML, Flat Files.
Confidential, COLUMBUS, OH
- Wrote the SQL queries on data staging tables and data warehouse tables to validate the data results.
- Worked with Data Completeness, Data Transformation, Data Quality, Integration, UAT testing and Regression testing for ETL and BI group
- Write SQL queries to validate that actual test results match with expected results
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica packages.
- Worked with clients to demonstrate Agile techniques for software development
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Participated in SDLC & STLC process.
- Prepared the guides for UAT & Production readiness for entire Informatica ETL testing efforts.
- Check the naming standards, data integrity and referential integrity.
- Checked the reports for any naming inconsistencies and to improve user readability.
- Compared the actual result with expected results. Validated the data by reverse engineering methodology i.e. backward navigation from target to source.
- Used Clear Quest for defect tracking and reporting, updating the bug status and discussed with developers to resolve the bugs.
- Worked with Informatica system variable, passing variables between packages.
- Created the Microsoft Visio diagram which represents the workflow and execution process of all the process
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Validated format of the reports and feeds.
- Checking the status of ETL jobs in UNIX and tailing the log files while the loading is under processing.
- Involved in conducting the Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Thoroughly tested application along with bug reporting, bug tracking till bug closure
- Written Test Scripts based on the Business requirements and executed Functional testing and data validation, data reconciliation with defect correction and retesting, followed by regression and performance testing.
- Prepared documentation for all the testing methodologies used to validate the Data Warehouse.
- Worked with others in SDLC/STLC process.
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing for different data loading jobs
- Validated cube and query data from the reporting system back to the source system.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version controlling
- Extensively involved with backend testing by writing complex SQL queries.
- Worked closely with the development teams to replicate end user issues.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica, SSRS, Agile, Soap UI, ALM Quality Center, SDLC, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, XML Files, XSD, XML
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Involved in Relational modeling and Dimensional Modeling Techniques to design ER data models and Star Schema designs for testing the data flow between source and target
- Documented the validation rules, error handling and test strategy of the mapping.
- Tuned the complex SQL queries for better performance by eliminating various performance bottlenecks.
- Performed the Back-end Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements
- Established and documented ETL QA standards, procedures and QA methodologies.
- Performed extensive data validations against Data Warehouse
- Involved in testing data reports. Written several SQL queries for validating the front-end data with backend.
- Conducted back to back meetings with developers and discussed about all open issues.
- Conducted test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
- Performed Functional Testing and Back-end Testing using the database comparable results Manually
- Interacted with the users to ensure meaningful development of the scripts and simulated real time business scenarios.
- Compared the actual result with the expected results. Validated the data by reverse engineering methodology i.e. backward navigation from target to source.
- Proficient in System Testing, Integration Testing, Functional, Regression, GUI, Stress, Smoke Testing, End-to-End Testing.
- Created temporary tables for validations after understanding the transformation logic.
- Tested several UNIX shell scripting for File validation and also PL/SQL programming
- Tested complex mappings using mapplets and reusable transformations.
- Performed Data Centric testing to validate the data that is loaded in to the data warehouse is correct as per the defined business rules.
- Worked with ETL Source System and Target System (ETL Mapping Document) for writing test cases and test scripts.
- Written several SQL statements to confirm successful data transfers between source and target.
- Worked with data profiling, data scrubbing and data cleansing.
- Tested Standard Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, Master-Child Drill through Reports and Multilingual Reports
Environment: Informatica, Agile, QTP, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, XML, XSD, VSAM Files, MVS, ISFP, Flat Files
Jr. Manual Tester
- Prepared and Scheduled for Backup and Recovery. Maintenance of backup and recovery plans for system and user databases
- Created roles, and set permissions to ensure that company’s security policies are enforced and in effect.
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in Remedy
- Tested reports and ETL mappings from Source to Target
- Tested Informatica mappings. Performed data validations against Data Warehouse
- Understood business requirements, and helped re-design the development plan, and designed the data warehouse
- Involved in job scheduling using MS SQL server Agent.
- Responsible for extensive data validations on Data warehouse and reports.
- Responsible for testing Business Objects universe and universe enhancements.
- Responsible for leading team and co-coordinating with offshore team
- Prepare and set up environment for Disaster recovery.
- Optimized, partitioned cubes to speed up report latency and performance optimizations.
- Assisted in Troubleshooting of Report deployment on multiple servers.
Environment: Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server, Enterprise Manager, Database Transformation Services (DTS), VB Script, Business Objects, SQL Profiler, MS Access, XML, XSLT, XSD