- Over 5 years of Software Quality Assurance(QA) experience as QA analyst in Finance and Banking industries
- Full understanding and experience in Manual Testing
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports for manual testing based on System Requirements Document (SRD) and Business Requirement Document (BRD)
- Performed Manual testing on both Client - Server and Web-based applications
- Excellent understanding of equity and options trading, futures markets and fixed income
- Solid experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing. Proficient with Agile-Scrum and Waterfall
- Experienced in performing different types of testing: GUI, Integration, Regression, Backend, System, Regression, End-to-End and User Acceptance Testing
- Highly skilled in defect management, analysis and reporting using HP Quality Center, JIRA
- Participated in daily (SCRUM) and weekly team meetings
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, and Project Managers to discuss and collect business requirements
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries to manipulate data and using different Joins on multiple tables to perform Back-End Testing to verify the database updates
Project Management: HP ALM; Atlassian JIRA; Bugzilla;
Microsoft Application: Access; Excel; Word; Power Point; Internet Explorer;
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server; Sybase; Oracle;
Architecture: Client/Server; Multi-tier/Web based application;
Domain: Finance, Banking.
Confidential, NEW YORK
- Tested buy and sell sides of Equity and cancellation of trades between counter-parties.
- Executed Testing and verifying Electronic Trade Blotter by editing, accepting and confirming transactions with Equities, Equity Options, Futures.
- Performed testing of interactive web applications including functional and regression testing.
- Performed problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur.
- Used Red Hat Linux to find errors in log files.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings, technical meetings with the software development team.
Confidential, NEW YORK
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document and developed test cases;
- Created RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) to maps and traces all user requirements with test cases;
- Performed System, Backend, and Regression testing based upon test plans and cases;
- Worked in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile model and worked closely with Business Analyst, Developers and clients, attended walkthrough and requirement review meetings;
- Used LINUX commands to monitor log files and search patterns;
- Reported defects using HP Quality Center and followed up with development team till closure;
- Worked with development team members to execute System Integration Testing(SIT) Regression and Functional testing;
- Performed Defect result Analysis, verified defects, closed defects on fix and reopened unfixed defects