- 10 years of IT experience as a Lead/Specialist in Software Quality Assurance for the customer facing Web Applications.
- Independently supported multiple ecommerce systems and performed end to end validations of system’s core features on different browsers and devices.
- Worked with QA test methodologies to be applied in both Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) Software development models.
- Prepared QA test plans, test strategies and managed testing artifacts during different phases of software testing.
- Extensive experience in Project Management activities involving planning, delegating, tracking and consolidating testing activities with the resources.
- Proficient in gathering and analyzing the Business Requirements, documenting System Requirement specification, Functional specifications, Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Expertise in translating design specifications of application into functional test cases and test plan & test strategy for e - commerce applications.
- Hands on experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce Sales Center, Management Center, and Accelerator.
- Specialized in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black Box Testing, Back-End Testing, System Testing, Cross Browser and Cross-platform Testing, Ad-Hoc Testing, UI validation, and Web Services.
- Recorded UFT/QTP scripts with standard checkpoints, validation designed functional libraries, functions, subroutines, common functions, regular expressions and environmental variables using UFT.
- Multiple years of hands on experience in performing validation on Mobile devices in iOS, Android platforms. (Native app)
- Experience in executing SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and for validating data.
- An active participant in Defect Management, Bug Reporting, and providing status reports to higher management on testing activities.
- Very good experience in JIRA Administration.
OS/Platform: Windows 7/8/10/2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS X, IOS, Android, I-Pad, IPhone
Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Centre, UFT/QTP, SOAP UI, Rally, JIRA, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, IBM WebSphere Commerce Sales Center, Management Center, and Accelerator
Scripting Languages: XML, VB Script, T-SQL
Database: SQL Server, Oracle
QA Lead Test Analyst/Engineer
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Independently supported the functional and end to end testing of many key modules of a customer facing ecommerce system for Confidential USA.
- Active participation in daily scrum meetings and sharing updates on the project testing.
- Reviewing user stories, identifying gaps, addressing gaps, developing test cases, ensuring traceability.
- Identify & organize the overall plan for test data, strategy and also identified the scope of testing within the context of each sprint. Performed sprint level testing - functional, systems integration and regression testing.
- Participate in developing high-level system test scenarios and full cycle test scenarios. Work closely with Business Analysts to find out the gaps in functional requirements.
- Support localization testing on mission critical ecommerce systems with multiple languages.
- Performed validation of system on various browsers and platforms
- Ensure the compatibility of system on all major Mobile devices
- Create and maintain requirement traceability matrix to find out the gaps in requirement and test case coverage.
- Perform Smoke tests on QA environment for every build from development to deployment. Helped data migration team in testing the migrated data through backend.
- Working on IBM WebSphere Commerce Sales Center, Management Center, and Accelerator to support Confidential store management.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective sessions.
- Record automated test scripts for Confidential web applications; Scripts written in HP UFT 11.5 (QTP). Executed UFT script from ALM. Run test cases from ALM and UFT script from ALM.
- Involved in preparing the automation design document, identifying the test cases to be automated for regression testing using UFT/QTP.
- Involved in device testing - Android- Samsung Tab Galaxy, Asus and Visio, iOS- iPAD, iPhone and Nexus. Perform mobile application testing using real devices on the Keynote DeviceAnywhere cloud.
- Performed various testing on mobile including installation testing, functional testing, regression testing, on all iOS & Android devices on different environment
Environment: Agile/Scrum Methodology, ALM Quality Center 12.50, HP UFT 11.5, Keynote Mobile Testing, Java, J2EE, Power Point, MS Project, Microsoft Office, SQL, XML, TOAD, Windows, Android, iOS, Device-Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Vizio, iPAD, iPhone, IBM WebSphere Commerce Sales Center, Management Center, and Accelerator
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Great Neck, NY
- Participated in Impact Analysis, Business Requirements and Release Planning meetings. Prepared test plan based on the walk through and requirements meetings.
- Attend Daily Standup/ Scrum Meetings (Agile), Weekly Status meetings, Walk-throughs to provide status and receive planning updates.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress reports to senior management.
- Worked with the development team very closely and made sure that all the defects were fixed and closed in a timely manner.
- Extensively conducted GUI and Functionality Testing using QTP. Developed programs in descriptive programming and maintained local and Global Object Repository in QTP.
- Responsible for Testing/debugging Automation code and creating exception handling and event logging for the site.
- Used Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP) 9.2 for bug tracking and followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Designed and document detail test plans, test cases, test scripts, test scenario and expected results and tracing the test cases to the requirements using Quality Center 9.2.
- Clearly communicated and documented test results and defect resolutions during all phases of testing.
- Updated Manual of the application and supported client by personal meetings and web-ex
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, Quick Test Pro (QTP) 9.2, Java, J2EE, Struts, XML, MS - SQL Server, Windows