- Over 9+ years of experience in Information Technology in Quality Assurance, SDET/Automation, Test engineer/Quality, Manual & Automated Testing of Client/Server and WEB based applications. Extensive experience with Software Quality Assurance Testing on GUI based Client - Server & Web Based applications, ETL, Web Services, Data Driven Applications, Data Warehousing projects using Manual and Automated testing procedures.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model and Waterfall.
- Fully utilized SDLC processes including requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, quality assurance and maintenance. Conducted numerous JAD sessions with Business users, developer, CQA and SMEs.
- Conducted JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to obtain domain level information, interviewing and asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed an understood by both business and technical team.
- Created/Delivered various Agile training at team and program level to promote Agile and end to end Agile transformation Facilitated Scrum ceremonies; Iteration planning, Daily scrum, Iteration review, Iteration retrospective.
- Creates multiple analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Experience in working with Test Driven development (TDD/BDD) by writing Gherkins language in cucumber tool.
- Expertise in both manual and automation testing of Web services.
- Designed and developed Automation Frameworks like Keyword Driven, Hybrid driven and BDD
- Developed Scenarios, Features and Step definitions using Cucumber and developed a BDD framework.
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through automated testing tools like Selenium and cucumber along with Manual testing
- Well versed with Quick Test professional (QTP) to support test automation using potential features like Data Driven Tests, Check points, regular expressions and functions.
- Worked on front end web application development that involved HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS.
- Experience in developing in Core java programming using OOPS concepts.
- Experienced in Testing and consuming SOAP and REST Web services. Experience in working with SOAP UI and Ready API.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT Test Suites, Creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the selenese scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT.
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and Good Experience in JQuery, Java script
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Sub Version, GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN.
- Worked very closely with the Devops team in Agile methodology for deploying and building the Automation Scripts in Continuous integration
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and hands on experience in creating task for sprint in Rally and attended Sprint Planning, Scrums, Sprint Review meetings.
- Experience in working with Test Management/Bug Tracking tools like HPALM/Quality Center/Rally/JIRA, to track test execution progress and prioritize bug fixes.
- Good knowledge on designing and executing Automated Tests for Data Driven Testing.
- Executed automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing Appium (Mobile automation testing).
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Extensive experience on SOAP and REST web services testing.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Expertise in Functional, Integration and System testing (software testing).
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, for databases like Oracle, SQL server on UNIX as well as Windows platforms.
- Proficient in executing test scripts both manually and using Quality Center.
- Proficient performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Experience in defect tracking system and bug life cycle using Rally, Jira, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers - IE 6.0, 7.0, Firefox, Safari 3x.
- Experienced in facilitating User Acceptance Testing.
Project Methodologies: RUP, Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM), V-model
Testing tools: Selenium IDE/GRID/WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, TAW, ROBOT, Cucumber, Citrus
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, and JIRA.
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, JAVA, PL/SQL and .Net
Database: Oracle 9i/10/11, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Sublime Text, WebStorm, EclipseIDE3.6, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Text Pad, Notepad++, Firebug, IntelliJ Idea.
Frameworks: TDD, BDD, Key-Word Driven, POM
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and UNIX, Android, IOS
Quality Management: DevTrack, Bugzilla, Jira, Quick Test Professional
Build/CI tools: Ant, Maven and Jenkins, Workday
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Worked in Developing Framework from Scratch and deployed in Nexus.
- Designed Framework Using Selenium, Appium, WebServices. Which is compatible for Testing Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Mainframe Applications, Data Base Testing and Web Services Testing.
- Efficient management of JIRA for bug tracking and Confluence for design documents.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (Web Driver) & created Behavior Driven Framework using Cucumber and Junit.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests
- Testing REST API using Apache HTTP Client, JXL, Cucumber, Junit, Log4j, GSON, JAXB Parsers
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed execution and logging defect in Quality Center and Verification of defects for System Testing
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing, ATU releases.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Experience in Cross browser testing using perfecto from Scratch.
- Took part in setting up application with bamboo and is involved in builds and deployments on Tomcat server.
- Providing support and guidance for production and implementation issues.
- Implemented a CI framework using Bamboo, Maven, Nexus in Linux Environment, Using Bamboo code Deploy
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of CI/CD system to build and test deploy
- Development and Execution of SQL queries to check the database and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Using SQL and WebServices to Get Dynamic data for the Test Data, Validated data in Data Base.
- Carried out testing, to check whether the application is functioning as per the use case and functional specifications.
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
- Developed Automotive Performance Framework for QNX and Linux Auto telematics project.
- Enhanced Python based Concurrency Framework that runs different tests in threads with randomizing option.
- Worked on and extensively used Automated Test Environment tool that sends test commands to DUT and collects logs after the execution. This was extensively used for driver level tests on device that are invoked externally through USB and/or UART.
- Worked on Linux and UEFI charging frameworks that test battery drain and charge cycles on devices.
- Developed continuous automation suites in Perl and Python that perform tests nightly on software.
- Triaging and debugging automation issues reported on sanity tests.
- Performed Root Cause Identification on external reported issues. Included them into automation suite.
- Fully automated manual and semi-automatic tests using shell scripts.
- Executed tests that call APIs explicitly validating outputs and outcomes at unit level.
- Interacted with development team to identify unused public APIs that can be made internal.
- Developed Stress and Stability tests which include repeated function calls with varying parameters.
- Added performance tests that list Key Performance Indicators such as Latency and Throughput.
- Worked on testing PMIC software on Confidential Chipsets.
- Implicit internal driver validation using high-level use case on Android and QNX mobile platforms.
- Adversarial testing to ensure software handles unexpected inputs and does graceful handling.
- Performed Build Validation Tests on developer’s software before mainline check-in.
- Module based work split is done across team members avoiding redundancy.
- Held weekly sync up meetings for tracking and fortnight sync ups with off shore teams.
- Aligned test/run completion to release goals.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Development Team, Business Analysts, and End-Users for better quality testing. Worked closely with business team to understand the Requirement Document in creating Test Plan.
- Wrote Automation test scripts using Java implementing Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using JAVA and TestNG.
- Performed Functional, regression, System Integration and User Acceptance Testing for the various applications.
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, Iteration Planning, Release planning, Retrospective meetings and removing obstacles to progress.
- Worked with necessary Banking systems such as Rumba, RCIF, Web ammo.
- Used Java for writing code in TestNG.
- Experience in working with Test Management/Bug Tracking tools like HPALM/Quality Center/Rally/JIRA, to track test execution progress and prioritize bug fixes. Extensively used Selenium to test the web application.
- Worked on test automation execution on different environments as part of Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins.
- Worked on Web Services (SOAP and Restful) using SOAP UI and validated the JSON Messages.
- Tested request and response web services using SOAP UI and performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, xPath and for content.
- Designed and Executed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test cases by analyzing Functional, Performance and User Interface requirements of a large-scale business solution.
- Designed business applications using web technologies like HTML4/5, XHTML, and CSS2/3 based on the W3C standards.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and sending the automation reports over mail.
- Worked as Software Engineer for Testing Client-Server Billing Framework for OSS/BSS.
- Developed page layouts, navigation and icons. Applied industry best practices and standards when project requirements were lagging.
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts as per functional, Business requirements and developed the Test Procedures and Test Cases using Software specifications document.
- Used Bit bucket repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Implemented Jasmine as a testing framework with WebDriverJS in Protractor.
- Extensively used SQL query statements to verify the data integrity and validation between the front-end values with the backend database values of the application.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, Integration Testing, User acceptance testing, Database testing and Regression testing.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for Manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Experience developing a Comprehensive Test Strategy inclusive of all testing activities.
- Updating status report daily basis and weekly basis by conducting meetings with QA team.
- Used HP ALM for managing the stories and creating defects for the iteration.
- Updated QC with test results and appropriate evidence.
- Conducted system testing for applications to ensure requirements were met and defects were managed.
- Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and X Path in Selenium.
- Used Excel to prepare Test cases and Data Validation and upload it in IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
- Performed Mobile Testing and Automated Mobile Simulator using QTP 11.0.
- Implement complete QA cycle for agile projects at all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
- Help performance tune and optimize distributed systems, operating systems, networks, and applications
- Identify improvements, develop platform/infrastructure services and automate, automate, automate
- Work closely with both development and other operations teams and demonstrate a commitment to their success
- Orchestrate deployment of application & infrastructure clusters within a Public Cloud environment utilizing a Cloud Management Platform
- Participate in team wide Change Management process as both implementer and verifier ensuring changes are completed efficiently and correctly
- Work closely with the global leads to deliver strategic goals
- Used Bit bucket repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Developed Test Cases using WSDL, Schema files which defines Web Service Request, Response, and methods/operations, End Point of web service to be tested.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Worked in Data Validation and Manual Testing to fix the bugs in code.
- Developed the Testing documents - User Test Plan, User Test Case Specifications document & Test Results Summary Document.
- Built Angular JS framework including MVC architectures, different modules, specific controllers, templates, custom directives and custom filters.
- Converted data from database into JSON or XML format files and retrieve useful information using AJAX calls to display them on the browser.
- Involved in writing application level code to interact with APIs, RESTFUL Web Services using AJAX, JSON. Followed agile development methodology and scrum for the project.
- Created REST full web services to interact with UI. Used Dependency Injection feature of Spring MVC framework.
- Responsible for providing knowledge transfer on the Project to the offshore team..
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked in AGILE Methodology and involved in the project discussions.
- Worked with Business analysts and developers in requirement analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for different applications developed in scrum agile environment.
- Involved in Agile (Scrum Process) methodology based Project Planning, Test planning and Coordinating on all SDLC phases.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium Web Driver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to execute test cases in parallel on different target machines.
- Used Selenium Webdriver APIs for writing TestNG test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Designed & developed data driven framework using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Web Driver and Jenkins.
- Involved in automation requirements & design automation framework, scripts in Selenium Webdriver, integration with Jenkins/CI, code reviews, and scripts execution thru Grid (hub/nodes) on remote clients.
- Extensively used SOAPUI for web application load testing to integrate load generation from the cloud into testing campaigns and methodologies web service testing.
- Testing REST API using Apache HTTP Client, JXL, TestNG, Log4j, GSON, JAXB Parsers
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Involved in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Analyzed and log Test defects in Quality Center and coordinate resolution of defects and providing excellent documentation and Reports.
- Wrote SQL Query to extract data from various database tables for testing purpose.
- Participated in project meetings, release meetings, QA status meetings and Go-No-Go meeting.
Confidential, Cranston, RI
QA Test Engineer
- Overall QA and release activity of an internal Web Content Management application for management of websites.
- Develop and execute application software testing such as functional, integration, and regression testing to ensure the quality of WSI websites and related systems.
- Used Java Script to code the test cases in Selenium tool and also process strong knowledge on the same
- Updated and maintained regression suite in Quality Center while creating and updating Automated Regression Suite using QTP.
- Run loads and integrations into Workday including building EIB spreadsheets and loading planning results from PeopleFluent for promotions via Job Change, salary increases via Compensation Change, lump sum awards via One Time Payment, and MIP awards via Bonus Payment, etc and building EIB spreadsheets and loading Grade Profiles from ePrism, and loading new Job Profiles
- Co-authored Rational Quality Manager RQM 4.0 configuration file design and responsible for importing over 1000 test cases and test scripts into RQM tool for formal testing.
- Developed, executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.
- Developed Selenium test scripts using Java.
- Performed Automated UI, regression, acceptance and priority1 functional tests of the windows application using Java scripting.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Java and VB Script.
- Implemented and executed the test process using Agile Methodology with daily stand ups.
- Experienced knowledge of SQL and RDBMS database query tools like Oracle SQL Developer, to perform data validations for Backend testing.
- Involved in mobile testing using APPIUM in both IOS and Android applications.
- Identifying objects of App using Appium Inspector tool for IOS and UI automat or viewer for android-based devices.
- Worked on WSDL, XSD, Schema, DTD, and XML documents for Web Services Testing.
- Developed test scripts to test the Mobile applications with Appium WebDriver and TestNG using Java.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and X Path in Selenium
- Documented software bugs and wrote test reports by using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI).
- Performed continuous integration (CI) of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Used UNIX to check the log files and the memory status and other functionalities.
- Implemented the editor component with spell-check using AJAX, JSON.
- Integrated jQuery Grid View for all Data View for the product.
- Involved in designing and developing the JSON, XML Objects with MySQL.
- Used Ajax, JSON to send request to the server to check the functionality of the websites.
- Testing the website on multiple browsers with their old as well as latest release.
- Used Keyword driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Lead the local and remote QA team in Coordinating QA activities and procedures.
- Created test cases scripts and plans to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Defined and tracked quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status using QC defect tracking system.
- Designed and automated the Web Content Management application using Selenium RC and Selenium IDE.
- Maintained the Selenium scripts for automation.
- Involved in Web Services Automation Testing.
- Performed Integration testing and End to End testing of the entire application.
- Participated in quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and Agile methodologies are being followed.
- Checked for Data integrity while migrating Spectra data into XML.
- Acted as an internal quality consultant to advice or influence business or technical partners.
Environment: Selenium RC and Selenium IDE, jira,Windows & UNIX, Mac OS, workday QC bug tracking system, MySQL, Subversion.
Product Test Engineer
- Worked with Business Analysts and Developers for requirements review and developing Test Scenarios and being involved effectively in the Software development life cycle (SDLC) from analyzing through testing.
- Designed Test Plan for testing life cycle of application using HP Quality Center (QC)
- Developed System Test Cases and procedures to test various application points such as web application and database application
- Involved in creating a Manual Test Cases and grouped into test cycles and generated reports in HP ALM.
- Involved in performing Smoke, Functional, System and Regression and backend Testing.
- Created Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with JUnit/TestNG as automation framework.
- Performed Unit Testing of java-based application using Selenium.
- Performed GUI testing and Cross Browser compatibility testing.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed Hybrid framework with Selenium using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG using Java.
- Used GitHub to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases in parallel on different target machines.
- Performed Performance and Load Testing using JMeter to analyze and measure the non-functional aspects of the software
- Wrote SQL Queries to extract data from various database tables for testing purpose validated the data from its source to destination points using Informatica Power enter and SQLServer Management Studio
- Identified and documented defects using HP QC to track and follow up on bugs.
- Participated in project meetings, release meetings, QA status meetings and Go-No-Go meeting.
Environment: JAVA, JUNIT, Java Script, Selenium Webdriver, TESTNG, GitHub, Eclipse IDE, Firebug, HP Quality Center, Grid and SQL Server.