- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Web based applications.
- Experience in Software Development life cycle (SDLC), agile and scrum (scrum works pro/sprint) environment.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP.
- Working experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing MAVEN targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and the Selenium library.
- Expertise in testing activities like Test case Development and Reviews, Test Execution, defect reporting and Test Automation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Proficiency in providing Metrics to management, Defect management including Defect creation, modification, reproducing (as necessary), tracking, prioritizing and reporting using Industry standard Tools like Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla and manually using excellent detailed formats in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, TestNG, Cucumber, Jira, QC/ALM
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug, Webdebugger
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows Variants, UNIX, Mac OS
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document, Software Design Document, Software Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Document.
- Extensively worked in agile environment, with daily scrum meetings; stand up meetings, presentations and review.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Develop Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Extensively used Selenium (data - driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/TestNG).
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using TestNG.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Cucumber framework.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Executed all Test Cases in all phases of testing like GUI Testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, System testing, end-to-end testing and UAT.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI and Performed Security testing for employee login validations.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and reporting them in Quality Center/ALM and following up the bug life cycle.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
- Weekly meeting with the management team and share the Status.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, Python, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Quality Center/ALM, Agile, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, HTML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for analysis of business user needs documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Used Python codes to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running Automated Tests.
- Developed MAVEN Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SOAP UI.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used Jira as Defect tracking tool.
- Performed Database testing to check the contents, number of rows and columns of the result set that was based on a SQL query created on the database.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress of the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, Python, Jira, SOAP UI, agile, MVC, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Analysis of Business requirements and develop Test Cases in Quality Center for the Functional, Integration, end-to-end, Usability and smoke testing.
- Performed the Manual/system Testing of the application
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete STLC Life Cycle.
- Managed defect reporting and tracking using Quality Center.
- Created, managed and executed Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Prepared Test Cases for each functional user story in sprint
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
- Managed weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, UNIX.