An enthusiastic, goal oriented, flexible, self - motivated individual with good interpersonal and analytical skills, seeking a challenging position with growth opportunities as a Quality Engineer/ Analyst.
- Over 11 years of Quality Assurance and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in QA functional areas related to Financial, Retail, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical Banking, and Insurance, Logistics, Supply chain, B2B applications and inhouse applications.
- Proficient in both manual and Automation Testing with ability to manage the automation of entire testing cycles and leading the testing team.
- Expertise in executing SQL queries, validating the data checks from server and UI perspective. Worked with Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server databases.
- Motivated and industrious with sound business judgment and solid work ethics.
- Expertise in White Box testing, Black box testing and Regression testing, UAT.
- Experienced with HP ALM\QC - dashboard, requirements, test plans, test labs and defects modules.
- Used defect-tracking, Project management tool Atlassian JIRA, for raising issues, tracking the bugs and project management.
- Extensive experience in manual and automated testing using tools UFT.
- Experience working with a defect management system for defect reporting, tracking, validation and metrics.
- Followed up on UAT issues and re-test development fixes for UAT issues prior to deployment.
- Designed and executed test cases and plans Supply Chain Management applications.
- Excellent logical and analytical abilities for understanding and developing system workflows, computing and verifying Software Metrics and well suited for communicating with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Expertise in writing of Test Scenarios, Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like functional testing, GUI testing, unit testing, integration testing, backend testing, performance testing, load testing, stress testing, regression testing and bug tracking system on both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Expertise in interaction with users, programming team and network team to ensure quality of the product.
Operating System: Windows 7/8, Windows 95/98/2000/XP, UNIX (Solaris) & Linux
Testing tools: HP ALM 11.52, UFT 12.01, Quality Center 9.0/10.0 and QTP 9.5
Management Tool: Rational Clear Case & MS Office 2000, PVCS Version manager, SVN
Defect Tracking: Rational Clear Quest, Atlassian JIRA 4.4.5, Bugzilla & PVCS.
Programming languages: .Net, VBA, Java (J2EE), SQL, UNIX scripting
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/11i, DB2, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0
SQL Editors: SQL Developer. Toad, Sql plus
Web Tools: HTML, ASP 2.0/3.0, XML, XML Spy, JSP, Java Script, VB Script
Web Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Jakarta Tomcat 5.1 and IIS
Senior QA Analyst, Princeton, NJ
- Develop and execute test plans, develop test cases, test data, test scenarios, and other testing related documentation
- Effectively interpret Design/Requirements documentation and work with business and IT staff to create test plans/scripts
- Conduct meetings with Business and Development for requirements/implementation review.
- Performing backend testing using SQL queries in SQL Developer for data validation and verification.
- Performed Cross browser testing on different browsers like IE-8, Fire Fox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Trained and mentored other QA Engineers.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies including Epic Review, Product Backlog Grooming, Story Estimation, Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective.
- Accurately report and track testing related defects and issues, by writing effective and thorough bug reports, and verify bug fixes using JIRA.
- Coordinate UAT and other testing related tasks with Business and other IT departments
- Identify process and application issues and provide suggestions to improve
- Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like functionality testing, GUI testing, unit testing, integration testing and regression testing
- Created the Manual Test Cases, Test Sets and executing using ALM.
- Upload the test cases from excel to ALM.
- Provided the management with weekly QA documents like test metrics, reports, and schedules.
Environment: Windows 7, C#, .NET, Windows 8, C++, Oracle PL/SQL, ALM 11.52 (Quality Center), UFT 12.01, JIRA (6.1.7), SVN.
Senior QA Analyst, Newark, Delaware
- Involved in studying the application and collecting the information from developers and writing the test plans.
- Review Functional and Technical documents, BRD (Business requirement document) related to that particular process.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings as part of implementing the Agile testing methodology.
- Attended Test Scenario Meetings and also Post Implementation Meetings.
- Created Test cases in MS-Excel and deploying in quality center Test Plan and running test Scripts in Quality Center Test Lab.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed test scenarios and test cases, using Quality Center, for testing the functionality, security, and usability.
- Querying data from different database tables as per the requirement and executing the source queries from workflows.
- Extensively used SQL queries, sub queries to perform database testing to check the Data Integrity.
- Used Joins like Inner joins Outer joins while testing from multiple tables.
- Used Quality Center to create a database of manual and automated tests, build test cycles, run tests, report and track defects.
- Worked Extensively on UNIX Environment.
Environment: Windows 7, TSYS (C3), Quality Center 10.0, Oracle, UNIX, SQL Developer, TWS, UWARE.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Sr QA Analyst
- Attended design reviews, requirements sessions, core team meetings, and technical team meetings.
- Tested the back-end Data Base by preparing Queries with SQL to retrieve data from database.
- Involved in the User Acceptance testing.
- Create various reports for story, defect, and release information as required by project Management.
- Performed Black box testing, GUI Testing, Integration testing System testing, UAT testing and Regression testing.
- Used Quality Center to design and formulate the test plan, test cases, test procedures based on the requirement documents.
- Preparing Bug Report and measuring the product quality.
- Tested Web API and JSON format using tool Fiddler.
- Creating and executing test cases, validating application requirements.
- Analyzed patient claims on basis of some accumulators.
- Tested SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle Server to check the data.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM), Software Metrics, defect Report and Weekly Status Reports using Quality Center.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft Office, Quality Center 10.0, JIRA, MS-Access, VBA
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Worked on making sure the oracle forms-based application worked fine.
- Gathering requirements from the client for Equipment Intermodal, Vessel Operations, and Import Documentation.
- Involved in Testing and developing the software using Java, SQL.
- Performed System Testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression Testing. Functional Testing, Black Box testing
- Executing the SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle database and making Validations.
- To measure the software quality by the collecting and analyzing the Software Testing Metrics.
- Performed data integrity testing by executing SQL statements and Performed backend testing.
- Developed detailed test plans from use cases detailed specifications etc. develop test cases for System testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Review of manual methods to design, develop and executed using Quality Center.
- Automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, HTML, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, PVCS, TOAD, Windows XP, Web logic, Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.0