- Over 6+ Years of diverse experience in the Information Technology industry with a focus on Software Quality Assurance (QA/Software Testing) activities.
- Excellent understanding of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies. Good understanding of AGILE, Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience in Automation Testing and Exploratory Manual Testing (Black Box/White Box Testing) on Web - based applications.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber and Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Expert in developing Java Selenium/ WebDriver test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG/ Junit to perform Functional and Unit Testing.
- Experience in using Jenkins/Hudson as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Ant/Maven.
- Have Java coding experience in Eclipse IDE for functional testing and regression testing for web based N-Tier applications.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in designing Automated Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and writing Selenium Automation Scripts for Sanity and Regression testing.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, Smoke testing, User Interface testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experience in designing automation scripts in order to eliminate excessive repeatable manual cycles.
- Experience in Using Quality Center extensively for Establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, Jmeter, Cucumber, Jenkins, PostMan
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, Clear Quest, BugZilla
Languages: C, C++, Java, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
Project Management: Agile & Waterfall, TDD
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Version Controls: SVN, CVS, GIt
Databases: SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, Oracle 11g/10g.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX and Linux
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in preparing test strategies for client side verifications and validations.
- I have worked on Loan originating process application, were to create test plan, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test cases, logged and reports bugs.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Extensively worked on selenium web Driver with the preferred Languages Java, C Sharp, Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Used TestNG Framework performed unit testing. Used Eclipse IDE executed and tested various functional modules in Java code using assertion.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven .
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Conducted oracle database tests by executing SQL queries to ensure the data integrity by checking various kinds of constraints.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Performed regression tests on the application to assure proper functionality of the site after new builds using Clear Quest.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, Xpath, Firebug, Firepath, Agile, SQL, DHTML, Quality center HTML, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, PL/SQL Developer, UNIX, Windows 7.
Confidential, Jersey, NJ
QA Test Engineer
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg and Eclipse IDE.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Created automated Test Suite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed the Black box testing using Java.
- Developed Session beans and Web components (Servlets, JSP) using WSAD.
- Performed white box testing using TestNg class, method, & web services testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Design and prepared test plans for Black Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation.
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BBD.
- Created automation scripts in Soap UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Automated code downloads and email notifications using UNIX Shell scripts.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding the Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to the Source system.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked closely with business analysts and developers for thorough requirements review and developing test scenarios.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java.
- Developed System Test Cases and procedures to test various application points.
- Initially involved in creating a Manual Test Cases in Quality Center. Tests were grouped into test plan and executed. Results were recorded and published to management.
- Involved in Look and Feel testing of the application windows using the deliverables.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Performed Webservice Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Soap UI.
- Performed Data Driven Testing of the web service using Data Source and Data Loop.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Created Test Sets to do Functional and Data Driven Testing on the Webservice.
- Performed Database Testing by passing SQL Queries and retrieved information from Database.
- Ran SQL queries to perform Backend Testing.
- Quality Center was used as the overall Test Management Tool, where scripts were located and stored under respective Project Folders.
- Performed Defect tracking in QC. Defects were linked via traceability to specific test case.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Quality Center, XML, HTML, XPath, SOAP UI, MS Word, MS SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium and Junit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows Environment.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Created test plans & test cases for system and integration testing of the application and execute manual test cases and automate test scripts.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Reported and tracked the Bugs through HP Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest.
- Maintained the regression suite through monitoring a series of shell scripts.
- Facilitated the Customer in defining the high-level Functional Requirements and needs.
- Participated in the test environment setup and in ensuring that the facilities, tests and scripts are in place to successful performance of the required testing effort.
- Conducted Regression testing for the changes made to the Web-based application.
- Conducted manual testing to check the Functionality, Security and Regression during various phases of the development of the application.
- Used Quality Center as the defect-tracking tool to enter defects regarding the issues found during testing.
- Responsible for dealing with developers and business analysts to better understand requirements, functionality and business process for QA testing.
- Coordinated with the Project Team and Configuration Management Team for build release.
- Involved in Coordinating with offshore teams.
Environment: Manual Testing, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Windows.