- Over 9+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance, Manual Testing and Automation using.
- Experience in developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Scripts and Test Cases after reviewing requirement documents, functional specifications, and technical design documents.
- Automation scripting experience in Intranet/Internet applications using Selenium WebDriver and SOAPUI.
- Experienced in functional testing, reviewing and analyzing business requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases and RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Experienced in writing & executing test cases, reporting & tracking defect, preparing test report and build test automation suite.
- Experienced in managing defect using different defect tracking tools including HP Quality Center/ALM, Jira & Version One.
- Solid understanding of Agile Scrum Model that allows us to focus on delivering the highest business value in the shortest time.
- Experience in automation testing using QTP and Selenium and writing Java Scripts in QTP and Java in Selenium.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tool like Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Automate the process of PowerShell scripts by maintaining the windows task scheduler.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Manual and Automation Testing (Black Box, White Box Testing etc.) on Web - based applications.
- Configuration Management Tools VB scripting, IBM Rational Clear case, SVN, HARVEST.
- Conducted data-based testing by executing MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL queries to in oracle.
- Created LoadRunner scenarios and scheduled the Virtual Users to generate realistic load on the server using LoadRunner.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Web and Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium , Java .
- Extensive experience in developing .Net framework applications using C#, MVC 4.0, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, VB.Net, WSDL, Web forms, and AJAX.
- Created and executed automated (Coded UI) scripts in Visual Studio and in TFS Test Manager.
- Extensively Worked in Quality Assurance using Testing methods for both Manual and Automation tests with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirements gathering (FSD/SRS).
- Used Postman tool to test the application for constructing the requests and for analyzing the response send by the Web API.
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and Production & Maintenance Methods using Waterfall, CMM, and Agile/Scrum.
- Helped the Team in designing the Test Automation Framework for Selenium as Team is transitioning from UFT (Unified Functional Testing) over to Selenium.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Accessibility Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS & Git.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experienced in recording tests, debugging tests, editing scripts, running test scripts and analyzing results using testing tools Quick Test Pro.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
Testing (8+ years), Selenium Web Driver (6 years), C# (3 years), Java (5 years), SOAP (3 year), Web Services (4 years), HP ALM (3 years), QTP (2+ years), SQL (5 years).
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Centre, JUnit, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Load Runner
Language/ Script: Java, C, C#, .Net, Python
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Data Driven, POM
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Centre/ALM, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA, Work soft
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GitLab
Databases Technologies: MS SQL, PL/SQL, Aws (Dynamo Db, Elastic Search and PostgreSQL)
Operating system: MacOS, Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX, Linux
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked with Business, Developers and Stakeholders to understand and define Functional & Non- Functional Test Cases for overall Functional, Regression, and UAT Testing.
- Created Manual and Automation Test Cases and Test Data for performing System, Integration and UAT Testing
- Validated Sprints and Builds based of cross-browser and performing various types of testing - Manual, Functional, Smoke, Regression & Automated, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation Data Driven Framework for Smoke and Regression test suites (TestNG and Maven)
- Involved in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium WebDriver
- Performed Data driven framework testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data Excel files using Apache POI
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE using TestNG and Selenium WebDriver
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Checked the data flow through the Front End to Back End and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Worked extensively with business users to define scope and prepared 'Documents of Understanding' for various change requests by analyzing the feedback from user groups.
- Performed End-to-End testing of database to check data integrity using SQL queries.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, HTML, AWS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, GitLab
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Used Agile/Scrum methodology to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements (user stories) and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Collaborated with application developers, Project Managers and QA analysts to ensure proper testing, configuration and deployment.
- Experience in Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications. • Analyzed user stories to create project documentation, including Test Strategy, Entry Criteria, Exit Criteria, Test Scripts, Test Execution Plans and Test Exit Report. • Communicated effectively with Project Managers, Development and Test teams throughout the test life cycle to provide clear objectives and report on progress and issues in a timely manner using ALM/QC • Performed functional, integration and regression testing using ALM/QC tool.
- Involved in designing Data Driven framework in Selenium to retrieve test data from excel files and SQL database.
- Designed Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frameworks.
- Automated regression scripts using Automation Test Manager (QTP/UFT) framework (data & keyword driven).
- Configured test environment created the test data and mocked up the existing data to simulate test conditions. Requirement analysis of the ETL part
- Designing the solution and guiding team in preparing ETL specs. Installed the mobile application on various platforms and OS like Apple iOS 6.0/5.x/4.x, Android 2.3 & up, Tablet editions. Initiated a new method'Spot testing' to test the application with developer.
- Performed end - end testing core mobile applications based on different platforms and operating systems for Apple, BlackBerry, Android and Windows smart phones and devices. Validate the OS needs and browser supporting.
- Developed object repositories using page factory model for Selenium. • Validated accrual calc for short trading (borrowed) and margin lending (rehypothecated) long position.
- Experienced in Mobile Automation testing on Emulator and Simulator IOS, and Android platforms with Automation tools like Keep it Functional (KIF), Appium and reported debugs via JIRA to the developers.
- Developed libraries, object repositories and optimized configurations for Selenium.
- Maintained documents for Design reviews, Engineering Reviews, ETL Technical specifications, Unit test plans, Migration checklists and Schedule Plans.
- Developed web applications with Google App Engine using Python (MVC Architecture). • Developed Interface using Java Applets for a Business project to track the vehicle using GPS.
- Strong understanding and experience in AWS VPC, network management and datacenter operations.
- Test Automation using Work soft Certify for the regression suit.
- Performed end-end trade-locate matching process in the prime brokerage workstation. • Tested trades, positions, pricing rules, accrual rules and client profile rate/locate schedules for shorts and Long.
- Experience in designing and developing automation framework (TestNG, Data Driven and Keyword & Hybrid) using the tools Selenium Web Driver, HP QTP/UFT .
- Implemented Hybrid framework and many Page classes to represent web pages.
- Experienced in build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle and using them with continuous integration tools like Jenkins to create and publish application artifacts.pyt
- Involved in writing automated scripts for Angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Tested revenue share reports for hard to borrow securities.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to verify PBW business rules and data quality
- Extensively used UNIX shell scripts and commands for fetching and checking the Log files.
Environment : HTML5, CSS3, Angular JS, JAVA, Mainframe, Rumba 8.1, Tomcat, MQ Series, Selenium, QTP/UFT 12.2, ALM/QC, JIRA, Worksoft, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle 11g, DB2, Linux, VI, SSH Tectia and ETL (Informatica).
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed test strategy, test plans, test scenarios, detailed test cases using use case documents, business requirements and functional specifications and executed test cases for smoke, functional, cross browser, cross platform, integration and regression testing using Quality Center. Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage
- Tested sensitivities (VaR and PnL) across all risk classes for all financial instruments via Monju UI (Java)
- Implemented data - driven test automation framework in QTP/VBScript for regression testing of Monju UI.
- Developed test scripts with Ruby-Selenium to automate browser and web applications under Cucumber (BDD) Framework.
- Built a custom Contact Database management system using Python/Django.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver Scripts using Java covering all requirements for enhancements.
- Worked as a door to door canvasser for political reelection campaign
- Used Hybrid Driven Framework and keywords from the excel files to maintain Test Case Flow.
- User interface screens developed using VB.NET and using Telerik RAD Ajax controls • Developed and executed advance SQL statements for data extraction, data creation and data validation • Validated risk measure calculations (prices, greeks such as delta, vega, gamma, FX Exposure, Rho) in the GMRR database for front office trading system feeds such as the internal equity trading system • Reconciled the market risk data in GMRR against existing applications in Confidential such as applications (cubes) to show Equity and FX sensitivities
- Updated and re-designed several internal tools from VB.NET 2008 to VB.NET 2015 bringing current software standards which facilitated automation of mundane tasks for accounting department. • Strong data analysis skills and ability to track data element from source through transformation to target using advanced excel functions, OLAP cube and Pivot table to validate and reconcile market data • Performed ETL/data warehouse testing (metadata, data completeness, data accuracy, data transformation and data quality, constraint, date, null, duplicate validation and data cleanness) using SQL queries
- Hands on experience in complete Regression testing on Mobile App and Mobile Web by reviewing the source code after each build for every sprint.
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft windows Azure cloud services. • Validated cube and query data from the reporting system back to the source system. • Analyze and report test results. Report, track and monitor defects in JIRA • Escalate concerns, issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders in order to meet project deadlines.
Environment: SSIS (ETL), SQL Server 2008, SAP BO, Autosys, Java, J2EE, JIRA, Quality Center, Selenium, QTP, VB Script, Java Message Service (JMS), OLAP Cube, Pivot Table, Ruby, Linux 2.6 and PuTTY
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Assessed and analyzed Agile user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions &Scrum Meetings and developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/ Data Driven framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Created automated test scripts using Selenium and JUnit.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven and Maintained the resources in source controls like Git, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Performed load tests using JMeter.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAP UI Tool. Validated request and response XML.
- Added assertions to validate the XML in Webservices SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used Jira for Defect tracking and project management.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Designing and implementation of UI Automation Strategy and POC with Protractor.
- Used OOPS C# as a programming language and Visual Studios as IDE for automating the Test Suite with Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed script and performed Rest API testing using Postman with JSON for Regression testing, Sanity, & Smoke testing
- Organized and facilitated Sprint Planning, daily stand - up meetings, Reviews, Scrum Meetings, Retrospectives, Demos etc.
Environment: JIRA, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, SOAPUI, Maven, Eclipse, WSDL, XML, Agile, Quality centre, GitHub, Java, Selenium WebDriver, C#, Jenkins, Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, TestNG
- Setup Selenium from scratch as an automation tool and developed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver from manual test case.
- Developed and implemented robust pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Designed Web/Mobile application in Java which makes customer to retrieve the data from the Data base.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project also Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Automated tests are developed in java using Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber.
- Used python to develop Automation framework to Validate REST Web Services.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test Web Services SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Used GIT for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases
- Performed various types of testing, such as Functionality, Regression, GUI Interface, Integration System, User acceptance and, end-to-end testing.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Centre manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Reviewed database test cases per assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Logged descriptive bug report for failed Test cases in Visual Studio TFS supported with logs and XML documents.
- Worked on Integrating Jenkins with Sauce Labs to test cross browser through cloud support.
- Writing complex SQL queries and update transaction and properties for accounts on stages for UI testing, Integration testing with different data points etc.
- Worked in Agile methodology. Attended Daily scrum stand up meetings. Developed Test Plan and Test cases based on the user stories (Functional requirements)
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, POM, Data Driven, Java, Jira, Python, Cucumber, SQL, Web Services (SOAP & RESTFUL), XML, Jenkins, Maven, Git, TFS, Oracle
- Responsible for writing Test Scripts, Test flows and Test Performance documents, using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Involved in implementing QA methodology and Test Metrics.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing for overnight builds and reported the critical issues to the developers.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements
- Created the new automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Prepared a detail test schedule and test metrics on a weekly basis to know the status of the application.
- Interacted with users for execution of test cases in UAT.
- Extract data from an MS SQL Server and create MS Excel and reports for business specific data validation.
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team
- Customized QTP VB script per functional requirements of the application.
- Conducted Data Driven Tests as per the stakeholder’s requirements
- Conducted GUI and Black Box Testing and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Constantly involved in the team to adopt QA Testing Standards.
- Developed the share repository using QTP Object Repository Manager
- Created Data Driven Tests for testing the functionality with various test records using QTP
- Used HP Quality Centre for Test Case management, Test Case executions, Defect Tracking and Reporting Test progress to the Project management teams.
- Attended weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
- Detect defects, communicated to the developers using bug reporting tools and tracking the defects.
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress and performance of the application.
Environment: QTP, VB Script, Agile testing, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows, HP ALM