- 7+yrs of expertise in writing Test strategy, Test Plan Preparation and Implementation, Test Case Design, Test Tool usage, Test execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments
- Experience in understanding the code written in different programming languages Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Skill to adopt new methodologies, tools, technologies and domains depending on the job responsibilities.
- Worked on multiple projects, and Extensively involved in User acceptance testing (UAT), End to end, System Integration Testing(SIT), Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Cross - Browser testing.
- Experience in automation testing of native, web apps for IOS and Android devices using Selenium and Appium.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual testing.
- Experience in defect tracking and change management using HP ALM/QC and JIRA, LoadRunner.
- Expertise in performing the Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, for the apps on different platform like Android, Java.
- Involved in Data Driven/ page object model Framework using Selenium WebDriver/Maven/TestNG.
- Proficient in analyzing system requirements, use cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the applications to determine the appropriate level of testing required and creating Test plans/ Test Strategy and test cases based on requirements.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision also perform as part of a team.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web driver.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & GIT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision also perform as part of a team.
- Worked closely with Production Managers, Technical Managers and Business Managers in planning, scheduling, developing, and executing Testing deliverables.
- Involved in all phases of QA testing and software development efforts on multiple platforms.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Centre/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, QTP, Eclipse IDE, API, HP Load Runner, Manual Testing, Appium, JMeter, Cucumber.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Centre, JIRA, Bugzilla, Team Foundation Server.
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall, MS Visio.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, opera & Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP, UNIX and Mac.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Version Tools: GIT and SVN
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache POI
Testing Methodologies: Functionality Testing, Validation, Manual, Automated, Integration, Regression, Test Plan, Test Cases, API Testing.
Mobile Testing tools: Appium, Android SDK, IOS
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
QA Automation Tester
- Good experience in Test scripts, Test case preparation, test case execution, test scenarios, white box testing, test plan and test strategy. Coordinating multiple projects in different environments.
- Contributed my part in executing plans, executing Reports and summary Reports.
- Created and maintain test cases for Android, IOS Platforms and also performed Functional, Regression testing for web applications.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Involved in the Requirements gathering and having day to day meetings with business users.
- Involved in creating Test Scripts for each Test Case using Test Automation Tool Selenium/TestNG in eclipse using element locators Xpath and Test NG methods.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst for Requirements Study and develop SQL Scripts for end - end process validation.
- Identified, documented and reported bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for Company’s global user base.
- Analysed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Used Apache POI API to read the test data from the excel sheet.
- Create team specific Agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
- Used selenium web driver with TESTNG and frontend automated Testing and cross browser testing. In terms of backend Used Ready API.
- Develop and Execute the Web Service Tests, including REST Services, JSON Contract-based code.
- Used Appium for native, hybrid Mobile Application Testing for iOS and Android platforms.
- Worked within development teams with BDD approach to develop web UI tests using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL to retrieve the data from databases to perform data validations and comparisons for regression testing.
- Performed functional testing of Restful Web Services using REST Assured Tool Used Java/JUnit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/ CD automation system using Jenkins.
- Expertise in test coverage in mobile applications which includes object identification methods like native properties, image recognition, and text recognition, simulate device camera.
- Implemented Recovery Scenario to handle unexpected events or errors.
- Testing Android, iOS SDK’s and Wearable Computing Devices and Applications.
- Used various java APIs like Apache POI, Java Email as part of test automation.
- Experience in parsing XML and JSON based Web Services/APIs response.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Jira, Microsoft Windows, Protractor, Appium, JMeter, Jenkins, Cucumber, SQL, SOAP UI, Visual Basic Applications, Maven, TestNG, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, TDD, GIT.
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Test Analyst
- Developed and executed test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Involved in framework design and modifications of the project, user story analysis, identifying the requirement and accepting criteria gaps.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber and Eclipse.
- Built automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven (BDD) approach in Cucumber framework.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, using java Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used java Mine IDE and wrote Gherkins/scenarios and generated step definitions and methods using java/ Cucumber, for different functionalities of the above applications.
- Performed regression tests to validate the changes for different functionalities, found defects and reported them to development using Quality center.
- Worked in an agile environment, and involved in writing Test plans, Test cases, Feature testing, Bug verification and regression test.
- Contributed to the functional automation suite. Analyzed failed test runs and fixed the scripts.
- Used Q-trace to document manual test steps for automation.
- Developed scripts for Performing Data Base Automation using java module, sequel gem and data load validations using SQL Queries.
- Experience in Monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all the existing automated scripts and worked independently and managed own deliverables to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducted manual tests and automated regression testing to ensure that new code, functionality, or new releases have not introduced errors to existing functionality.
- Developed test cases according to Functional Design Document (FDD), created frame work for automating enterprise applications like performance, HR information systems and HR WEB self-services in different environments.
- Used JENKINS SERVERS to perform CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION (CI TOOLS).
- Executed automated test scripts, analyzed the results and reported bugs in Quality center (QC).
- Experienced in reading data from excel spread sheets, converting them to XML files and supplying the same to the automation scripts.
- Actively worked in agile environment and presented the updates to my managers every week on sprint retrospective, and sprint review meetings.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment in close association with Developers, requirements analysts (RAs) Automation and manual testers.
- Excellent Multi-tasking skills and prioritize effectively and Report timely and accurate status to management
Environment: Cucumber, java, FDD, Jenkins, QC, POM, selenium, SQL, GIT, XML, CD/CI tools.
Confidential, SFO, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans.
- Ensure to guide process and technology adoption to assure apt QA testing of User Interfaces application.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Using MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Exposure of Web Services Testing using Service Oriented Architecture Tools Postman, REST Groovy Scripting.
- Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) exclusively in an agile environment.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and cross Platforms.
- Performed UI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Performed Manual as well as Automated Testing using Testing Tool Selenium WebDriver, Appium.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and JUnit functions which reads data properly from XML files.
- Created Python based scripts for Selenium Web Driver with JUnit as automation frame work.
- Developed and Tested Various Reusable ETL Transformations which facilitate Daily, Weekly & Monthly Loading of Data.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Developed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process by using WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Python, JIRA, TestNG, Junit, Jenkins, Appium, Post-man, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, REST Assured, XML, HTML.
QA Manual Tester
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements.
- Involved in using Quality Center for managing the defect. Performed manual Back-End testing by writing SQL Queries for validating user information in the tables.
- Performed Functionality Testing and Integration testing using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Determined test approaches for various testing strategies like Functional, System, Regression, Usability testing, Alpha, Beta testing.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries to fetch test data from RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UIPRO web services testing tool.
- Restful web service testing using JMeter.
- Designing and executing the automation scripts using Squish. Run the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Experience in manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP/UFT, Quality Center, Performance Center and Developed, executed Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Executed positive and negative scenarios.
- Performed Manual testing, Mobile Testing and Black box testing methods -Functional, Integration, System and Acceptance.
- Functional, regression and integration testing of a work management, web-based SaaS application.
- Performed key role in identifying and tracking defects using HP Quality Center and analyzing progress and traceability matrix.
- Performed Manual Testing of this Web application and automated it by using QTP/UFT.
- Participated in various meetings, discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Used QTP Checkpoints and Regular Expressions for checking web pages, images, texts, and tables.
Environment: QTP/UFT, SQL, IOS, Android, Quality Centre/ALM, SOA, Business Objects, TestNG, SoapUI, SQL Server, HTML, XML, Java Script, Windows XP, SVN.
- Developing test cases and prioritize testing activities.
- Executing all the test case and report defects, defining severity and priority for each defect.
- Designing test cases and test plans. Creating test scenarios/ Checking / Reviewing the test cases (TC) and testing checklists for all sections of the web application.
- Generating daily status reports, maintained requirement traceability matrices in Agile methodology environment.
- Working in QA and Production environment, set-up the testing environments, preparing test data for test documentation.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Reviewing and updating existing test cases to reflect changes in the requirements.
- Directly Interacting with Project Management Team, Developers, Business Analysts and clients for test requirements clarifications.
- Interacting with developers, system engineers, and testing team members to clarify reported issues and determine the root cause.
- Performing Functional positive/negative Testing, Smoke and Regression Testing, Integration and End- to-end testing.
- Verifying and fixing bugs and providing feedback / statistics on weekly Scrum meetings.
- Using Jira as a project management and bug tracking tool.
- Maintaining defects in Quality center & JIRA (Few Modules)
- Carrying out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects. Preparation of various Test documents such as Test Log, traceability Matrix, Defect log etc.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jira, Firebug, XPATH, Java, SQL, Oracle, QTP.