- 7+ years of experience as an ETL Tester & Software Quality Analyst with experience in Healthcare, Banking and Retail domain
- Proficient in performing ETL, BI, backend manual testing.
- Adept in writing SQL scripts required for testing various ETL and backend processes
- Worked with Initial and Incremental load testing within ETL Testing.
- Worked on UNIX platform heavily
- Worked in all phases of STLC and can prepare all kinds of documents and reports
- Thorough Knowledge in Web Services testing using SOAP UI
- Experience in working Agile Scrum environment
- Experience in understanding the business & technology of the client system AND providing them with quality deliverables
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents and Technical Specification Documents
- Creation of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Requirements and Specifications
- Expertise in QA project scoping, estimation, Defect tracking and reporting skills
- Worked in manual testing with an edge in end to end manual testing
- Familiar in using different defect tracking tools such as JIRA & HP Quality Center /ALM
- Experience in validating source data coming from various database using SQL queries
- Experienced in Black Box, Integration, Regression, Functional and Front - End testing
- Experience in Testing applications on UNIX environment
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and efficient to handle multiple tasks easily
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Interpersonal skills
ETL/DW QA Tester
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Involved in reviewing/analyzing Business Requirement Documents/Functional specifications/use cases.
- Worked in an agile technology.
- Involved in testing the Micro strategy reports by writing complex SQL queries
- Worked on Informatica DVO tool for Regression Testing.
- Involved in the error checking and testing of the ETL procedures and programs Informatica session log.
- Involved in the design of web application using HTML, DHTML, Cascading style Sheets Java script and ASP.
- Prepared Entry and Exit criteria for Testing cycles, review with functional leads and PMO.
- Executed the Test cases for Micro Strategy.
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting
- Worked exclusively with Integration Test Team for E-Commerce unit's integration testing.
- Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised.
- Validated the data thru various stages of data movement from staging to Data Mart to Data Warehouse tables.
- Responsible for documentation of test results, test matrix, and participated in daily/weekly QA meetings.
- Used Quality Center for logging the defects.
- Tested the Dashboard reports using Cognos Report Studio and Metric Studio.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos.
- Tested different master detail, summary reports, ad-hoc reports and on demand reports using Cognos Report Studio.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Micro strategy Report
- Conducted down test and up test for release builds pushed to UAT and to Production.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6(Repository Manger, Cognos, Designer, Server Manager), Cognos, Micro strategy, Web Services, SOAPUI, Oracle 10g, MS SQL, HP Quality Center 10.0/9.2, Agile, TOAD, MS Excel, MS Project.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Categorized the test cases based on their modularity, functionality and priority.
- Conducted Functionality, Integration and End-to-End testing of the AUT (Application Under Testing)
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different platforms and data validations for all reports.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Used SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Working knowledge of testing ETL/ data flow structures/ SSIS Packages and Reports
- Carried out a Back-End Database Stress Testing approach that involves subjecting the test database to heavy loads.
- Reviewed and fine-tuned the SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance during the Unit Testing, System Integration and User Acceptance Testing for Database Testing and Gray-Box testing.
- Extensively worked with UNIX commands and Unix shell scripts
- Tested Data masking and made extensive use of SQL Navigator Explain Plan to view and Analyze complex SQL Queries as part of the Database Back-End Testing.
- Validated Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes that load Teradata test databases with data feeds from upstream applications and provided information deliveries of warehouse data to downstream users
- Created and maintained the business complex reports using the Business Objects Reporting Module as per user requirements
- Good experience on testing Business Objects reports.
- Involved in testing the metadata to test the integrity of the Business Objects Universe (SAS).
- Involved in Testing Business Objects reports.
- Participated in Walkthrough's and Technical Reviews all through the testing phase.
- Executed the test cases using sample source documents as inputs during UAT and ensured that the final outcomes of the tests are satisfactory
- Performed formal reviews of all documented test cases and keep the latest documents in a common repository for Project Team.
- Provided bug status and regular updates to all concerned
Environment: Manual Testing, SSIS, Business objects, HP ALM 11/Quality Center 10, SAP BOE XIR3.1 SP1, UNIX, Auto Sys, Oracle 11g, Teradata 13, Teradata SQL Assistant 13.0, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Office Word, Excel, Power point
Confidential, New York, NY
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and the Functional Specification.
- Validating maps on Informatica to verify data from Source to Target data base & record test results.
- Extensively used ETL for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the data loaded into warehouse and Data Mart tables using Informatica.
- Performed UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and executed to verify requirements, look and feel of the applications.
- Responsible for creating manual test scripts to include Functional Test, Regression Test, UAT, Migration Test and Study Configuration Test.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation.
- Tested to verify that all data were synchronized after the data is troubleshoot and also used SQL to verify/validate my test cases.
- Creating test scripts using Quality Center and performing regression testing on new versions of the software.
- Reviewed Informatica mappings and test cases before delivering to Client.
- Exported the results through SQL and documented the test results for test cases, suites executed.
- Worked on Various SQL Server procedures for various Bugs, executed queries in test databases using SQL queries.
- Executed SQL Queries for testing integrity of data in database (Backend Testing).
- Backend and Database Testing: Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MS Access databases.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Data Integrity, System, Compatibility testing
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Business Object Reports.
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to verify data integrity
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Ad hoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects.
- Tested Business Objects reports and Web Intelligence reports.
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Ad hoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects XI.
- Experience in testing Business Report developed in Business Objects XIR2.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Experienced in writing test cases, test scripts, test plans and execution of test cases reporting and documenting the test results using Mercury Quality Center
- Prepared Test status reports for each stage and logged any unresolved issues into Issues log.
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation.
Environment: INFORMATICA POWER CENTER 9.1, Business Objects Enterprise XI R2/ R3, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Agile, Quality Center 11.0, QTP 11.0, IBM AIX 5.5, DB2, TERADATA V2R6, SYBASE 12.5, Shell Scripting, XML Files, VSAM COBOL Files, AUTOSYS, XML SPY 2010, ORACLE 11G, TOAD 10, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Involved in Data Warehouse testing while sourcing data from multiple sources to SDAR.
- Involved in ETL & Report testing, executed SQL queries to validate data in target database.
- Worked on Data stage for different transformations and Loads and finally tested the output in the application.
- Experience in ETL Data Warehousing, database testing using Data Stage for Workflow process.
- Extensively used Data Stage manager to migrate code to various project environments.
- Performed End User Data Validation on Cognos as a Reporting Tool.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, bug tracking and reporting.
- Uploaded test scenarios, test cases and defects to Quality Center and SharePoint.
- Validated the archived jobs using DVO (data validation tool)
- Implemented Data Validation Option (DVO) for understanding on how to run tests, and evaluated the test results.
- Performed QA Testing in distributed UNIX/ Windows Environment, Oracle databases as back end and performed end-to- end testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle.
- Participated in Project Manager/ Tech Leads walkthroughs and defect report meetings periodically.
- Tested whether the reports developed in Cognos are as per company standards.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Written several complex SQL queries & PL/SQL stored procedures for validating Cognos Reports.
Environment: HP ALM, Oracle 11g, Data Stage, DVO, MS Office, UNIX, Cognos 8.4, Toad.