Results - driven Senior Test professional with more than 15 years of progressive experience in software quality assurance methodology and best practices with top companies in healthcare and financial industries. Hands-on experience in leading multiple complex test efforts for high visibility projects with aggressive deadlines and geographically dispersed teams.
- SDLC Quality Metrics and Reporting
- Test Process and Process Improvement Defect and Issue Management
- Test Strategy and Approach Test Schedule and Milestones
- Risk Management Coaching and Mentoring
Languages and Tools: SQL; HTML; Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project; UML; BugNET Issue Tracker; JIRA; Mercury Test Director; HP Quality Center; IBM Rational Quality Manager; Kanban; Confluence; HP ALM; Microsoft VSTS
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Enterprise Test Lead
- Managed all activities involved in test preparation and execution
- Created detailed Test Strategy and Schedule that were aligned with the overall project plan and timeline
- Worked with development, architecture and network teams to ensure the test environment and test data readiness for testing
- Created the real-world business scenarios that covered the entire employee life cycle from Recruiting and Onboarding to Retirement
- Guided the testers through creation of the detailed test cases in VSTS
- Managed test execution by the global team of 11 local and 3 offshore test professionals in UK.
- Led weekly defect triage meetings with testers and development team to manage issue prioritization and resolution
- Created Testing Dashboard that provided the project management and business stakeholders with timely and effective communication of the test execution progress, results and issues
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
Business Acceptance Testing Lead
- Worked closely with development teams and business stakeholders to ensure application quality and readiness for Production release
- Determined and implemented the BAT Strategies that defined the overall test approach, set clear expectations within the project teams and streamlined the entire BAT process
- Championed, defined and successfully implemented the process of early engagement of the end users in the SDLC. The benefits of this approach were the early identification of defects and significant reduction of the costs associated with rework in the later stages of the project
- Created real-life business scenarios that focused on users’ journey and included the normal flow and various edge cases
- Ran weekly defect triage meetings with the technical team to manage issue prioritization, resolution, and defect fix delivery schedule
- Designed the quality metrics that provided the project management and business stakeholders with timely and effective communication of the test execution progress, results and issues
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Project Test Lead
- Created Test Strategy that defined the scope and test objectives, testing methodology, key test criteria, test environment and test data requirements, issue, defect, and risk management, quality matrix and reporting
- Created detailed QA and UAT Test Schedules
- Brought client resources up to speed on sound testing practices
- Supervised UAT test scenario and test case development and execution
- Led weekly defect triage meetings.
- Ensured testing cycles are appropriately staffed with QA and UAT resources.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Lead
- Managed scheduling and test execution in a fast-moving two-week sprint Agile/Scrum framework
- Led a team of 10 business experts responsible for the claims flow testing and result validation
- Guided the testers through the business scenario and test case development and execution
- Ran weekly defect triage meetings with the technical team to manage issue prioritization, resolution, and defect fix delivery schedule. Proactively managed and escalated critical issues
- Analyzed the test data requirements and requested refreshes and updates to ensure the environment readiness for testing
Confidential, N. Quincy, MA
- Worked collaboratively with the System Integrator vendor to ensure the quality of the HIX software. Oversaw planning, execution, and reporting results of the following types of tests: Functional, Integration, Regression, Performance/Stress, Release Dry Run, and Post Release Validation.
- Oversaw and coordinated test execution and provided support to 3 additional independent vendors responsible for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Accessibility Testing, and Security/Vulnerability Testing.
- Served as a liaison to the project’s business owners - the Executive Office of Health and Human Services and the Connector Authority - so they understand the status, results, issues, and risks related to the work of the System Integrator and independent test vendors.
- Reviewed and provided feedback to deliverables produced by all vendors that related to quality such as Test Strategy and Plan, Test Report, Traceability Matrix, and Test Cases.
Confidential, Boston, MA
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Manager
- Designed and successfully implemented the framework for the User Acceptance Testing at BMCHP, a not-for-profit managed care organization serving members across Massachusetts.
- The framework covered the following topics
- UAT definition and goals Scope of testing Test Strategy UAT vs. QA
- Roles and responsibilities Risk management Test schedule Test management
- Reporting Defect management Production post-implementation validation
- Managed team of 23 end users. Provided testers with coaching and mentoring to develop their skill sets in UAT.
- Helped the UAT team members create business scenarios that cover the end- to- end business process and guided them through the test case development and execution.
- Led the test effort on the FACETS upgrade project
- Managed defect reporting and resolution.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Test and Release Coordinator (Manager)
- Created and distributed monthly Test and Test Related Activities Schedule document outlining the events, responsible parties, affected test environments, dependencies, and impact on testing.
- Created the Integration Test Strategy document that defined goals, in/out of scope test items, schedule, test approach, defect management, test data strategy, and risk and constraints.
- Proposed and implemented Defect Communication, Tracking, and Escalation process with the vendor.
- Led 2 weekly defect triage meetings with the testers, development team, and the vendor
- Conducted post-mortem Lessons Learned surveys.
- Conducted informational sessions on QA standards and best practices for the ACD analysts.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior Quality Assurance Lead
- Effectively managed QA team of 8 local and 3 offshore SQA professionals in India for concurrent multiple product releases.
- Successfully implemented over 60 new and enhanced applications and processes to production, 34 of which in year 2008 alone. All projects were delivered on time, within budget, and with no production defects.