SUMMARY OF EXPERTISE:
- Around 7 years of experience as Software Development Engineer in Test which involved Web services testing, Automation, Component Integration testing, Regression testing and CI integration.
- Strong understanding of Agile & all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- In depth knowledge of SDLC and its various aspects like functionality, performance and integration. Expert in test scripts development and coordinating with development team to fix bugs.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver using JAVA, C sharp and Ruby.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Expert in writing groovy script to automate REST APIs using SoapUI pro tool 5.2.
- Experience in Sprint planning, Technical discussions, preparation of test analysis design and Test Case Design, Environment setup, execution of test cases and defect management.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven and Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Python and TestNG.
- Experience working in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings
- Knowledge in handling the Desktop & Web based objects with Sikuli & AutoIT using Selenium.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code in source controls like SVN, TFS and GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experience in bug and defect tracking tools like JIRA, ALM.
- Worked on CI/CD (Continuous integration & Deployment) & Jenkins framework.
- Excellent knowledge on Python scripting on Robot Framework.
- Excellent work experience on TestNG framework.
- Involved in the automation script code review at the end of every release.
- Involved in developing a web application for test team (tracks team members & their daily activities info) using AngularJS, HTML.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, SQL Scripts and performing Database testing.
- Proven skills in Leading and teams, Test Management and Meeting the deadlines
- Strong communication & interaction with Clients, Developers, Business Analysts, Management
- Experience in writing Dynamic Xpath using firebug.
- Experience in debugging the logs, analyze the issues and reporting the same to dev team.
- Experience in setting up the test environment in cloud foundry in the allocated test space.
- Experience in setup the redis database in cloud and used it to avoid network traffic.
- Experience in writing user stories in TFS.
- Experience in verifying the log files to ensure that no sensitive data has been logged in it.
- Used POSTMAN client, fiddler for testing REST APIs manually.
- Experience in preparing status reports on CI/CD automation results and sent to stake holders.
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers such as Apache
- Involved in production supports and maintenance of stable automation scripts.
Automation Test Tools: SoapUI Pro, Ready API, RESTful services, Swagger UI
Performance Test & Bug tracking Tools: BlazeMeter, Load Runner, JIRA
Operating system and Databases: Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012, LINUX MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, MySQL, Oracle
Manual Test Tools: Postman client, Fiddler, Jenkins, Cucumber, Swagger UI
Other utilities: Test Foundation system, GIT Repository, MTM, Cloud Foundry and AWS.
Defect management tool: DTS (Defect Tracking System), Bugzilla, JIRA and TFS, HP ALM
Programming Languages & Development tools: Core java, Angular 4, HTML, CSS, Java script, Groovy scriptingPython, Ruby, Cucumber, Typescript, Java script, C#, hibernateEclipse, Microsoft Visual studios and Junit.
Test Frameworks: Robot Framework, TestNG, BDD
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed the Test Plan and Scripts to be utilized in our testing and sign - off.
- Interacted with the offshore team to go through mock runs and verified testing results with Product owners for sign-off.
- Modifying and testing the code changes, supporting those changes through the complete phases of moving it into production.
- Developed automated test cases to test the application using python on Robot framework.
- Requirements were gathered from client meeting & implemented the Test Plan.
- Designed test cases & combined into a test suite.
- Involved with Development & QA team to suggest the application enhancements & make it more user friendly.
- Developed automated scripts using Robot framework for GUI, Functional & Regression testing.
- Experience in Flash objects and Windows base application with Selenium webdriver and Sikuli.
- Logged & tracked bugs with JIRA.
- Resolved development flaws in to the bugs logged against it.
- Enhanced the performance of the client with new functions in the code.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins to automate routine jobs.
- Daily stand up team meetings to discuss the status & future work for automation.
- Analyzed BlazeMeter load test results and reported Response Time and Bottlenecks.
- Participated in walkthroughs with the management and development team.
- Conducted End to end test to ensure integrity in the system.
Environment: JIRA, Excel, Blazemeter, Docker, Oracle DB, Python, Java, Trello board, Robot Framework, Selenium, Sikuli, GitHub, Bitbucket, MySQL, Windows 8, Jenkins, PUTTY, AXE (Accessibility tool)
Confidential, New York, NY
- As a Software Test Engineer, Prepared Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the Functional document received.
- Analyzed Business Requirements created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Tested for APIs using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Validated web services using Groovy Scripts in SOAP UI.
- Produced and integrated the REST API and MySQL databases unassisted
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Tested major functionalities based on customer requirements.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Testing Web Services, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using SOAP UI.
- Validated SOAP UI and Restful API services.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins. Prepared test data, reviewing and executing the test cases.
- Tracked defects using bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Interacted with developers to understand the system better and to resolve issues.
- Closely worked with scrum master and attended daily SCRUM meetings (AGILE methodology) to give daily testing status and discuss about the roadblocks if any
- Tracked status of all defects logged for each module on the daily basis and updating the team lead through emails and status trackers. Involved in preparing defect status reports.
- Involved in regression testing.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Performed requirement feasibility analysis and identified test scenarios/test objectives
- Involved in gathering business requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers, and business.
- Contributed to the preparation of the defect management, communication and Test scope sections of the test plan.
- Involved in comprehensive testing of the web-based Business-to-business logistics application which is a fulfillment order management system.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Identified end-to-end test cases, regression suites and system test cases.
- Involved in Test data identification and gathering
- Documented test cases and performed peer reviews on the team mate’s work.
- Responsible for Smoke and Sanity test.
- Experience with Eclipse and Tomcat setup in local and testing with latest code.
- Creating Step definition, Runner class to run the Cucumber integrated selenium scripts.
- Developed Test cases, test scenarios, performed planned and exploratory testing in TFS/MTM.
- Perform Mobile test using different mobile testing devices and different platform like iOS, Android and mobile web.
- Web testing, Mobile testing, database testing, GUI testing, integration testing, production support, functionality and Regression testing were performed as a part of different quality activities such as bug tracking and control.
- Building scenarios, status codes, error handling and failure reasons for all the modules (cos rewards, servicing calls, helper classes in ruby.
- Performed elaborate functional testing for Admin module along with exploratory testing of the entire site. Also, worked on test case maintenance when necessary.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on browsers Chrome 2.0 and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 & 6.0 versions
- JIRA was used for issue tracking in case of environmental issues
- HP ALM/Bugzilla was used for test management and defect management
- Created a Traceability Matrix to ensure 100% test coverage
- Prepared and sent daily reports - test execution report and bug report
- Collection of metrics - test execution and defect metrics.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Data Driven and Key Word Driven Frameworks, Selenium Grid, SOAP UI, HTML5, XML, JIRA (Agile Management Tool).
Confidential, Erie, PA
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Used Postman to check the response of various API's.
- Used Swagger UI as a visual documentation for back-end implementation and client-side consumption.
- Expertise on Mobile App automation testing Using APPIUM.
- Worked on mobile testing for iOS and android devices for native application and hybrid application
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Data driven testing Selenium WebDriver using TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites.
- SQL queries for database validation.
- Defects were tracked and prioritized using Quality Center and analyzed the variation between expected result and actual result.
- Maintaining Banking environments to mitigate customer downtime, sustain equipment longevity and performance, and achieve compliance with NCR expectations.
Environment: Windows 8, Web application, Selenium Grid/Webdriver, SOAP UI, HTML5, XML, Java Script, UNIX, Jira, POSTMAN, AppDynamics, Junit, Soap UI, Sprint Driven Development, Cucumber, XPath, Swagger UI, CSS, Firebug, SQL, Oracle.
- Requirement analysis and raising DS Review comments.
- Evaluated the data quality of Confidential maps before going into production and worked closely with Engineers, Product Managers and Operations team to address high priority issues.
- Extracted and analyzed proprietary geodata using SQL queries, Pivot tables and visualized the data using charts and dashboards.
- Performed quality audits for new maps stages as they are rolled out to global team and provided constructive feedback to different client teams.
- Involved in reporting the daily status to the client managers against the project schedule, metrics preparation, review the test artifacts and knowledge transition to the team on requirement understanding, test procedure and test tool usage.
- Involved in TAD preparation, Impact analysis preparation, Test case design preparation and peer review of it.
- Conducting daily standup meetings and take the status from the team members.
- Allocating Test Environment setup for testing and test case execution to the team members.
- Test scripts preparation for automation and validating the scripts in the 1D build.
- Prepared SQL queries and Stored procedures to load the data into the DB before running the automated scripts.
- Have done DB testing by executing basic oracle and SQL commands.
- Raised the bugs in the JIRA tool and assigning the bugs to the respective developer.
- Tested the fixed bugs and updated the bug status.
- Have done regression testing whenever a new CR has been introduced in the system.
- Have maintained common libraries across the teams to reduce the code duplication.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 7, SSMS, Microsoft Visio, SQL, HP ALM
- Designed a ground communication for aerospace vehicle.
- This communication helped the vehicle to communicate with the remote system that monitored the activities and checked the health of the aerospace vehicle.
- Primarily used C++ to develop the code.
- Created many small applications during the course one of which is, implementing Conway's Game of Life using test driven development in java.
- Uncovered Agile Software Design principles, practices and design patterns.
- The project intends to provide security to the messages transferred between the mobile devices within the smart home.
- The messages are encrypted and various encryption algorithms are used to provide security.
- Improve quality of service for the Open Flow network dynamically.
- Application is triggered automatically when congestion occurs and improves the quality of the service.
- Created a program that senses humidity using Lab View application.
- Monitored the temperature using the program.
Environment: Windows, VxWorks, QNX, OpenVMS, OpenFlow virtual network, Lab View application