Quality Assurance tester with over 10 years of experience. Performed tests on a large variety of platforms including Web Testing, Mobile Testing (Android & iOS), Enterprise Software & Video Game consoles. Proficient in performing Feature tests, Functional tests, System tests, Compatibility tests, Regression tests, Performance tests, Load tests, Stress tests and in leading large group tests. Very good at learning new technologies and skills as well as working with other QA testers, non - technical team members and non-team members alike.
Quality Assurance Consultant, Denver, CO
- Worked with clients to in corporate best QA practices into the development cycle.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Suites for clients and implemented Test Runs before software releases.
- Setup defect and ticket tracking software (Jira) to help increase transparency on current tasks.
- Managed all aspects of Jira, including Users, Projects, Workflows, Issue Types & Fields.
- Introduced standards for task creation to allow easier tracking and higher understanding of what was being worked on.
- Organized tasks into realistic release schedules to assist with productivity.
Quality Assurance Lead, Westminster, CO
- Prepared test plans and test cases for all projects developed by the studio.
- Tested proprietary hardware to ensure stability and usability of the product.
- Organized all test hardware for the office. Created a check-out/check-in system for all devices.
- Introduced Jira into use by the development team. Integrated standards for defect creation.
- Managed defect triage sessions to ensure all defects were properly organized and assigned.
- Collaborated with external office to assign new development tasks.
Test Integration Lead/Scrum Master, Denver, CO
- Integrated QA early into the development of new features to allow early feedback on design or implantation errors.
- Performed Feature test s, Functional test s, System test s, Compatibility test s, Regression tests, Performance test s, Load test s and S tress test s on iOS , Android devices and across various web browsers on PC and Mac platforms.
- Wrote, reviewed and updated test case s per requirements of newly added or changed functionality .
- Lead large group tests within the company to simulate real world scenarios.
- Reported, updated, tracked, verified bugs using Jira.
- Organized and maintained QA servers to properly control and distribute test environments.
- Trained new employees both in office and off-site to quickly bring them up to speed.
- Interacted directly with Support staff to quickly identify and fix client issues
- Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Coordinated regular scrum meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint and release planning sessions, retrospectives, demonstrations, and other project planning and issue resolution meetings as required.
- Wor ked with Product owner on the Product Backlog, Sprin t Backlog, Sprint Burndown, Release Burndown.
- Facilitat ed Scrum of Scrum with an offshore team in the Ukraine .
- Helped implement, adapt, maintain, and improve SCRUM process for the project team .
- Improved transparency on team progress through burn down charts, velocity reporting and release progress.
General Contractor, Lakewood, CO
- Moderated players in game to create a safe, fun environment by enforcing rules and keeping players engaged with in-world activities.
- Worked directly with Project Manager to create fun weekend events to help engage the users.
- Assisted with testing on various projects showing wide versatility and flexibility for assignments on an “as-needed” basis.
Quality Assurance Lead, Boulder, CO
- Specifically brought in to organize and refine QA process for the studio.
- Improved quality of defect output by implementing standards for defect reports, regression, ad hoc testing, and test cases.
- Organized and maintained defect database on JIRA which prevented duplicate defects, pre-mature closing of defects and ineffective defect reporting by other development team members.
- Managed Argentina-based QA team, drastically increasing their productivity through set goals.
- Monitored budget for Argentina QA team allowing the studio to receive maximum value for their work.
Quality Assurance Tester, Louisville, CO
- Incorporated testing practices that strengthened communication between development teams.
- Professionally maintained defect databases on Rally and TestTrack platforms improving ease of use by the entire development team.
- Successfully developed detailed Test Cases, Build Version Tests, and Smoke Tests that enhanced testing proficiency.
- Helped maintain server stability during development and playtests.
- Created incentive program for defect fixing which increased voluntary defect fixing.
- Effectively directed studio wide testing and external testing.
- Independently performed micro-transaction system testing to help ensure a stable, deployable MTX environment.
- Key contributor in effective SCRUM development practices
- Led weekly QA triage meetings to better assign and allocate defects for improved turnaround time on fixes.
Quality Assurance Tester, Aurora, CO
- Thoroughly examined pre-release software for errors, glitches and exploits.
- Professionally communicated with developers to increase efficiency in software testing.
- Quickly and effectively adapted to new projects and procedures.
- Demonstrated valuable independence while acknowledging when guidance was still needed.
- Followed planned test cases to ensure proper functionality of vital software components.
- Trained new employees to be observant, skillful, and adaptable to new projects and to be an asset to the company.
- Ran large regression tests which helped developers to close out defects and to keep their databases up-to-date.
- Learned and performed Confidential /Technical Certification Requirements/Technical Requirements Checklist to ensure the success of titles submitted for certification.
- Expertly stepped into a lead role managing teams of up to four other testers without prior lead training.