- 7 years of extensive experience as a QA Engineer involving in the entire SDLC and working with DWH/BI applications for various industries Data Modeling, Data Extraction, Data Loading and Data Analysis.
- Extensive experience in ETL and BI testing of DWH applications and reporting applications.
- Proficient in writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Scenarios
- Possess extensive experience performing Backend, Frontend, Regression, Functional, System, Interface, Usability, Black box, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensive Experience in Agile Methodology and waterfall methodologies of SDLC.
- Well experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple sources.
- Technical strengths and automated test tool expertise includes Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center, VBScript, SQL and Rational Tool Suite
- Excellent experience in different Databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata.
- Proficient in HP's Quality Center for Test Designing, Requirement Mapping, Reports and Defect Tracking
- Extensive experience working with ETL tools like Data Stage, Informatica, AbInitio, SSIS, and AutoSys tools.
- Good experience in Business Objects, Cognos, Micro strategy and Crystal Reports testing
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries, Joins, Functions, Procedures, Packages, DBMS, RDBMS, and Triggers in Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Created requirements from Test plans, FRD, use cases and updated those is Requisite pro and then in Clear Quest (CQ), Quality Center (QC) and Application Life Management (ALM).
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema and working with slowly changing dimensions Type I II and III.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment or in a rapid pace environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
ETL Tester/ BI Tester
Confidential - Fayetteville, AR
- Designed and executed various well described Test scripts for System testing based on the Functional Design Document.
- Assisted in gathering the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project
- Expertise in writing SQL Statements in database to make sure whether the data is populated in Data Mart/Data warehouse According to Business Rules.
- Investigating issues occurred while System testing and Regression testing.
- Involved in investigating the errors by tracking the root cause for the error.
- Collected evidence for each step of the process to ensure that any errors are captured in time and resolved immediately.
- Involved in testing the metadata to test the integrity of the Business Objects Universe (SAS).
- Involved in Testing Business Objects reports.
- Extensive experience in writing test plan for using Informatica tool for implementation of ETL methodology in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Ad hoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects.
- Tested Business Objects reports and Web Intelligence reports.
- Extensively used ETL for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Have programming skills in SQL and PL/SQL and experience in Oracle databases on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database.
- Raised defects in HP Quality Center defect tracking system. Log project related issues in the defect tracking tool identified for the project (Rational Clear Quest)
- Designed Traceability Matrix to match test scripts with the Functional design document.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Tested data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1/8.1, Business Objects, XML, XSLT, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center 10.0, MS SQL Server, DTS, TOAD, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, UNIX, PERL, MS Access, Sybase, Flat Files.
ETL Tester/ Data Ware House Tester
Confidential - Rogers, AR
- Review and understand the technical and functional specs for business logic and requirement.
- Understand the business intelligence of data warehousing environments including technologies and processes across data sourcing, validation, reconciliation, and related ETL functions data warehouse and data mart performance as well as front end reporting tool performance.
- Wrote test cases for source and target systems and BI Reports in Cognos on Healthcare claims Datamart.
- Written Test Cases for ETL Data Stage jobs compare Source and Target database systems.
- Extensively used SQL in accessing and manipulating data in large Oracle Databases and SQL server.
- Perform ETL run through Autosys job and validated the run after it gets completed.
- Prepared various Data Stage jobs on 8.1 Environment.
- Written SQL scripts to test the mappings and extensively used Cognos for report generation.
- Tested the reports developed by Cognos series and checked whether they are as per the company Standards.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Data Stage, Informatica and SSIS.
- Extensively used Data Stage for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Executed Data Stage ETL jobs using UNIX to load the data into target tables.
- Used TOAD for Oracle and SQL server Management studio for SQL server to write complex SQL queries to fulfill Backend Testing.
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation and data conditioning.
- Used the Data Stage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
- Performed system testing on all EDI transactions both inbound and outbound.
Environment: Data Stage, Cognos, Windows NT/XP, SQL 2005, EDI, T-SQL, ETL, HIPPA, Data Mapping QC, Junit, ALM 11.0, MS Word, MS Excel, Oracle, Windows and Agile.
Confidential - Jacksonville, FL
- Requirements Gathering & Understanding.
- Writing & executing test cases for ETL testing by understanding transformation rules and business requirements.
- Test data preparation to validate the File level validations, Record level validations, business rules and load process.
- Test case Writing, Review & Execution.
- Involved in writing HQL in Hue
- Involved in HBASE validations
- Informatica- ETL Testing using Toad and TIDAL.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for ETL process.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos.
- Good experience in Cognos & Business Objects Reports testing.
- Tested whether the reports developed in Cognos are as per company standards.
- Expertise in report generation and dashboards - using Excel, VBA macros, Pivot Tables, SAS, SQL Server Report Services (SSRS), Tableau, Qlikview and Cognos.
- Responsible to verify Web services API request, response data validations in REST, SOAP protocols.
- Performed Web Service API testing for UI content verification and validation with business logic XML and JSON using REST.
- Validation of Reports against data in the tables.
- Writing SQL queries against database for data validation.
- Experience Conducting the Monthly Quality Audit with QR as part of Quality Control
- Experience in DD, DP, BCP, PMR activities
- Experience in performance tuning of Informatica Sources, Targets, Mappings, and Transformations & Sessions.
- Worked on various projects involving Data warehousing using Informatica.
- Written Simple to complex queries to execute the test cases using sub-queries, joins, grouping.
- Validating the ETL processing In SQL server by querying the Dimension tables and Fact tables.
- Validation of Reports against data in the tables for Sqoop jobs.
- Validation of Stage, Prep and Warehouse tables in SQL server
- Tested the Cognos/Tableau Reports.
- Conducted functional testing and regression testing
- Defect Tracking & reporting using HP ALM (HP QC)
- Prepare the lesson learned documents based on the previous defects.
Environment: SQL server 2008 R2/2012, SQL server Management Studio, Control M, MS Excel, .Net, TortoiseSVN, Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle, Talend, Informatica Power Center 9.1.0, Cognos, Tableau, UNIX, Putty, Quality Center 10
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
- Worked on Quality Center for creating Test Plan, Test Cases, and executed in Test Lab and reported defects using defects module.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Involved in validating SSIS and SSRS packages according to functional requirements.
- Responsible for testing packages using SSIS to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing.
- Extracted Data using SSIS from DB2, XML, Oracle and flat files, Excel perform transformations and populate the data warehouse
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite
- Extensively formatted reports into documents using SSRS Report Builder for creation of Dashboards.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Extensively tested the SSRS Reports
- Configured Jenkins to execute daily batch runs, execute on every push to master artifacts into repository
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Involved in preparing detailed Business Analysis documents, ETL design documents, unit test plans for the mappings
- Inserted checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Unit testing experience with Jasmine, Karma, Jasmine-Node, Node unit and Protractor
- Performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using QTP and enhanced the overall functionality of the application Supported User Acceptance Testing team.
- Supported the application during infant care period and performed data validation after production implementation.
- Interacted with Business analysts to discuss the requirements / user stories
- Maintained requirements traceability matrix to keep the clients and all the teams Up-to-date with the current progress of the project.