- 8 years of Professional experience as QA/BA in creating and designing Master Test Strategy Documents, Master Test Plan, Test schedules, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scenarios of software/Hardware.
- Experienced with both Client Server environment and Web Technologies.
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles and leading the testing team.
- Quality Assurance expertise includes full life cycle testing experience including Functional, Smoke, User Interface, Regression, User Acceptance, Integration and Data base testing, Hardware testing.
- Proficient in writing Test Scenarios, Test Cases - Functional and Integration test cases, Reviewing test cases and Estimating test cases execution.
- Good Proficiency in quick understanding of Business Requirements and Preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Extensive Hands on experience managing defect life cycle using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in overall Defect Management/Problem solving including tracking bugs and reporting using ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in writing both T-SQL and PL/SQL quires for Back-end testing.
- Responsible for testing the product using SQL Queries/ UNIX command for the DB check and server startup/new builds.
- Expertise in setup Test environment for automation and database.
- Experienced in writing automation test scripts inside QTP/UFT environment using VB script.
- Experienced in using Checkpoints, Descriptive programming and Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP/UFT to perform functional and regression testing.
- Experienced in creating Architecture design and Framework for automation suite, which involves Data, library and Core classes using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in working both of UNIX & Linux environment to analyze log file & to monitor process.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Good experience in Software Application Development Projects that follow the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and best practices.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to work in a team environment with tight schedules and capable of working efficiently under pressure, manage multiple project and cross train sub-ordinates in other Functional areas.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
BA/ QA Analyst
- Developed and maintained Test Plans from project documentations. Analyzed BRD and TRD to verify software development against application requirements and updated Test Cases.
- Interacted with Developers and Functional team to discuss the design and Testing Scenarios of the applications.
- Executed Test Cases in HP ALM, Mapped Test Cases to Requirements using Requirements Coverage and Maintained Test Cases, reports in Quality Center.
- Logged & reported Defects in HP ALM and managed through to resolution by working closely with appropriate development and business resources in Agile environment.
- Executed Test Cases/Scenarios across numerous project platforms in integrated Test Environment with Test Data provided by DBAs and other team members.
- Generated & evaluated Test Results from HP ALM and UFT Test Run window and kept teams, upper management and Development Team in the loop.
- Executed and maintained Keyword Driven Framework to automate regression test Scripts through UFT.
- Developed Master startup scripts by using Function Library, Reusable Actions and Copy Actions and performed Regression Testing for major releases of the application by using UFT.
- Executed test suits for Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and System Testing, using UFT.
- Extensively tested Graphical User Interface (GUI) Components.
- Recorded Defects encountered in Test execution and communicated the same to the concerned team members for resolution.
Environment: ALM, UFT, JIRA, SOAP UI, HTML, Oracle, SQL, MS Office, Windows and UNIX.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
BA/ QA Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Documents and Use Cases.
- Developed and maintained Test Plan, Test scripts, Test Conditions, Test Data and Expected results.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements for application and Hardware .
- Performed different kinds of testing like Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Usability, System, Back-End and User Acceptance Testing of applications and Hardware .
- Tested various Hardware related Confidential &T’s land line products, VOIP products, PABX for their functionalities.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes in HP Quality Center.
- Developed and maintained Manual and Automation test scripts through HP Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Quires of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using QTP.
- Worked with Regular Expressions in GUI maps to run the tests in System Test, Integration Test, and UAT using VB script in QTP.
- Performed functional testing using QTP, extensively used checkpoints for Object, Text, Table, and Pages.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing and Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
- Worked with team in remote offshore location daily basis to discuss any issues regarding projects.
- Involved in Coordinating with development team to create and review test specifications, test coverage, defect discovery and resolution.
Environment: QTP, Manual Testing, Quality Center, MS-Excel, Windows, web logic server, C #, SQL and Oracle.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Primary responsibilities were to develop a full set of useful and easily maintainable function libraries using QTP script.
- The libraries are used in conjunction with scripts in the creation of regression test sets that thoroughly exercise a trading application.
- Developed test-scripts that adhere to the established approach of creating scripts.
- Built and maintained a MS SQL server database used as a repository for all of the test cases.
- Ran and monitored tests. Analyzed issues encountered during test cycles and report product defects and/or inconsistencies.
- Built function libraries that will enable speedy and efficient creation of new code using QTP script.
- Automated new and existing test-plans.
- Reviewed and commented on the specification documents.
- Ran and monitored sets of regression tests used in the various cycles of a products release.
- Updated, maintained and executed regression test sets used in the product assurance process of a Web based application.
- Made updates to regression test-scripts to reflect changes in the functional requirements document.
- Automation of a file creation process that involves reading, gathering and formatting data from an excel spreadsheet.
- The files produced were used to implement the preliminary testing of a file parser.
- Developed fully automated scripts to establish a set of regression test cases.
- Managed test execution and reported from Quality Center.
- Modularized many of the applications most commonly used features for ease of script maintenance and development.
- Reported product defects during regression testing cycles.
- Created user accounts and assigned permissions to these. Provided guidance in troubleshooting to isolate and resolve complex problems related to system hardware, software and software applications.
- Configured and installed additional nodes as necessary.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, HTML, VB Script, Visio, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows.
Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, Visual Basic, VBScript, Shell scripting
Testing Tools: UFT/,QTP, ALM/Quality Center
Software Platforms: Windows and UNIX/Linux.