- Automation Engineer with around 7+ years of experience in executing and testing of client server architecture and web - based applications
- Executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Ruby, Selenium WebDriver and QTP
- Experienced in functional testing, reviewing and analyzing business requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases and RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix)
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC, Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Experienced in API Automation using Frisby framework, Node.JS and Postman
- Experience in AWS by using services like Lambda, S3, EC2, Elastic Bean Stalk and Cloud Formation
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries to read the data from multiple sources and tables
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections)
- Performed unit testing using Junit/TestNg, integration and deployment of applications done using tools such as ANT and Maven and debugging through Log4j.
- Experienced in converting existing QTP/UFT Script to SeleniumWebDriver Script for multi browser support.
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNg& apache POI.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Experienced in load test, stress test and performance test using Load Runner by scripting VUser scripts for multiple users, multiple transactions at rendezvous points.
- Strong knowledge on Web Service & hands on experience in validating Web Services using SoapUI Pro.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X.
Languages: Java, SQL, PL\SQL.
Databases: SQL Server 2012, My SQL Aurora and Mem SQL
Design Tools: Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools and IE Development Toolbar
Frameworks: Eclipse, RubyMine, Behavior Driven, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, Junit, TestNG
Defect Management Tools: Jira and TFS.
CI/ Build Tools: Jenkins, Chef
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Watir Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Cucumber
Configuration/ Source Control: Visual SVN, Rally, Clearcase, TFS
Lead Automation Engineer
- Participate in UX design, Service Specification meetings to ensure the requirements are met.
- Organizing the Stories within the velocity and leading three teams to maintain equal pace through each iteration.
- Participate in Feature Grooming and Story Elaboration sessions.
- Executing the API calls in Swagger and validate the responses.
- Designed Token Services framework using Java which can be imported with maven to different projects.
- Created JUnit and TestNG test cases with annotations that can be customized to run in Jenkins.
- Create Flyway scripts and validate the database using SQL queries.
- Created data driven test cases using parameterized and excel.
- Performed UI Automation using Selenium WebDriver and Grid.
- Created Jenkins Pipeline to run regression on daily basis for UI, API and generating reports.
- Used DevCloud to create different environments to test with various versions of application.
- Experienced in Rally as Agile Lifecycle Management tool to create and track Stories and Defects.
- Created Automation scripts to communicate with different servers with Asynchronous messages using Axon and Topic.
- Using Service Utils to run the Service calls and establishing JDBC connections to validate the data in the database with Java.
- Experience in using Load Runner for performance testing.
- Experience in using Source code to manage branches in GIT, Performed Branch cut and maintain coding standards.
- Involved in Test Cases and development code Pull Requests to review the code.
Software Development Engineer
- Participating in sprint planning and getting acquaintance with the sprint user stories and playing the planning poker to assign the story points.
- Experience in User Acceptance testing, used to test the application for different modules/links in the application with the help of Cucumber tool in a Behavior Driven Development(BDD) Framework
- Automation of test cases using Watir Web driver, Cucumber, Page object Model(POM)
- Used tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI.
- Going through the Acceptance Criteria and getting clarification from business on the ambiguous points.
- Validating the API calls using payloads which will be processed through postman.
- Designed a behavior driven framework using cucumber, ruby, and call page object.
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute the scripts in cross browsers.
- Created feature file, scenario outlines by improvising Cucumber
- Created the step definition function which is so called as reusable functions.
- Integrated with continuous delivery and continuous integration using Jenkins that total test suite is run every day and the reports is shared with each and every team member and the defects are raised in Visual studio.
- Integrated the BDD framework with MEM SQL to validate the data (Back end automation)
- Used YAML sheet for data driven. All the required data is stored in the YAML sheet.
- Writing simple to complex SQL queries for testing purpose.
- Validating of data in source staging and target database.
- Validation of data integration between salesforce and copy using lookup tables and real time data synchronization.
- Performed various types of testing like Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Pilot Testing and Compatibility Testing.
- Providing Demo to users on the functionalities that are developed as part of the sprint.
- Participating in sprint retrospective and discussing the changes positives and negatives of the sprint outcome.
Confidential, Burlingame, CA
Senior Selenium Tester
- Prepared a detail test schedule on a day-to-day basis for the project members to know the status of the QA Process.
- Involved in daily meetings to understand the user stories in-depth.
- Followed Agile methodology.
- Developed & executed Test Scenarios using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and platform (Windows 7/8) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
- Recorded and played back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE.
- Involved in developing Automated Test Cases, executing, and validating the defects within the testing environment.
- Written many reusable Java functions to automate the application.
- Executed Automated Test Cases on daily basis.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams during test preparation and execution.
- Involved in web services testing using SOAP & REST API’s
- Modifications in Test Scenarios & Scripts based on business requirements on a regular basis.
- Reprioritization for execution will be put in place in consultation with Track Leads to ensure test scripts execution progress happens aligned to the milestone.
- Developed test scripts using Page Object Model (POM).
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Planned, monitored and managed all activities related to Automation Testing
- Provided with the testing results of all testing cycles on regular basis.
- Participated & Coordinated extensively during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Facilitated and Supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used TOAD as well as SQL analyzer to manipulate SQL queries to verify the data in the database.
- Worked with Business Analyst to review business requirements then translate those into test cases.
- Developed and executed manual test cases to test functionality, data integrity, and negative scenarios.
- Created Automation Framework and developed Automation scripts in Selenium using Java
- Performed bug tracking, including submitting and assigning defects to the application developers using JIRA.
- Participated in Walk through of test plans and test cases.
- Interacted with Developers and System Analysts to understand the severity of the defects.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, IDE, Java, Google Chrome, IE Versions 8.0/9.0, XML, HTML, Windows 2007/08, Soap Rest API, Jira, Toad
- Involved in Use case analysis and identifying the required Test scenarios
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance testing, and End to End Testing.
- Involved in test scripts review.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions.
- Generated TestNG Reports, XSLT Reports.
- Executed all Test Scripts By using Testng.xml file, and Executed Test Scripts Parallel.
- Executed Specific Test Scripts by Using the run mode mentioned in the excel Sheet for each test Scripts.
- Generated the test results and mentioned in the Excel Sheet.
- Emailed all the reports to the specified persons.
- Executed the test Scripts on Different Browsers to check Browser compatibility.
- Import & export files by using Auto It.
- Created a .bat file to run the entire test scripts by single click and stored all the results, emailed the results, logged the reports, wrote the test script status in the Excel Sheet i.e.., Pass /Fail by single click on .bat file.
- Participated in weekly meetings to update testing status, defect status and explain any impediment for testing or any new task to be added.
- Attended Defect review meeting.
- Analyzed business requirements and prepared Design documents, System Test Plans and Estimation tool projects.
Environment: HTML5, CSS3, WebDriver, SoapUI, SDLC, REST API, TestNG and JUNIT.