- Experience in working with Software Development (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) models - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Excellent understanding in web automation which includes GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensive experience in Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity/Smoke Testing.
- Experience in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Testing
- Proficient knowledge in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application
- Executing test case, reporting bugs and tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Solid experience in implementing automation test scripts, record scripts using Selenium IDE.
- Good exposure in testing SOAP web services using SOAP UI and testing Rest web services using POSTMAN tools.
- Expertise with Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collections.
- Implementation of parallel execution in the automation framework to do browser compatibility testing, using IE, Chrome and Mozilla.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid), Soap UI, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Experience in using Selenium Web driver, Eclipse TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, and DOM in creating automation scripts.
- Configured application framework using Excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Experienced in build, deploy multi module applications; configure test coverage, integrated with Maven and CI server Jenkins.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Worked with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs for running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel
- Worked on testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Android, Safari and Chrome.
- Automated and scheduled builds using continuous integration tool Jenkins Server at a particular time.
- Quick learner and mentor with the ability to adopt in demanding, fast-paced environments requiring highly adaptive, flexible and resourceful technical & management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Proficient in Bug Severity analysis, Bug tracking system and Bug Reporting and can prioritize issues based on important, urgent and hot fixes.
Methodologies: SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, TestNG, Auto It, Robot Class, Cucumber, Soap UI, QC, ALM
Test Build Tools: Maven and ANT
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), Test Driven Development(TDD)
Programming Languages: HTML5, CSS, JAVA, J2EE, SQL, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle11g, SQL Server
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins and Hudson
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Cross Browser Platform: Sause Labs and Selenium Grid
Defect Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
Version Control: Git, Github, Gitlab, SVN
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project
Utilities: Eclipse, Fire Bug, Fire Path.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS, Linux
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Created automation test scripts using data Driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time by performing Cross browser testing and Parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Expertise in grouping of Test suites, Test cases and Test Methods for Regression and Functional Testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to Manage dependencies for Test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped Test cases to Run sanity and Regression Testing.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to Develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, and Deploy Smoke, Regression jobs.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation Tools Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Appium, Jenkins, GitHub, SOAUP UI, POSTMAN, Cucumber, BDD, Agile, Oracle 10g, MS word, MS XL, Quality Centre, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, MAVEN.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for analysis of business user needs documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running Automated Tests to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Jenkins tool used as continuous integration running the entire test suite for nightly builds and creating jobs for all test suites and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Prepared manual & function test cases on web and mobile applications (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Performed Database testing to check the contents, number of rows and columns of the result set that was based on a SQL query created on the database.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress of the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Jenkins, TestNG, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Agile, Firepath, Firebug, XPATH, HTML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Run Defect Triaging and review the Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases with Project Team.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of test cases according to requirements.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver.
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Developed Keyword Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and Oracle Databases.
- Identified the correct web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Used Ajax Call Synchronization in Selenium Web Driver, used Implicit, Explicit waits to handle the execution flows.
- Identified Iframes in the web application to test the nested images, banners and other embedded web pages in it. Used switchto() to switch from the existing web pages to iframes, other windows and alerts.
- Used TestNG framework, covering different types of test designs like a unit test, functional test, end to end test, UI test and integration test.
- Integrated with TestNG to perform Cross Browser Testing using parallel processing, groups and annotations.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Rally.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, Java, Web Services, Key Word Driven Framework, POM, SQL, AGILE, HTML, XML, CSS, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, MS Word
QA Functional Analyst
- Worked closely with business team, designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Actively participated and involved in all the sprint meetings of Agile flow like daily scrum calls, grooming sessions, retrospective calls, release calls, triage and war room meetings.
- Gathered the testing approaches that qualifies to the functionality of the flow of application.
- Participated in JAD sessions to identify the critical business transactions.
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- After the meetings prepared test data and test steps to test the application over given parameters and functionality checks etc.
- Closely worked with developers and release managers in order to get latest builds and environments to complete tests.
- Expertise in prioritizing the defects based on functionality and UI features and ranked accordingly in the meetings with team.
- Written Grey box and Black box testcases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like ALM (HP ALM), SQL, SOAP UI.
- Learned the approaches in identifying the elements presents in DOM from developers.
- Prepared test data after manual part to provide feasible data to the automation team.
- Extensively used my SQL queries to get the data from back end and validated in UI that populate over the fields.
- Involved in writing load test scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Prepared test data based on scenarios ahead of the build to test the regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing.
Environment: Quality Center, Soap UI, MS Excel, HTML, XML, Oracle, UNIX and Windows.