- I am a passionate software quality professional and certified Agile Scrum Master.
- I have solid experience implementing and supporting the Agile software quality process as a Scrum Master and in Quality Assurance, using risk focused, repeatable, automation supported, flexible strategies and industry best practices.
- I have experience working in and facilitating Agile teams, as well as building cross functional Agile teams.
- I am reliable, process and detail oriented, flexible, diligent, and accountable.
- I believe in mentoring, and in cohesive team building supported by a foundation of ownership and accountability.
Tools: Visual Studio, SpecFlow, Express Lane, Team City, MS Office products, shell scripting, numerous bug tracking tools, including Jira, and AgileCraft
Platforms: SaaS, UNIX/Linux, Windows, Apple, Android and iOS Mobile devices (responsive and adaptive web applications)
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL
Misc: Certified Agile Scrum Master, SAFe Agile Scrum Master, ISO 9000/1, Total Quality Management, Successful Team Building, Productivity Management, Developing and Administering Budgets, Quality Customer Service Delivery, and Community Mediation and Problem Resolution
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Senior/Lead QA Analyst & Agile Scrum Master
- Participate in architectural, technical design, and product design discussions, and provide input as appropriate in a pure SaaS environment that integrates with other technology platforms.
- Analyze product feature stories and client defects to determine relevant testable scenarios using BDD.
- Ensure that User Stories and test scenarios fully exercise every aspect of the product feature.
- Lead test planning and provide high - level project estimates for new feature work that is released into production and toggled on when production ready.
- Create reusable and automated test documentation.
- Execute test scenarios, automated and manual.
- Assist in the development of automated test software using Visual Studio (C#) and SpecFlow.
- Find and appropriately document defects, as well as validate fixes. Maintain numerous QA environments, using daily builds and the promotion of ExpressLane Services (Team City).
- Develop, maintain, and share knowledge and understanding of products, from both a business and technical perspective.
- Provide mentorship to junior-level QA Analysts. Independently prioritize workload to execute multiple assignments.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, and escalate issues appropriately.
- Partner with development engineers, product owner, project management, and other team members as appropriate.
- Facilitate SAFe Agile ceremonies, remove obstacles, help prepare for PI Planning, provide guidance for Agile methodologies.
- Collect and maintain team metrics for use in planning increments and sprint planning, and facilitate process improvements.
- Mentor new team members in Agile, and SAFe Agile practices
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Lead QA Engineer
- Drive the full QA lifecycle from gathering requirements to post-release reviews.
- Drive the development of a formal testing framework, implement, and manage test strategies, test plans, procedures, and cases.
- Provide technical leadership in testing methodologies and QA/QC best practices.
- Introduce improvements to streamline QA processes and procedures.
- Manage QA Lab scheduling and configuration management for in-house and remote labs.
- Supervise the development of an in-house automated testing framework.
- Prepare Quality Plans, Test Reports, internal and external facing Release and Patch Notes.
- Manage daily and weekly team meetings. Supervise Confidential meetings.
- Participate in Lead Status Meetings, reporting progress, needs, and issues directly to the Director of Development.
- Perform hands-on, manual black box testing of video processing and decoding engine, database, and three integrated web based client applications (Java Script, Ajax, etc.).
- Verify bug fixes and approve for release to customers.
- Work with Technical Support on collecting data, and recording and recreating customer issues for escalation to the development team.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Technical communications lead for four commercial database products and two open-source build/packaging products.
- Responsible for analysis of communication requirements to determine the documentation deliverables, identify and schedule resources, and manage documentation processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Produced technical documentation, including user guides, online help, and release notes.
- Managed large documentation, process improvement projects, and major content review and revision projects.
- Evaluated, scheduled, managed and carried-out the conversion of MS Word based Confidential file deliverables into Online Help file deliverables using Flare.
- Initiated and performed conversion of documentation to topic based structure with a minimalist approach.
- Documented three new products from alpha candidacy, beginning with the research and development through testing, and content refinement and final delivery.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsibilities included development of master test plans, scheduling resources to meet test and release schedules, compiling and reporting test progress/results, participating in process review meetings and representing team at Confidential meetings.
- Responsibilities also included the design, implementation, configuration management, and resource allocation of test environments.
- Testing responsibilities included development, maintenance, execution of manual and automated test cases and suites, and the review of user documentation.
- Implemented standardized QA processes/methodologies, implemented documentation procedures, defect tracking systems, and bug write-up procedures and workflow.
- Develop documentation to support the standardization of policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Constructed test plan and test script libraries.
- Created a mechanism for compiling, reporting and archiving test results and test analysis data.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Mgr., Software Quality Assurance Engineering
- Software QA (SQA) team lead for a team of eight test engineers working on a proprietary Java based network performance measurement tool, supported on a proprietary software, and hardware platform.
- Built the SQA team, managed personnel and testing resources.
- Compiled test results, and weekly status and product updates.
- Implemented build acceptance testing and developed product release test suites.
- Responsible for scheduling and configuration management of the SQA test environment.
- Worked with operations and marketing on Beta and End User Acceptance testing, as well as client defect reporting and feature requests.
- Implemented and built a Standards & Procedures library, and constructed a test plan, test case, and test script library.