- Accomplished Senior QA Automation Engineer with 7 years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Writing Test Cases, Test Plans and Automation Test scripts using Selenium with Java, Cucumber, SoapUI, Postman, TestNG and Appium.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing of Client - Server, Web, Mobile, BDD, API.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile and waterfall environments.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Load testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, TestNG, Maven.
- Designed, implemented automation frameworks Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework, POM (Page Object Model) and Hybrid framework.
- Using Cucumber developed Test Scripts to implement Features, Scenarios, and Scenario Outlines for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Expertise in writing Selenium Manual Test Cases for B2B Web Applications.
- Extensive experience in developing automation test scripts using JAVA, selenium, maven, TestNG.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Maintained Selenium & JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN, GitHub, over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla etc.
- Good Knowledge in handling Alerts, Frames and Popups, Accessing Forms, tables, links, Keyboard and Mouse Events using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in Mobile Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps on Mobile and Tablet devices using APPIUM iOS/Android by using the emulators in Android Studio for Android Devices.
- Involved in daily meetings with the technical managers and development test leads.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts usingLog4j.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Collaborated with other QA engineers and developers. Adheres to quality assurance standards and continuously improves test processes.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium RC/Server, Selenium Grid, JUnit. Cucumber, SoapUI, SauceLabs, Appium, Appium Desktop, Postman, Rest Assured.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX.
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, BUGZILLA.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document (BRD), Change Requests (CR), Design and GUI Specifications in order to derive test plans, test data, test scenarios and test cases.
- Managed and updated the Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) to certify the coverage of the test cases.
- Assisted in planning, creation and controlling of the test environment.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG.
- Performed Web Services testing using SoapUI . Validated request and response XML, JSON . Added assertions to validate response for SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services. Tested Restful Services with Postman .
- Extensively worked in locating web elements using ID, Name, ClassName, CSS selector and XPATH.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Executed test cases relating to mouse hover using Actions class and found hidden elements using XPath and windows classes.
- Involved in testing alerts and pop-ups using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization of Web Application Automation using Implicit, Explicit Waits.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Involved in testing Deltas mobile app (SKY-Pro).
- Used Appium to perform Android and IOS Mobile Testing. Used Cloud, Real Devices and Virtual Devices to perform mobile testing.
- Performed mobile application compatibility on different browser versions (Firefox, and Chrome) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone).
- Tested the Mobile Applications under different networks and Internet speeds including on 3G,4G/LTE and Wi-Fi.
- Used AutoIt to for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Executed test cases and procedures by performing Integration Testing, E2E test cases, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Database Testing, Exploratory Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative testing.
- Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Jira.
- Involved in daily Defect Triage meetings with Project Managers and developers during System testing.
- Worked with team members to discuss test results and identifying areas for improvement.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, XML, HTML, Cucumber BDD, SoapUI, Postman, SauceLabs, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, log4j, Appium, Android, IOS, Oracle, Agile/Scrum.
Confidential, Birmingham, Alabama Area
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Build Jobs on Jenkins and scheduled the jobs.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver/Selenium GRID to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Maintaining all manual test scripts and other artifacts like test data, test results and defect reports using JIRA.
- Used Rally, JIRA for bug reporting and tasks and issue tracking.
- Involved in debugging of the existing automation script.
- Coordinating with other cross team to ensure the newly developed features function End-to-End.
Environment: MS Word, Excel, Windows10, UNIX, Java, Cucumber, Selenium GRID, Selenium WebDriver, Gradle, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse, Gherkin, SOAP, REST, Appium, Jenkins, TestNG, Junit, Agile(SCRUM).
Confidential, Greater Atlanta Area, Georgia
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the Test Cases.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application.
- Involved in the use of BDD and ATTD based Step Definition, Scenarios and Features in Gherkin language using Cucumber.
- Developed automated test cases for all manual tests cases provided.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, TestNG and Maven.
- Developing the test plan and test cases for the positive and negative scenarios keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence Classes coordinating with the customers upon solid analysis of the user stories.
- Working with utilities like Firebug and Firepath for the identification of web elements using locators such as id, name, XPath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text.
- Performed cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative testing for each build of the applications and Integration Testing with other programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Performing testing using SOAPUI on different data sources and validated the Restful web services.
- Did Java coding extensively for Data Driven framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium, Maven.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definitions using Cucumber and Gherkin using Junit and automated them using Selenium Web Driver.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Managed the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using JIRA.
- Developed SQL queries to test the data after executing transactions like upload processing and check Processing in batches.
Environment: XML, HTML, Java, SQL, Agile, Scrum, Windows XP/ 7/8, IE, FIREFOX, MS SQL Server, Bug Tracker, Spell Check Tool
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Test Director.
- Performed Automation Testing to check flow of the application.
- Used ANT operations and .bat files to run the test cases.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Identifying bugs and interacted with QA Lead and Developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, SQL, MS Excel, Quality Center, ANT.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Developed manual test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, Technical design documents, Use Cases, Supporting documents.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall methodologies
- Analyze and understand the software requirement specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
- Assist with Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Work as a Contractor for QA Team as a QA Engineer in an Agile Scrum environment with 2 weeks Sprint Cycle.
- Analyze application to find out effective selection of test case automation from manual test process.
- Use Selenium Web Driver for automating manual test cases especially for regression testing and reporting results.
- Perform Feature testing, Functional testing, System testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, and Regression Testing
- Perform automation testing including experience in a Software Design Engineer in Test role
- Hands on experience on writing test script in Eclipse Java environment using selenium web driver, JUnit, TestNG, Web Services, and XML Messaging.