- Over 7+years of experience in Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing of Mobile, Web, Windows, Web Services, Client/Server applications and databases.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and worked on Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Experience in designingTest Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts &Test reports by using client requirements.
- Worked collaboratively with Clients at Onshore and offshore teams to establish and maintain consistent test methodology and resolve any requirements ambiguities during the testing process.
- Lead daily Scrum, Sprint review,backlog&Sprint planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.Manage interdependencies between teams.Provided scrum daily notes, reviews,current tasks & roadblocks that need to clear.
- Worked in collaboration On behalf of TestingWing with PO, PM, BA and Developers team to build requirement logs (product backlog) with cost estimates, prioritize user stories and determine the Acceptance Criteria for the different sprints. Worked with team to establish the "Definition of Done".
- Expert in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, IDE, Grid, and Quick Test pro(QTP)/UFT.
- Hands on experience indeveloping Appium scripts using both Java and Python languages for mobile applications, Identifying objects using UI Automator tol for Android and Appium Inspector for IOS with xcode expertise usauge.
- Proficient in the Web Debugging Tools Firebug, Fire path and Xpath to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, NUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/TeamCity for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in doing performance testing of service using JMeter, HP Load Runner.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Python, Java, C#, .Net, VB Script.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, Confluence, Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Expertise in performing AndroidEmulators & IOS Simulators for Mobile Automation Testing using Appium for Native, Hybrid and Web Based mobile applications.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with Mongo DB, MySQL,SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Experience with source version control tools such as Git, Subversion (SVN), TFS, GitHub and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Apache POI to read data from external sources like Excel Spread Sheets for validations.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office tools (MS - Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Experienced in using Selenium automation frameworks POM, & Hybrid like Data-driven, Keyword frameworks.
- Executed test scripts in headless browsers like HtmlUnit driver and PhatomJS etc.
- Experienced in Test Driven development(TDD), Acceptance Test Driven development(ATDD) and Behavior driven development (BDD) using Cucumber / Gherkin.
- Implemented cloud based automation on Sauce Labs and Browser Stack for various applications with various combinations of OS and browsers.
- Experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing, Regression Testing, user acceptance testing(UAT), integration testing, system testing, performance testing, White Box Testing, Black Box testing, sanity testing, exception testing, API Testing, Cross browser testing, compatibility testing & security testing.
- Expertise in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) , Daily/Weekly Status Report , Defect Report, and Project Report.
- Regularly assess testing progress and prepare test status report for management. Communicate with QA manager about testing progress, needs and any organizational/quality/technical risk/issue that might have an impact on the ability of the testing team to perform testing activities, developed auto reporting to all levels of managers.
- Jenkins implementation of Regression suite to run every day after all builds is successful and at auto Git checkouts and implemented handy environment for manual and devleopers with parametrize Jenkin Jobs .
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, QTP/UFT, JMeter, HP load Runner, SOAP, Gatling, RESTFUL, Protractor, Manual Testing, Appium (Android & iOS Testing).
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, ATDD, BDD, Hybrid Testing, Cucumber, Gherkin, TestNG, Junit, NUnit, log4j.
Programming Languages: Java, C#, .Net, Python.
Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, PhantomJS.
Operating System: Windows Variants, Unix, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android.
Database tools: SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g, MySQL, SQL.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM Quality Center, Jira, Confluence, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Rational Clear quest.
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, JSON, Xpath, XCode, XSD, XSL, XSLT, JSP, AJAX, CSS
MS Office Tools: MS Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Word
Other Utilities: Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, IntelliJ, SQL, GIT, SVN,Bitbucket, TFS, Sauce Labs, AWS, Azure.
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression, Black Box, White Box Testing, Localization Testing, Google Analytics Testing, Functional Testing, Performance, Smoke, Sanity, API, Unit testing.
Confidential, San Diego, CA.
Sr. QA Automation Mobile App Tester(Android/iOS)
- Reviewed project artifacts , analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan , and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics , test logs and test summary reports .
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Python, TestNG, Appium.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple Platforms, OS and browsers and parallel execution on resources.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Python and Required API’s time to time by requirement.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed the Parameterized Jenkins jobs to give handy execution for all types of testing from other teams and manual team and BAT facility for developers with out any cost.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Python language.
- Responsible for Git maitainence with code reviews and maiantaining the pull requests and guiding the interdependicies.
- Hand on experience using the tools such as X code, Android Studio and ADB commands, real devices set up for test execution and installing the IOS and Android build into real devices.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing. Used Cucumber , Appium , Xcode for Native Mobile Application automation testing for iOS and Android platform,and on real devices.
- Prepared the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis and Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Excellent knowledge in using the GitHub involved in writing the defects in GitHub and maintain Git with all previlages and manage with forking clone for other teams (onsite/offshore) by latest code and version of the build with code merges and branching internally, trained new staff and proposed concepts to teams with demo’s and documented everything.
- Worked closely with developers and performed unit testing on their local build to test few bugs to fix immediately.
- Sprint by sprint based on the stories in JIRA we used to execute the test cases send reposrts and logs from Jenkins and move the stories based on the acceptance criteria met or not, and files defects with all types of logs and information.
- Developed release to release stable versions of scripts & moved testing into automation and reduced the manual testing.
- Used TestRail for TestCase Mangement andcontributed the automation for every mile stone in project.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Responsible for implementing LoadRunner, Performance center, JMeter based infrastructure including: Architecting the load testing infrastructure, hardware & software integration with LoadRunner .
- Wrote automated scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Prepared manual & function test cases on web and mobile applications (iOS&Android) as per requirements.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Designed, Developed, Executed and Maintained automated Test Scripts using by BDD ( Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) testing framework with Cucumber and Gherkin Language.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI .
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the database and investigate for solutions using data analysis practices and prepare analysis reports .
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, white box testing, Integration, System, Regression tests based on analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Grid, SQL Server, Git, Oracle, SOA testing, JAVA, J2EE, Gherkin, Agile, Groovy Scripting, Python Scripting, DOM, Cucumber, Sonar Cube, JMeter,HP ALM Quality Center, BDD, Appium, Perfecto, End to End Testing, Protractor,HP Load Runner, Jenkins, UAT, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Regression Testing, white box testing,Maven, Apache POI, Eclipse, XCode, TestNG, Windows, Linux, iOS.
Confidential, North Miami, FL.
QA Automation Engineer and Mobile Test Engineer.
- Created Automation Test Scripts using Java TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/Grid and Github and Jenkins for CI.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing , testing manually on the first release of the application.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and testing strategy.
- Analyze business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the Scripts on different browsers.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple nodes and browsers.
- Responsible for implementation of Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java and integratd with Jenkins managed Test auto reporting and defect raise based acceptance creteria.
- Used Cucumber , Appium , Xcode for Native Mobile Application automation testing for iOS and Android platform
- Designing and developing test strategy, test plan, test cases and generating test reports and defect reports.
- Used Java programming features to enhance the test cases and optimize the code.
- Performed both single test runs and batch test executions of Selenium scripts for this application.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium and Published html test reports and shared with client.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools ( Jenkins ) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Experienced in data retrieving and executing stored procedure in SQL for database testing .
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI PRO web services testing tool.
- Developed script and performed Web Services testing using SOAP UI pro tool for functional and regression testing.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using HP ALM and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android ) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium,TestNG, Maven,Grid, Mysql, Cucumber, Webservices, JSON, JAVA, J2EE,Gherkin, Groovy Scripting,Python, DOM, Test Plans, Git, HP ALM Quality Center, Protractor, JMeter, Jenkins, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Shell Scripting, XCode, Agile Methodology, iOS, Windows, Linux, Unix.
Confidential, Miami, FL.
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Active participation in the stages of Agile Software Development Life cycle and having a good understanding of the requirements of the customer.
- Followed the SDLC process, used requirements documents to create testing strategytest estimates, documenting test plans and identifying testing risks, and developing test scenarios and test cases.
- Worked collaboratively with Clients at Onshore to establish and maintain consistent test methodology and resolve any requirements ambiguities during the testing process.
- Involvement in automation environment setup using Visual studio, C#, maven, WebDriver, Cucumber and TestNG.
- Worked on Behavior driven development and Acceptance Test Drivendevelopment using Cucumber features, Scenarios, and step definitions.
- Used Maven as the build management tool and ran Cucumber tests as Maven tests after adding surefire and maven compiler plugins.
- Responsible in creating, executing, and reviewing Functional & Integration test cases based on the business and functional requirements.
- Located the Web Elements using Firebug in Firefox browser.
- Have developed test scripts for functionalities accessing different types of alerts, drag, and drop actions and mouse hover actions.
- Implemented Page Object Model design pattern for Data Driven and Keyword Driven frameworks using Selenium and python.
- Performed Data driven testing in Cucumber using Examples keyword to get Table data for limited sets of data and for many sets used the data from excel files.
- Developed Selenium test scripts using TestNG annotations and generated TestNG report to review test results, compared Jenkins reports and reported accordingly.
- Developed automation scripts and extracted data from excel sheets using Apache POI library.
- Performed functional, cross browser and compatibility testing on various browsers and platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Used SQL statements extensively to perform Database Testing.
- Performed cloud based Sauce Labs for web automation for different Environments.
- Responsible for validating the functionalities of the web services including the offers system and orders using SOAPUI over HTTP.
- Generated test Report for the test scripts using Allure plugins in Maven project object model.
- Source code management and code sharing is done using Bitbucket.
- Scheduled the Jobs using continuous integration tool Hudson and setup the email notifications.
- Log, track, and verify resolution for all software and specification defects in JIRA.
- In JIRA used Business Components, Test Plan, Test Resources, and Test lab module for Automation and manual Business Process Testing.
- Following BDD approach, used cucumber to write the feature file and develop the steps using Ruby scripts & Calabash .
- Timely escalations to the management’s notice for any major/blocking issues.
- Performing a variety of software testing including unit, functional, usability, system integration, regression, cross browser and OS compatibility, mobile application, and performance testing.
- Interaction with onsite coordinators, Dev and PMs for clarifications or other needs.
- Participated in scrum, sprint meetings and initiated team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, POM, Cucumber, SOAP, RESTFUL, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Calabash(Android), Ruby, Ruby mine, Appium(for iOS) Apache POI, SQL, Bitbucket, JIRA, Maven, Hudson.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia.
Manual / QTP Analyst
- Interacting with Peers and Developers to clarify the issues related to Test Data, Test cases design Flow, Features , and Functionality of application
- Created and executed test cases using Visual Studio. The test results are mentioned step by step in the visual studio.
- In backlog page move the items that you expect to work on into the current sprint in visual studio
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS) to track projects
- Drafted detailed Test Steps to be followed for Test Automation using QTP .
- Parameterized test scripts in QTP to pass data from different data sources like Excel spreadsheets
- Extensively involved in developing VBScript for automation using QTP.
- Creating and modifying functions for different functionality and add in Function library, Load this function library in each test.
- Creating different Recovery scenarios and add it to in Recovery scenario folder in Quality Center Test plan. Add recovery scenarios with tests.
- Performing responsibilities of object identification and performing Data Driven Testing .
- Handling the tasks of running test, debugging, and enhancing applications.
- Handling unexpected events that occur during the Test Run.
- Performing Backend testing by creating and executing SQL queries.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
- Developing test cases, test scenarios and user flows for various platforms.
- The bugs detected were recorded and notified to developers and managers using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Reporting services which cover Build information, Test results and progress, project management, agile reports bug with the help of TFS and Closely interacted with developers to fix bugs.
- Participated in Code Review, QA meetings, Project status meetings and Defect tracking meetings.
- Evaluated and implemented QA process improvements for ongoing testing.
Environment: VBScript, QTP, Visual studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SQL, Agile, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista, Linux, MS office.
QA Analyst /Manual/Automation
- Analyzed the business requirements, functional specifications and designed appropriate use cases, test plans and test strategy.
- Tested the application in a dynamic environment with the sprint team using Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Estimating the effort, doing the plan, and involved in analysis, design, testing and writing the installation or user guide documents.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Junit, Maven, Jenkins for automation.
- Developed Hybrid framework to retrieve test actions, test data from excel files using Page Object Model design pattern.
- Configured maven for Selenium automation projects and developed project object model.
- Used hub and node concept of Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and browser combinations in parallel.
- Implemented JUnit framework with Selenium for parallel execution, code maintainability, and generated reports.
- Developed Selenium script for taking Screenshot and used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Have developed test scripts for complex functionalities accessing the UI elements like date time pickers, links, frames, and tables.
- Extensively executed SQL queries on SQL Server and Oracle database to validate the data.
- Implemented cloud based Sauce Labs to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and check compatibility.
- Used Continuous Integration tool Travis for scheduling Jobs and for Regression testing.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java automation code and resources in source controls SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Generated Allure test report using allure Plugins and reported to development team and higher management.
- Worked extensively on JIRA modules- test plan, defects, and reports and created defects using JIRA.
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities, and tracked the defects until resolution using Quality Center.
- Upon testing completion, identify test cases that would be added to the regression test suite, both manual and automated.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Data Validation Testing.
- Production support activities, handling the change requests from customer and writing the installation documents for both software installation and software usage.
- Reviewed test scripts to emulate scenarios that will likely be encountered by the actual customers.
- Participated in daily scrum meeting and got used to agile development methodology.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, JUnit, Selenium Grid, Maven, Sauce Labs, Travis, JIRA, SVN.