- Over 5 years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance techniques.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Expert in developing Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID test scripts in Java Test Frameworks using TestNG MAVEN build tools.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing TestNG test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Proficient in creating business based functional Test Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test Specifications and Traceability Matrix including both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Specialized in GUI and Functionality Testing, White Box testing, Black box Testing, System testing, including Integration, Performance, Stress, Load and Regression Testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Experience on working XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and latest features like Policies and Services.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center/ALM, JIRA.
- Skilled in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven as well as in testing XML parsers.
- Experience in Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle - SDLC), TDD, BDD and Agile Project Environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, TestNG, HP Quality Center/ALM, Cucumber, SOAP UI
Build Tools: Maven
Frameworks: TestNG, TDD, BDD
Firefox Addons: XPath, Firebug
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center/ALM
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Wrote automated testing Scripts in Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse IDE for functional testing.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used TestNG for testing framework. Implemented the script deployment in TestNG framework through command line and also integrated tests in Jenkins (Continuous Integration tool).
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Used XPath tags for validating UI Elements.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the WebServices (SOA) through SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Web driver and Jenkins.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven BDD approach like Cucumber. Parameterized test cases using different annotations.
- Validated web services using Groovy Scripts in Soap UI.
- Used GIT for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Used XPath tags for validating UI Elements.
- Defect logging and tracking using JIRA and updated the test defects status with results.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Groovy Scripts, SOAP UI, Agile, XPath, JIRA, SQL, XML, Oracle, Windows.
- Actively involved in writing test plans based on the functional requirements.
- Extensively worked with Quality Center to develop test cases, mapping requirements to test cases, executing test cases and documenting results.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Involved in Functional, System, Regression, Positive and Negative testing of the application.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Performed manual testing for user interface of the application under test (AUT).
- Participated in Walk Through, Requirement review meetings and Defect report meetings periodically.
- Performed database testing using SQL queries.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Centre, Windows, UNIX.
- Gathering the business requirements of the project form business analyst
- Preparing Test Scenarios required for testing
- Created and executed manual and functional test cases
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams during test preparation and execution
- Tracked, Managed and documented the performance of the application during UAT
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to access the main database
- Performed bug tracking and assigning defects to the application developers using Bugzilla