- Over 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance and software testing of client/server applications and web - based applications.
- I am good in analysis, design, and testing of MES, Continuous data protection, retail, GUI, web, mobile, ande-commerce applications.
- Strong knowledge in testing all phases of SDLC and STLC and expertise in waterfall. V-model, Agile with SCRUM lifecycles.
- Tested Web Services using Soap UI tool by validating request and response data XML, JSON and created Mock services for Rest API with Soap UI tool and written Groovy scripts with assertions and data-driven testing using excel data with Soap UI tool
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Expertise in Grey box, Integration Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility Testing, System testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing, Hot Fix testing methodologies.
- Experienced in performing Back-End Testing to maintain Data Consistency, Integrity and Accuracy of SQL Server and Oracle database.
- Proficient in the tasks of bug tracking and reporting using Quality Center/Test Director, JIRA, and Bugzilla.
- Having Experience in virtualization by creating Virtual VM in Unix, Linux with various version, windows and writing Shell scripts, Bash Scripts and configuring scheduled jobs with Corn for system testing and TCP/IP Protocol testing with Wireshark.
- Maintained Test cases in TFS web application and Automated by integrating with Selenium
- Tracked all the bugs and validated those using TFS, Bugzilla and Jira generated burn down reports and test metrics and reported to project stakeholders.
- Expertise in Writing Pl SQL code used to test Oracle Database queries
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology and participated in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective and Reviews and testing each sprint deliverables.
- Excellent skills in understanding projects and creating test cases out of Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document used in BDD framework of automation and prepared in Test plan and test sign off documents.
- Hands on experience for defect tracking & defect management from the discovery of defects, submitting the defects with elaboration so that developers can recreate & provide the fix faster, retesting of the fixed defects & tracking the defect status in defect tracking tools TFS, Bugzilla, and Jira till it is closed.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment and delivering under high-stress environment.
- Authoring /managing test deliverables i.e. test plan, Installation Qualification Protocol, Operational Qualification Protocol and Performance Qualification Protocol, Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summary report.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of VMware VMotion, SVMotion, HA and DRS including vSphere Update Manager, VMware Data Recovery, vCenter Lab Manager and vCenter Orchestrator.
- Experience in P2V, V2V MIGRATION using VMware vCenter Converter / Plate Spin Power Convert and Creating host and client VM templates and cloning.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to perform back-end testing. Wrote and executed SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data.
Test build and Integration tools: MAVEN, ANT, JENKINS
Operating system: Windows NT 2000, LINUX, UNIX
Bug tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, Remedy
Version control tools: SVN, GIT, IBM Rational clear case, BIT Bucket, source tree
Testing tools: Quality center 9.0 -10.0, ALM 11.0 and QTP.
Automation Tools: CA Lisa, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver
Databases: MYSQL, ORACLE,Ni-SQL
Cloud services: AWS, Azure
Confidential, Piscataway, New jersey
Headend QA Automation Tester
- Responsible for Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI & API testing.
- Worked in Agile environment and provided testing of complex next generation features for Salesforce CRM
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework
- Research latest security trends and threats/vulnerabilities for mobile devices.
- Strong experience in security testing and underlying network using both manual and automated testing tools.
- Experience to conduct security testing of web applications on Azure and AWS.
- Used karma as a test runner to execute the test scripts and experience in setting up the karma.config.js file with configurations.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification done through XPath and CSS Locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse
- Responsible for creating SOAP UI test suites and test cases for SOAP & REST API testing.
- Worked very closely with UI angular developers while automating the tests using protractor and Jasmine.
- Involved in mobile testing include app testing & Test automation for web applications using cucumber.
- Developed automation scripts using Appium and Perfecto to reduce the manual effort while executing the test procedures.
- Designed and developed tests for mobile apps testing in Android Platform using Appium
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML based SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML based SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD frameworks.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloudbased code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
Environment: AWS, Windows, Q-Metry, Jira, Jira Test Management, Junit, Jenkins, Post Man, Source Tree, Bit Bucket, Appium, Perfecto, API testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Manual testing, Mobile testing.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
QA Automation Tester
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Implementing Test Lab and formulation of Test Plans, Test Strategy.
- Ensure to guide process and technology adoption to assure apt QA testing of User Interface application.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Java, JUnit, Cucumber(BDD), and Eclipse.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, using JAVA, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format. Performed test execution for mobile html website on various tablets and devices.
- Used MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds. Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) exclusively in an agile environment.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and cross Platforms.
- Performed UI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly consignment run of the Script. Designed Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Performed Data-driven testing using JUnit functions and Selenium WebDriver which examines the data properly from XML files.
- We have also done BATCH testing for putting down all the test cases and run down them as Batch with QTP as the test tool.
- Batch testing is done by validating the test results on output files and data changes done by the batch jobs under testing scope and recording of them.
- Ensure SOAP XML Messages are transmitted correctly from the sender to the receiver end points and the data loaded to the database as mentioned in the source to target mapping document
- Tested web services by generating XML SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML SOAPUI Responses.
- Used Apache POI API to register the test data from the excel sheet. Utilized Jira as defect tracking tool on the project.
- Examined the Business Requirements Document (BRD), designed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under examination.
- Designed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various levels of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke test execution as a discrete step of the deployment process by using WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing to identify several critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG) prior to agile release.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for a further application using Maven. Performed functional testing of SOAP & Restful Web Services using SOAPUI Tool Used Java/JUnit to run Cucumber feature (BDD) and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Web services testing, JAVA, JIRA, SQL, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber (BDD), Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Mobile Testing, Batch Testing, Firebug, Fire Path, SOAPUI, XML, HTML.
QA Automation Tester
- Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the Application.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases. Executed Test Cases and Gathered Test Execution results. Tested the Functionality of the application through manual Testing.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Procedures based on the test requirements.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing. Analyzed existing and planned business processes. Documented workflows and created functional specs for development.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data-driven testing on the application inserting different data using QTP.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries to access the main database. Coordinated all the database changes to the development and test databases.
- We use capturing and modeling dependent systems through Service Virtualization capabilities.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing and wrote /modified tests from scratch. Implemented T- SQL/SQL Scripts and Wrote SQL queries to validate data.
- Developed test cases and scenarios in accordance to the technical specifications and project plans provided by the appropriate business analysts.
- Performed Sanity, Smoke, Functional, Security, Configuration and User Acceptance testing manually.
- Tested the Application in different Web Browsers and on Multiple Platforms- UNIX, Linux, and Windows. We used to do GUI testing. I worked with Oracle 10g and 11g.Manually tested calculations of home and auto insurance rates and dividends using MS-Excel and cross-checked for results data.
- Performed calculations on Excel sheet to estimate how much life insurance a person needs, based on the debts customer has. Used Quality Center to generate reports. Used Quality Center, for test planning.
- Used Quality Center to invoke the scripts and initially performed the baseline testing, as well as, organized all the scripts systematically and generated reports.
- Work in conjunction with the Requirements Analyst and other testers to create and organize Software Requirements in Quality Center.
- Performed extensive manual testing on different modules. Developed Test Matrices on a weekly basis. Involved in meetings to identify new structures and modification of existing structures as necessary for the application under test.
- Performed Security Testing of the application to ensure proper user authentication. Tested the application compatibility with IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Provided test plan, daily reports on the functional or performance testing effort. Wrote Test Summary Report at the conclusion of the test cycle.
- Conducted manual functionality and regression testing for each build and version. Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Generated the detailed reports of the bugs and pass-fail report.
- Report bugs/defects in the Clear Quest and ensure problem resolution is communicated in a timely and effective manner between Developers, Lead QA and Project Manager.
Environment: Java Script, HTML, ALM, Oracle, Quality Center, QTP, Clear Quest, SQL Server, Windows, UNIX.