- QA Automation Tester - SDET with around 8 years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Developing Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Plans and Automation Test scripts using Selenium and Java, Mobile Automation using Appium, and AngulaJS apps automation using Protractor/Jasmine and Web Services testing using SOAPUI/Ready API/Rest Assured. Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Banking, Insurance, Healthcare and Retail.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model and Waterfall.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Expertise in developing Test Framework from Scratch using Page Object Model (POM), TDD, BDD, Keyword and Hybrid.
- Extensive experience of OOAD, OOPS, Multi-tier and distributed architectures in developing web-based and client-server application.
- Experience in automation testing using Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven and Jenkins.
- Able to write Java Test Automation Script (.java) using Java, Selenium and Web Driver which does sanity testing on every deployment performed in QA Environment and sends Email Notification on failure.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in testing environment with various languages like java, VBScript, SQL, PLSQL scripting
- Experience in documenting Test Execution Results, preparing Test reports and evaluating Test metrics for Reporting.
- Expertise in developing automation scripts in BDD format using Cucumber and Proficient in writing cucumber scenarios I, Gherkin format.
- Strong experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber JVM to implement Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Developed Scenarios, Features and Step definitions using Cucumber and developed a BDD framework.
- Generated test logs using log4 j for various log levels.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and Good Experience in JQuery, Java script
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Sub Version, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN.
- Worked very closely with the Devops team in Agile methodology for deploying and building the Automation Scripts in Continuous integration
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and hands on experience in creating task for sprint in Rally and attended Sprint Planning, Scrums, Sprint Review meetings.
- Extensive experience in performing Functional testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser compatibility testing and Load/ Stress/Performance testing.
- Conducted System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and UserAcceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in using the open source API testing tools like SOAPUI and Postman for functional /regression /performance testing & test automation of SOAP/Restful Web Services.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, SQL *PLUS, PLSQL stored procedures for databases like Oracle, MySQL, DB2 on UNIX as well as Windows platforms.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Experience managing, prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
Operating Systems: Windows-2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/10/ UNIX
Programming Languages: C, Java, Python, XML, HTML/CSS, C#, Java Script, typescript
Web Designing Languages: HTML, CSS, DHTML, AJAX, Java Script, PHP, JQuery.
Databases: Oracle9i/10g/11g/12c, My SQL, MS SQL server, Sybase
Framework: POM, Keyword, Hybrid, SOAP and Restful Web services.BDD, TDD, Jasmine
CI Tools: Maven, JIRA, Source Tree, Bit Bucket, Jenkins.
Version Controls: SVN, Git, GitHub
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Test Development Tools & IDEs: Selenium IDE, Web Driver, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, QTP/UFT, Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma
Test & Defect Management Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, JIRA and Rally
Confidential, North Brook, IL
QA Automation Engineer - SDET
- Working as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test scripts.
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Development Team, Business Analysts, and End-Users for better quality testing and worked closely with business team to understand the Requirement Document in creating Test Plan.
- Analyzing and developed test script, test cases and performed Manual and Automation Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing.
- Created test automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, Page Object model (POM) using Data Drive Framework for further test creation and execution.
- Used TestNG Parameter, TestNG.xml and Data Provider (Method and ITest Context.) for parameterization
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and cross browser testing.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Created synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements
- Used J2EE for the implementation of script on Eclipse. TestNG and Junit annotation are using for the implementation.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) framework using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Implemented Junit test runner class to call test cases in Cucumber.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script to test the web services (SOAP and REST).
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Automated Angular application module for the time in the organization using Protractor and Jasmine by writing java scripts
- Used JIRA as a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software
- Maintained Automation scripts and responsible for code check-ins into GitHub
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Implemented mobile automation framework using APPIUM and developed automation test Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms. Used emulators and simulators to test the application virtually.
- Actively involved in performing functionality, Configuration, unit and integration tests for modules developed in Oracle11i.
- Data Definition and Manipulate (DDL/DML) using SQL Queries in MYSQL
Environment: Java JDK 1.8, J2EE, Selenium Web driver, Restful Web Services, Oracle 11g, XML, SQL,TOAD,HTML, JUnit, Jenkins, CSS, HP QC/ALM, GUI, Jira, BDD framework, GRID, Cucumber GitHub, Maven and Agile Scrum.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Automation Engineer- SDET
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language, MAVEN and TestNG.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Developed Keyword Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and Oracle Databases.
- Identified the correct GUI web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver, used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Identified I frames in the web application to test the nested images, banners and other embedded web pages in it. Used switch to () to switch from the existing web pages to I frames, other windows and alerts.
- Used TestNG framework, covering different types of test designs like a unit test, functional test, end to end test, UI test and integration test.
- Integrated with TestNG to perform Cross Browser Testing using parallel processing, groups and annotations.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG and generated tests using Log4j in various output targets.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Participated in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Built Test Suite in XML for functional and regression test.
- Monitored the jobs which could be SVN checkout using Jenkins. Used Jenkins for Change Support to generate the list of all changes done to the repository, for Email integration to email the content of the status of the build.
- Developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium Web
- Performed Black Box Testing, UAT Testing and extensively used Selenium for Regression, Smoke, Functional Testing and data driven testing using excel file in Selenium.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in Quality Center (QC).
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, ANT, Maven, TestNG, SQL, HP Quality Center, Jenkins, SVN, Windows XP, SOAP and Selenium GRID
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging.
- Monitor the Test Execution Progress and Manage the Issues during Test Execution.
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology
- Create and implemented Test Plan, Test Scripts based on the Software Requirement Specification
- Generated Test Scenarios, Test Case and Test Data and executed test scripts to test the functionality of the application.
- Uploading the test cases from the Excel sheet to the test manager using Test Case Migration Tool
- Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity testing, White box testing and Black box testing
- Logging the defects, assigning the bugs to the developers and coordinated with developers in closing the bugs
- Automated projects and maintained the logs and reports.
- Used Rally for Defect reporting and tracking.
- Automated Regression Suite of Test cases using Eclipse, JAVA and designed a framework for easy maintenance of scripts
- Involved in creating Resource file for storing constants
- Logged the exceptions occurred with appropriate messages using log4j
- Testing the SOAP Web services using SOAP UI tool which takes the WSDL file as input
- Implemented unit test cases using JUnit to achieve white box testing
- Implemented Data Driven Test using Test Data in Excel sheet
- Using T-SQL, wrote complex queries to test the produced output
- Used SVN for version control and project management
Environment: Java, Rally, HTML, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, XML, Apache-Subversion, Excel, SQL, Windows XP.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Analyst - Test Automation
- Analyzed business requirements, Functional Specifications and Use Cases, prepared Test Strategy and Test plan.
- Interacted with Functional and Technical Leads/Developers for understanding the requirements.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual and Automated Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver with Junit Frame work.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium Web Driver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Wrote Test scripts in Java and Ruby.
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results and reported test defects using HP Quality Center
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Centre 9.2, SQL, QTP 10.0, Agile, Windows 2000/XP, Oracle9i, IIS Server
Software Programmer(Java Developer)
- Involved in adding enhancement to the application according new business rules.
- Involved in gathering the requirements.
- Involved in designing web application using Java, JSP and servlets.
- Connect and retrieve data from the database and feed the client application.
- Receive data from the client application, validate business rules and update the DB.
- Worked on spring and hibernate frameworks for achieving MVC.
- Communicate with the service to retrieved and show data to the user.
- Send data to the service so it can be validated and saved to the database.
- Used html and CSS for developing the UI screens and Java script for browser behavior.
- Involved in Daily meetings and status calls.
- Worked on all layers of the application including front end designing, business and data layers.
- Worked with CSV, excel files for reporting and data administration of several utilities and modules.
- Involved in entire SDLC Lifecycle of all project from analysis to implementation.
- Involved in development of web services and involved in Unit Testing.
- Involved in manual testing of the application and tracking the bugs.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, and data collection
- Worked on SQL queries and DB issues in business sense and performance issues.
- Involved in all stages of projects including defect fixing and performance issue resolving.
- Coordinating with teams that are present in remote locations.
Environment: s: Java/J2EE, Java script, html, servlet, JSP, Oracle, subversion, HP Quality Center, MS Excel.