- Senior QA Analyst with 8+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Developing Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium, Cucumber, MATLAB and Ranorex. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing and Business Analysis methodologies, serving various domains such as HealthCare, Financial Services, Automotive and E - commerce.
- As a Senior QA Analyst having proficient knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a prime focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Expertise in implementing Waterfall, Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile along with Iterative development environment.
- Testing in focus to ensure system quality standards are met by planning, designing and executing the appropriate test cases. This includes creating test plans, mining and manipulating test data, executing test cases, first-level triage of defects found, and retesting of defects through resolution.
- Experience in using Project and Defect Management tools such as JIRA, Rally and HP ALM to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Collaborate with developers within small teams to create what needs to be tested in new or existing features in the product.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java, MATLAB, C++, Python and Object-Oriented Concepts.
- Developed BDD scripts using Cucumber writing step definitions and behaviors.
- Industry Experience and Expertise in Web page Automation Testing using Selenium Suite and Desktop Stand-Alone Application using Ranorex and MATLAB TestSuite.
- Strong Knowledge in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, Python, MATLAB.
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automated testing of Client Server and Web Applications in multiple roles within QA Team.
- Analyzed, Designed and Implemented frameworks like Page Object Model Framework, TestNG Framework, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, and Hybrid Framework for several projects.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls such as GIT, SVN.
- Working Experience with functional testing, Cross Browser Testing using Selenium & TestNG to check that the Web application works as expected in different browsers.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
- Experience in functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL APIs using SOAPUI Tool. Validated Request and Response in XML, JSON formats.
- Knowledge in writing selenium test scripts using Core Java programming language.
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application. Strong working experience on Functional testing, GUI testing, Integration testing, UAT, Regression testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Positive & Negative testing, Boundary Value testing, End to End testing.
- Experience with projects that utilized web technology like XML, HTML, CSS, REST and high-level languages such as Java.
- Experience in writing Test cases and Test scripts for Functional performance testing.
- Experienced in Back-End validation to ensure data consistency on Frond-End writing and executing SQL Queries on the relational database.
- Adept in RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL and equally skilled at writing SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Good team player with the ability to manage and work independently.
Project Methodologies: Agile, WaterFall
Testing Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, MATLAB TestSuite
TEST & Defect Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP ALM, IBM DOORS
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Programming Languages: JAVA, Gherkin, MATLAB, C, C++, JSON, Python
Database tools: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Platform Compatibility: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, SharePoint
Version Control tools: SVN, GIT
Spy Tools: Firebug, Fire Path, Chropath, RanoreXPath
IDE tools: Eclipse IDE, MATLAB Editor
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Senior QA Analyst
- Participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Analyzed the User Stories and prepared detailed test cases for the new Functionality.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Testing and Regression Testing.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium WebDriver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes).
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven for Test Scripts.
- Performed Functional testing, Integration Testing and System Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked with Firebug, Fire path, Selenium screenshots, Action Classes, TestNG Groups, and Data Provider.
- Used Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven and Continuous integration tool as Jenkins.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time using TestNG, Selenium.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed End-To-End Testing.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Jira as Project Management tool.
- Executed test cases, test Scripts and reported defects in the defect tracking tool.
- Involved in developing automated UAT test cases using Cucumber in Gherkin format.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source control GIT.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operations team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Eclipse, Java-JDK TestNG, JIRA, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Maven, Jenkins, Apache POI, GIT, Chropath, Firebug, FirePath, Gherkin, MS SQL Server.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Senior Automation Test Engineer
- Performed the role of QA Test Automation engineer in a fast-paced agile team.
- Creating Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Cases manually for in-house developed products and software applications developed.
- Automated the test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Java.
- Worked in couple of projects across multiple teams simultaneously.
- Tested scripts in different versions of browsers using Selenium Grid by using Desired Capabilities.
- Handled mouse actions classes, alerts, window pop outs, Screenshots, Frames, External Excel Files.
- Designed automation test suites for regression testing using knowledge of java programming language and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Dependencies using Maven and Continuous Integration is done through Configuring Jenkins.
- Read External Files using Apache POI to automate the scripts.
- Used TestNG annotations like @parameters, @Data provider and @groups to bundle up the test cases, Test methods and test suites for regression testing.
- Used SVN for Source Code management.
- Involved in the enhancement of Hybrid framework, combination of Data driven and Keyword Driven using Eclipse and Java.
- Design object repository in the selenium framework using locators.
- Developed BDD Features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions using Cucumber in Gherkin language.
- Data validations for Backend testing is done through querying data in SQL server by running SQL queries.
- Extensively tested for browser content and compatibility of the application using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium WebDriver.
- Created Reports with the help of Log4j and Listeners class in TestNG.
- Used Defect management tool Rally to write test cases and to report bugs.
- Utilized knowledge of XML and experience of SOAPUI tool in Web Services testing in multi-tiered application architecture.
- Coordinating with other cross team to ensure the newly developed features function End-to-End.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Rally, Java, Perfecto Mobile, UNIX, Windows, Eclipse IDE, MS Office Tools, Agile, SQL, SVN.
Senior Quality Test Engineer
- Understanding client requirements and system functionalities.
- Involved in Requirements walkthrough with Product team and Knowledge transferring the same to team members.
- Wrote Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test scenarios using MS Office Suite and test Management tools.
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using MATLAB.
- Developed, documented and executed the test cases using FRS to verify and validating the newly added functionalities of dSPACE TargetLink.
- Responsible for Test Automation through writing and introducing novel MATLAB scripts, Data driven development (MS-EXCEL) and TestSuite (MATLAB APIs) frameworks in competence with Ranorex Studio (Java), thus reducing the effort and time taken during regression testing for future TargetLink versions. Been rewarded by the client for this achievement.
- Design, modelling and simulating various Mathworks Simulink® models as test data to test TargetLink. These Simulink models are designed using the MATLAB’s Control System toolbox, Common and Multirate blockset & dSPACE TargetLink AUTOSAR and is adhered to MAAB guidelines.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by using Ranorex and C# after each modification and enhancement.
- Used RanoreXPath expression to uniquely find the GUI Elements/widgets of TargetLink.
- MIL, SIL, PIL Testing of the TargetLink models to verify the optimization of the production code for specific Electronic Control Units.
- Used Tortoise SVN as a Project Management tool for version control of all the folders required for the project.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using IBM DOORS.
- Found Defects, prepared Test Reports, Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using JIRA.
- Served as the Configuration Controller in the project. Responsible to keep track of all the process related documents for example, Project Management Hand Book (PMHB), Process flow document, Issue tracker documents. Monitoring & managing the activities of Defect Prevention and Process Improvement (DPPI).
Environment: MATLAB, Simulink, TargetLink, Ranorex Recorder, IBM DOORS, JIRA, MS Office, MS EXCEL, RanoreXPath, TestSuite, C#, ANSI-C
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Wrote test Plans, test Cases, and test scenarios for monthly releases using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Involved in Regression testing of several Code changes or new functionality implementations in the SIT (System Integration Testing) environment of the application.
- Communicated the daily developments of the Automation to the Manager and other executives in the company.
- Coordinated the UAT testing process with business users and cross functional development teams for proper execution of UAT and prepared the required test data for business users.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project schedule and status.
- Maintained existing QTP scripts written for functional testing and enhancing the existing keyword-driven framework to meet the current need and to have an effective automation suite in accomplishing optimal results.
- Used record and playback options to capture the objects in QTP automation.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results and reported test defects in QC.
Environment: Manual Testing, QTP automation, HP Quality Centre, VBScript, SQL, MS Office suite.