- Around 8 years of experience as an Automation Test Engineer and Manual Tester. Worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), including Implementation, Documentation and Testing on internet based e - business and Client-Server applications, in the domains of Retail, Health Care, Insurance, Finance and Banking.
- Experience in working with Software Development life cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) models - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum .
- Expertise in developing the Automation framework using both C# and Core Java programming using OOPS concepts , Selenium, JUnit/TestNG, Eclipse, Maven .
- Expertise in Building Microsoft.Net/C# automation Scripts by using Selenium, MS Visual Studio, MS Test, NUNIT , Spec flow , Coded UI , Azure and good expertise in using Annotations.
- Experienced in formulating Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set up testing environment.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and User Acceptance Testing.
- Well conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
- Experience in design and development of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework from the scratch by writing Gherkin Features-Scenarios Steps and Step Definitions using SpecFlow and Cucumber .
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Expertise in functional testing of web services using Apache client and Rest Assured libraries and validating all the nodes in the response by parsing using J way.
- Expertise in performance testing using J Meter and generating reports and graphs using different Listeners.
- Good experience in Web Services testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI , ReadyAPI and validated both XML and JSON formats using Contains, Not Contains, XPath Match, Compliance, SLA and Security Assertions
- Expertise in developing test scripts using Selenium WebDriver executed automated test scripts & analyzed the results.
- Created Automated Test Scripts to test the functionality of the application using QTP .
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) , GIT and Stash and build management tools like MAVEN.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins , Bamboo .
- Experienced in using web-debugging tool like Firepath and Firebug for finding elements and locators.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Design & Develop data driven framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, Apache POI API and Page Object Model Design Pattern.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Integrated successfully build deployment tools like Jenkins, Maven with Selenium Automation frameworks for nightly regressions. Have done database testing by using MS SQL, Oracle & DB2.
- Experience in testing Mobile Application using Android Studio and Real Devices to test the application using Appium.
- Wrote Protractor test scripts to test the Java Scripts in AngularJS web application.
- Good knowledge on Jasmine.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Expertise in documenting defects with a high level of detail, accuracy, and informative steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest and Bugzilla.
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming).
- Experienced in performing Database testing using SQL, JDBC, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Proven ability in working individually or as part of the team, Problem solving, reporting and assisting to Manage.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, QTP, TestNG, Jasmine, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Junit, NUnit, Cucumber, SpecFlow, SoapUI, J Meter, Load Runner.
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Behavior Driven.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Quality center, Bugzilla.
Programming Languages: JAVA, VB Script, Gherkin, C, C++, C#, Python
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CssSelector
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, UNIX, LINUX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Libraries: Apache Client, Rest Assured, Fillo
Mobile Testing Tools: Perfecto and Appium.
Utilities: IntelliJ, Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Firepath, Protractor
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visual Studio
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Creating test plan and test strategy documents and reviewing with the team and publishing them in confluence.
- Attending daily stand up’s and scrum meetings to discuss the progress on our work and blockers if have any.
- Participating in backlog grooming, sprint planning and creating Jira stories for that sprint.
- Building test data by querying in the production database and setting up the test data in test data base and accessing it using DB connector jar.
- Building automation for all the web services under Core service using our Java Framework, Apache Client, eclipse, swagger hub, J way JsonParser library.
- Configuring and scheduling Jenkin jobs and analyzing the daily smoke results every day in the morning and reporting the issues to dev.
- Running Regression for all the existing partners before the production release of new partners and state expansions.
- Adding business validations and state specific conditions based on the requirement documents and taking the from call center application.
- Debugging the service issues using the reports generated through automation, splunk logs and AWS cloud watch.
- Performing web service testing manually using post man and using groovy for building automation in Ready API and integrating with QA Complete for generating test coverage and test metric reports.
- Creating bugs found using automation and manual testing using Jira and QC ALM.
- Conducted RCA for critical bugs in Prod environment to avoid the re occurrence of similar type of bugs.
- Performing UI automation using our Java framework, selenium server and mobile testing using browser stack.
- Using Bit bucket for source code management and Nexus for repository management.
- Expertise in writing complex Sql queries for getting the test data with specific property details from production database.
- Running performance tests for web services using J meter and generating reports and graphs using different listeners in J meter.
Environment: Java, Selenium Server, Maven, Bit Bucket, Nexus, Apache Client, Eclipse, Splunk, Cloud Watch, Jenkins, QC ALM, Jira, Confluence, Ready API, Postman, QA Complete, SQL Server.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Developing the test plan and test cases for the positive and negative scenarios keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence Classes coordinating with the customers upon solid analysis of the user stories.
- Recognized and classified overall plan for Test Scope, Test Strategy High-level Document, and Test Data within the context area of each sprint.
- Writing and executing test scenarios, test cases and test scripts for both web and mobile applications using JAVA, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG with a good analysis of the element locators and web driver methods.
- Working extensively in the development of Hybrid Framework design on TestNG platform and used Apache POI to read data from external sources.
- Working with utilities like Firebug and Firepath for the identification of web elements using locators such as id, name, Xpath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text and Tags.
- Performing cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Performing Feasibility Analysis on the test cases to analyze the feasibility of the test cases for automation and for the creation of the regression test suite.
- Performing Smoke, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative testing for each build of the applications and Integration Testing with other programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Coordinated with the Manual and Automation QA delivery schedule with Relationship Manager, Product Development and Offshore Team for the Initial and Strategic Solutions.
- Analyzing software failures and reported bugs on RQM which has been used as the defect tracking and project management tool.
- Performing testing using SOAPUI on different data sources and validated the RESTful web services.
- Working on web services testing using assertions such as XPath, XQuery and Contains assertions.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definitions using Cucumber and Gherkin using Junit and automated them using Selenium Web Driver.
- Working on mobile app testing using Perfecto mobile for applications on both IOS and Android.
- Using MAVEN for build management, GIT as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Used RALLY to load & save the test scripts, track the bugs, test status.
- Reviewed and updated the test cases in review log, updated test cases based on the review comments given by Business SME’s.
Environment: JAVA, Selenium Web Driver, Rally, RQM, Jenkins, MAVEN, GIT, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, SOAPUI, XML, HTML.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Implemented Agile methodology with Scrum framework as Software Development Life cycle with 2 weeks of Sprint cycles and coordinated well with team members, lead, project manager.
- Used OOPS C# as a programming language and Visual Studios as IDE for automating the Test Suite with WebDriver .
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Retesting, Ad-hoc testing, Functional and Non- Functional Testing .
- Elicited requirements from business to determine functional specifications leading to concrete implementation requirements.
- Designed and developed Hybrid Framework using .Net, C# and NUnit .
- Performed Keyword Driven and Data Driven Frameworks using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing by passing multiple sets of data by using Excel data reader as plug-in.
- Used Page Object Model (POM) repository design pattern for storing all the web elements for code maintainability and reusability for Selenium automation.
- Performed End-to-End testing by Manual and Automation .
- Worked on different kind of WebElement locators like ID, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath for identifying the fields.
- Used Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) document to ensure whether all the proposed test cases are covered or not as per SRS document.
- Performed NUnit testing to run all the test cases.
- Performed Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE.
- Tested the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI .
- Performed parallel execution of test cases using Selenium Grid, Rest API .
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Worked with JIRA as a project management and defect tracking tool .
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Performed Load testing to analyze and measure the performance of the application using J meter and Load Runner.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event , By with different Locators (Xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Involved in Unit Testing the code and provided the feedback to the developers.
Environment: Visual Studios, JIRA, C# , Selenium WebDriver, Grid, Hybrid, Keyword Driven, Data Driven Framework, Page Object Model (POM), SOAP UI, NUnit, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, XML, JSON, Excel, HTML5, CSS3.
QA Automation Engineer
- Working on Agile Methodologies (Scrum) by following regular Sprint cycles with active involvement in all sprint meetings with testers, developers, scrum master and product owner.
- Responsible for going through the User Stories and creating Test Cases based on the mock up provided in User Stories
- Involved in documenting the Test Plan, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and defect reports
- Creating test scripts using C# and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases .
- Designed and developed BDD/TDD/ATDD framework by using the SpecFlow (Cucumber Specification) and added Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions .
- Written various Features, Scenarios, and Scenario Outline with Examples, Scope Bindings, Dynamic Tables and Hooks in Gherkin language for developing BDD framework.
- Developed Automation scripts in Microsoft Visual Studio and used NUnit framework
- Created, implemented and maintained Page Objects (POM) for each Webpage
- Involved in Hybrid Test framework to achieve Regression Testing and developed packages for the Driver scripts , Page Objects , Reusable Libraries, HTML Extent reports and Log files
- Implemented and configured NUnit , Selenium web driver from NuGet packages as build for adding all the dependencies
- Used JIRA as Project management and Bug tracking tool .
- Performed Data Driven Testing (DDT) using Scenario outline and Examples.
- Implemented logic to read data from the Excel to achieve functional testing with different data
- Performed mouse actions using Selenium Actions API . Implemented web element locators using Selenium WebDriver - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
- Documented all the scenarios of the test cases.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and delivery to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Making sure the resolved bugs are retested and closed if needed
- Involved in testing the Web Services like SOAP by using a tool SOAPUI
- Created Project, Test Suites , Test Cases and Test Steps in SOAP UI Tools and Validated the Response XML file
- Inserted Assertions like XPATH to validate the data against the database data in the response XML
- Used different kinds of Assertions and Attributes for validating the test cases
- Responsible for writing the SQL Queries using Joins , Stored Procedure to retrieve the data.
- Automated Hybrid Mobile app by using Appium and Selenium
- Updating the test plan document for every Sprint meeting
- Logging the bugs which are found during Manual Testing and Automation Testing the Suit
- Developed SQL queries to validate the data integrity of the database
- Performed parallel execution of test cases using Selenium Grid .
- Written different kinds of SQL queries like creation, updates, inserts, deletion, joins etc., in SQL Server Management Studios to perform Backend testing of the application for validating the saved data that comes from Frontend .
Environment: Visual Studios 2012 (IDE), C#, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JIRA, Data Driven Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), Page Object Model (POM), SpecFlow, Gherkin (Cucumber), NUnit, Jenkins, Sql Server Management Studios, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Excel.