Over Six plus (6+) years of experience in Software Quality Assurance in both Manual and Automated testing. As a Software Automation Engineer seeking a software QA testing position in a company where I can use my current knowledge and use it to enhance, develop and for continuous growth of the organization, and maintain strict adherence to its guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Web and Client/Server environments.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from Use case documents and Systems requirement document and design documents
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, standards and procedures such as creating and executing test plans and test scripts generation.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and in Automated Testing: Selenium IDE, WebDriver (Java), JIRA, Jazz, HP ALM Quality Center
- Experienced in Selenium grid and Sauce Labs for parallel and cross - browse testing.
- Experienced in JUnit and TestNG framework for testing framework, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experienced in BDD/ Cucumber framework with JAVA and WebDriver. Used Page Object Model to design project and executed in Step definition class.
- Experienced in GIT as code repository to share my code to fellow team member and ran my code in continuous integration server like Jenkins where we build our project periodically and during any deployment
- Experienced in Soap UI/POSTMAN/SWAGGER and REST Assured for Restful Web Service Testing.
- Used Log4j to log my automation report.
- Experienced in developing and executing complex SQL queries to validate the data in the back end.
- Thorough understanding of QA Methodologies like waterfall, Iterative, and Agile.
- Proficient in using Document Management and Web Content Management solutions using SharePoint server.
- Well versed in Testing methodologies, Software development cycles and processes. Involved in developing and executing Test strategies, Test plans, Automated Test scripts, and software Deployment/Release processes.
- Excellent track record of successful completion under tight deadlines.
- Capable to adapt and learn new tools, techniques and approaches.
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent in technical documentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, Sauce Lab, Soap UI, Postman, QTP, HP ALM/ HP Quality Center, JIRA, Jazz(IBM).
Methodology: SDLC, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, STLC
RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL PLUS, SQL Developer
Operating Systems: Windows /XP/Vista/8/10, MAC OS, Linux
CI Tools: Jenkins
Defect Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, Jazz (IBM), HP ALM/ HP Quality Center
Configuration Management tools: Git, Github, Gitlab, SVN, Share Point.
Test Engineer Senior Analyst, Calverton, Maryland
- Performed functional and automation testing for Confidential ’s web-based credentialing system for TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) and Pre-Check population
- Reviewed and analyzed the User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and identified the testing approach, requirement gaps, redundancies etc.
- Participated in the Backlog Grooming session and provided feedback on prioritizing the user stories and estimating story points.
- Participated in the Sprint Planning session and identified testing tasks, risks and dependencies for each user story
- Wrote test cases, test scripts and have them reviewed by Test and Dev team and uploaded the final version to Jazz (IBM) tool.
- Executed the test scripts in Jazz (IBM) during testing cycle, documented the defects and worked with developers until the issue is resolved.
- Tested the application in different environments DEV, SIT, STAGE and Production.
- Performed End to End testing: Submitted the applicant’s data (enrollment file) to UES through SoapUI, verify the enrollment is successfully completed in SOA (Oracle middleware), then find the applicant in Siebel UI and verify that vetting results are returned from all different vetting agencies.
- Performed Data Validation: Created and run SQL queries to retrieve data from database using SQL Developer and then verify the data in Siebel UI
- Participated in the Demo session for both mission and enabler stories and presented how the particular functionality of the application met the Acceptance Criteria.
- Identified test cases and created Regression Suite for automation testing
- Developed and maintained automation scripts for regression testing using Selenium, Java, Eclipse, Jenkins, GitLab, Cucumber, JUnit framework, debugged and enhanced the scripts, run scripts, created test results report etc.
- Used different locator techniques ID, name, Class Name, Link Text, Xpath, CSS selector etc to identify the web elements.
- Testing Microservices via Swagger to verify the data as expected.
- Tested system security from different user access levels.
- Reported found issues and tracked them in the Jazz (IBM).
- Coordinated and communicated with different internal and external team members, business analysts, product managers, product owners etc.
- Participated in the weekly Test Coordination Meeting, provided testing status, discussed issues and impediments etc.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Implement quality software best practices to develop test data, test case, user acceptance testing and test automation to actively participate in process improvements.
- Implement automated test suite to increase the automation coverage for regression test cycle.
- Implement robust Hybrid Pattern based framework with Selenium Webdriver, Page Object Model using Object Oriented Programming Java and open source unit test framework TestNG that increase the code maintainability.
- Built robust test frameworks like Page Object Model independently and integrated within a continuous integration stack using tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Follow Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective.
- Have done in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and End-to-End Testing.
- Ran parallel and cross browser testing using selenium grid.
- Deploy new fixes in github and build is kicked off in Jenkins.
- Generated automation report using log4j
- Tracked the Defects and generating reports using JIRA
- Testing Restful Web Service with Rest Assured & open source tool like Postman plug-in to verify the data as expected.
- Created detailed periodic status reports for senior management to keep them posted on the progress of implementation.
- Coordinating with Onsite-Offshore teams to keep an effective flow of the project.
- Attending Sprint plan and Sprint Review meetings, daily standup meeting.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Build Automated Test scripts to increase the automation coverage for the regression test cycles.
- Develop and implement robust Behavioral Driven framework using Cucumber JVM and Gherkin language, Selenium Page Object Model framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programming Java and open source unit test framework Junit that cut down the script development time in half.
- Worked an automation framework in Java and Selenium (WebDriver) that features comprehensive test results, parallel execution of tests and back-end testing.
- Implemented an automated deployment process using Git that we use for deployments to our staging and QA environments
- Integrated our automation executions with our CI process (Jenkins) so our scripts are executed each time a build is kicked off
- Worked in Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective
- Created Test Plans and Test Strategy, which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Implemented Sauce labs for cross browser and cross platform web testing
- Responsible for ensuring the conceptual integrity of the system, ensuring that the product and product architecture meet or exceed the technical requirements defined.
- Track bugs and enhancement requests as they are entered into bug tracking systems.
- Participate in project development meetings to provide guidance on quality and quality testing issues from project creation to completion.
- Work with business analyst to assure that the documentation is consistent with the software functionality.
- Interact with the project team members to ensure all documentation and quality procedures are completed as per our internal processes and procedures.
- Built a test management, results viewer and asset portal in Java using TestNG that allows users to design and manage their manual and automated tests and easily view results from executions and overall progress
Confidential, McLean, VA
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Translated software specifications and user requirements into test scenarios.
- Planned, designed, executed test plans and test cases for automated test and manual test to support maintenance releases for multiple web-based applications.
- Prepared test plans, test strategy documents and test estimations for various releases.
- Developed a communication plan with client and project team in reporting testing progress, issues and defects.
- Created traceability matrix and mapped requirements to Test Cases.
- Defined and created automated test scripts in conjunction with development resources.
- Wrote automation test plans and prepared the automation test matrix for each regression cycle.
- Performed application, Smoke, regression, and acceptance testing in different server.
- Analyzed Technical specification, Business Requirements and Database Schema to develop test cases.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs with users to better understand requirements
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database.
- Created SQL scripts to test the stored procedures by sending different sets of input parameters.
- Involved with Web Application Development and Testing using Automation tools like QTP.
- Worked with excel macros by running it from QTP and importing the results to QTP.
- Used Checkpoints and Custom Checkpoints, Data Driven, and Regular Expression in QTP.
- Executed regression and data driven testing on the system using QTP.
- Developed integration and System test cases using Quality Center.