- Sr. QA Lead / Automation Architect with over 18 years of experience in Information Technology industry involving analysis, design, both Manual and Automated testing of Client Server as well as Web applications
- Strong Financial, Banking, E - commerce, Telecom OSS/BSS systems, Healthcare and Insurance Industry background with experience in integrated financial trading systems, regulatory reporting, risk management and back-office platforms, ETL systems, Collections and Cash Accounting systems as well as Disability & Casualty Insurance.
- Extensive experience in Agile (Certified Scrum Master) projects working as a Team Lead implementing agile management ideals by facilitating exercises such as sprint planning and team leading standups, managing project timelines and communicating with management and clients to ensure project progressed satisfactorily.
- Extensive experience working as a Business Analyst leading successful JAD sessions with end users and clients for the purposes of performing gap analysis, deriving functional/non-functional requirements and document decisions on the future state of the systems and processes.
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering, creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Hands-on experience with process modeling using Unified Modeling Language (UML) including use case, sequence, activity and deployment diagrams.
- Possess experience in performing manual and automated testing including Backend, Front-end, Regression, Functional, System, Interface, Black box, White box, Greybox, Integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End to End, System, Unit, Sanity, Security, Proxy and Smoke testing, Stress/Load testing in Performance testing for Web based and Client Server Applications on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Experience in managing onsite-offshore teams of 20+ members, training QA staff and resource allocations.
- Proficient in writing Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Scripts / cases, Test Scenarios and Test Data for both manual and automated Testing.
- Proficient in editing and validating Unix, Perl & Shell Scripts.
- Proficient in the use of HP Quality Center, VS Team System 2010 and SpiraTeam for Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Test evaluation and graphing.
- Proficient in using HP UFT / QTP, LoadRunner, Borland Star Team, PVCS and familiar with SFDC/SDLC/PDLC methodologies (Agile, XP), Waterfall, Vmodel, Spiral model) in the testing of applications developed through the use of such tools as Oracle, XML, HTML, UNIX, ASP, JAVA, J2EE and JSP, .Net and Siebel applications.
- Expert in API testing for SOAP and RESTful web services using Swagger, SOAPUI, Postman, Selenium with Python, ROBOT Framework, VB Script, creating data driven tests, error handling and debugging and running the tests for Continuous Integration using Jenkins & GitHub
- Experience with TSL, Python, Shell scripting, VB Script, creating GUI maps, data driven tests, error handling and debugging
- Experienced in designing and implementing Load and Stress automated tests on Web Based applications and client server applications on various platforms including C++, Mainframes, ASP, Java, and VB.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Proficient in database testing using SQL queries (Using Toad, SQL Server visual studio etc.) and different joins on multiple tables performing Backend Testing on Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Sybase platforms.
- Knowledge in planning, designing, developing and deploying Data Warehouses / Data Marts with experience of both relational & multidimensional database design.
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling of Star Schemas, Snow-Flake Schemas Methodologies for building enterprise data warehouses.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, DHTML, XHTML, XML, Web Logic, Apache, Java Web Server
IDEs: ASP, VISUAL INTERDEV, VB.NET, ASP.NET, DREAMWEAVER
Languages: Visual Basic, Crystal Reports, Python, PHP, SQL, PERL, Mainframes, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script, VBA (Macros), Shell and Perl
Performance Testing: LoadRunner, JMeter
Processes: Rational Unified Process (RUP), OOAD, SEI/CMM
Databases: ORACLE, DB2, ETL, MICROSOFT ACCESS, MS EXCEL, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, RDBMS
Operating Systems: WINDOWS, DOS, UNIX
Networking: SMTP, TCP/IP, FTP, SS7, IS826, IS771, CDMA, GSM, INTRANET
Applications: QUALITY CENTER (QC), HP UFT / QTP, SELENIUM, REACT, ROBOT, Micro services, Selenium, RATIONAL TOOLS, TOAD, CMS, AWS, Jenkins, GIT
Confidential, New York, NY
Lead QA Engineer (Consultant)
- Performed extensive Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the BEAP website using Selenium WebDriver creating Python functions and procedures implementing ROBOT framework.
- Tested the RESTful BEAP(Bloomberg Enterprise Access Point) API with Python scripts and automated the testing with ROBOT framework and POSTMAN tool integrated with Jenkins to run for Continuous Integration
- Performed gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategized future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
- Performed Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for the BEAP web application as well REST API.
- Generated and analyzed results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework in Selenium WebDriver.
- Provided efficient locators strategy like Xpath and CSS to run making use of Page Object model for regression testing.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share and check out test code.
- Used Jenkin as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Coordinated the UAT testing by guiding the users during UAT, logged the defects encountered during UAT.
Confidential, Uniondale, NY
QA Lead / Team Lead
- Worked as the Agile Team Lead implementing agile management ideals by facilitating exercises such as sprint planning and team leading standups, managing project timelines and communicating with management and clients to ensure project progressed satisfactorily
- Facilitated Scrum daily standup, product backlog, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospective agile ceremonies
- Worked as a QA Lead assisting an offshore team of 10 QA automation testers resolving conflicts across team, reviewing the schedules and plans, mitigating the risks, checking quality in phases, updating management & building a challenging and motivating environment
- Created and automated data-driven test scenarios for interfaces that integrate with the system to ensure that data imports and exports are exchanged between them as expected
- Cross checked the data properties within the Integration layer with technical/business specification using WSLD, XSD and XML.
- Analyzed Regulatory Reporting requirements, created test data, documented use cases and testing procedures as well as assisted in the functional testing of AxiomSL products.
- Prepared test data for technical requirements data validation for the integrated data systems.
- Created the test plan, test strategy and test scenarios with the traceability matrix for white box, black box as well as performance testing
- Queried the data from SQL server database using SQL (Joins, aggregate functions, string functions, date and time function, if conditions, having, etc.) for validation.
- Extensively used Jira, QTP, JMeter, BLAST (proprietary tool) and Devtrack for logging defects, requirements management, drafting test cases, test executions, performance testing and reporting.
- Experience in building, debugged, enhanced, refactored, and maintained a comprehensive automated framework for web application and API testing utilizing Swagger, Postman, Python, Selenium WebDriver, Unittest and PyTest
- Queried Datamart to confirm proper implementation of ETL Data transformation and test cases, resulting in identification of data transfer and defects.
- Used debugging skills for failure analysis of the automated scripts
- Conducted bi-weekly meetings with the project and team members to update the testing progress and to escalate any issues. Updated and maintained the status and defect reports regularly using SharePoint tool.
- Managed shared object repository, recovery scenarios, environment variable files, function libraries, data files, driver script file etc. periodically with QTP
- Managed onshore/offshore QA teams to perform functional, end-to-end and regression testing monitoring defects; ensuring defects are documented, prioritized, resolved and implemented for release
- Conducted UAT and worked closely with business users to obtain system acceptance
- Created automated scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) & BLAST after identifying the reusable scenarios and also amended the scripts using descriptive programming
Confidential, New York, NY
- Managed and co-coordinated different module projects, resource sharing, project timelines and resolved resource allocations, generated reports and analysis charts using templates and customized them according to the requirements using MS Project
- Managed current and future projects along with upper management, other project managers and business managers. Interacted with other QA team leads also in the process.
- Used requirements analyzing skills in order to understand the requirements from the business and created the test cases and scripts accordingly
- Extensively involved in automating the entire Ads Scheduling system using HP QTP.
- Made use of the Ad Sales Trafficking system ‘Gabriel’ in order to improve operational efficiency, productivity and profitability, giving clients a sustainable competitive advantage
- Implemented LoadRunner Testing tool in order to perform performance testing of the designed application
- Performed functionality and compatibility testing for the browser based UI testing
- Tested the web-based application using open source content management system - Kentico CMS for ASP.NET
- Created process documents, reporting specifications and templates, training material and slideshow presentations for the application development teams and management
- Performed integration backend testing using database querying tools such as TOAD and SQL Query Analyzer in order to write complex SQL queries
- Worked as an admin to all Quality Center projects; created new projects, given user access, created custom fields and developed complex workflows using VB script in HP Quality Center and VS Team System.
- Performed Black Box testing including Integration Testing, Functional, User Interface, Model Testing, Performance and End to End Testing
- Exhibited strong analytical and diagnostic skills in order to identify the issues in the functionality of the application and proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills for creating and maintaining relationships with internal resources and stakeholders and external vendors
- Suggested the alternative web designs to business leads in the weekly meetings to improve the web portal performance and user friendliness.
- Made use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio) for planning and creating documentation and data flow diagrams
- Developed a very high level project status report (RICE Report) customized using Excel, MS project plan macros and Excel functions.
- Performed UNIX shell scripting when required for creating test scripts and executing them without using the user interface
Environment: Microsoft Project, Quality Center, QTP, ClearQuest, Gabriel, Rational Tools, LoadRunner, .NET, Kentico CMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, HP UNIX & Windows XP, SOAP Web services, MS Access
QA Lead / Sr. BA
- Worked extensively on Trade Processing systems, Fixed Income Bonds. Developed test cases and automated scripts on Post trade settlements for different trade origins.
- Defined, built and maintained a stable, and production mirrored environment.
- Managed client and development expectations regarding timeline for release into QA and production environments.
- Managed releases into the client testing environment.
- Recorded defects in an agreed format and worked with development to identify sources.
- Validated application impact on stability of production environment.
- Grouped releases into packages for UAT and production release.
- Coordinated with GSD for release into pre-prod and prod environments.
- Communicated with clients throughout the release process.
- Used Quality Center in order to prepare Test Cases with the complete description of requirements of the client.
- Performed end-to-end testing of the consolidation system for listed options, equities OTC, bonds, credit default swaps, interest rate swaps and bonds that provided historic and current reports, sensitivities, explained and predicted PnL.
- Created automated scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) and also amended the scripts in the expert view.
- Queried against database to fetch the records of transactions in the database using the concepts of joins, aggregate functions, string functions, Union, Group by, Order by etc. using SQL and T-SQL.
- Extensively worked on JIRA to log issues. Also, created projects, test sets, and test plan tree using HP Quality Center and Integrated Test Reports to VS Team System.
- Mapped the manual, automation End to End and Smoke test scripts (QTP) to Quality Center and executed the QTP scripts using Quality Center API.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and walkthroughs or weekly QA testing reviews.
- Executed the test scripts individual and using batch processing technique.
- Performed database testing of relational databases systems by writing complex SQL queries.
Environment: Test Director /Quality Center, ClearQuest, Rational Tools, Oracle9i/8i, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, HTML, XML, HP UNIX & Windows XP
- Used Project Management and Requirements Management tools like MS Project in order to manage the different projects, resources and timelines.
- Executed and maintained scripts in QC; prepared dashboard reports using SQL in Quality center and Visual Studio Team Suite, TFS. Performed Grey Box, Black Box, and White box testing for MS 360 application with the help of developers.
- Prepared a very high level project and test plan for the different Healthcare EMR systems.
- Extensively Worked on SOAP UI (SOA) for web services testing; mocking operations, WSDLs, SOAP etc.
- Created End to End test suites, requests, validated XML messages, transferring properties, Script assertions etc. using SOUP UI (Web services SOA); Performed data driven testing using SOAP UI (Web services SOA).
- Involved in mainframes testing using DB2 and compared the user data by manipulating with excel macros. Performed a group operation by preparing and executing Perl and Java scripts.
- Interacted with business users and business analysts in order to gather requirements and build test cases accordingly.
- Produced and maintained documentation regarding the steps required in the release process.
- Developed test plans, test cases and test approach documents using Test Director.
- Created test cases and test procedures based on Functional Requirements.
- Performed GUI Test, Smoke test, System test, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Performance test.
- Made use of QTP in order to perform Integration and Regression testing.
- Created tests using both recording and programming. While recording test, inserted checkpoints including GUI, Bitmap, Database, and Synchronization Checkpoints to check the behavior of the application being tested.
- Functionally tested the complete TriZetto’s QXNT based application for its functionality, performance, integration, web-compatibility and user interface.
- Designed, developed and ran Test Scripts for Automation testing using QTP.
- Tracked defects, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Test Director.
Environment: Microsoft Project, EMR systems, QTP, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Java, J2EE, JSP, C, C++, XML, Perl, Tuxedo, Victria, QNXT, Oracle8i, SQL, PL/SQL, .NET, Web Logic Server, Windows 95/NT and HP UNIX.
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Modified and converted test requirements, logged defects using Defects Tab module in Test Director for business purposes. Responsible for managing, testing and reporting on GI Module(Insurance) which dealt with property and casualty insurance, collateral, entities etc.
- Involved in manual and automated testing to test Simple Search, Advanced Search, Entity and Security rating pages, SF Performance Tool (ABS, RMBS) and Compare Tool (ABS, RMBS), CSD Search Tool(GI), user entitlements, and alerts.
- Performed sanity tests and build validations on weekly builds on Structured Finance (ABS, RMBS, CMBS, and CDO), GI and PF functionalities. Also performed a very detailed user acceptance testing (UAT), End to End, Black Box, Smoke and Integration test on SF, PF Modules in order to know that the product is designed/ working as per the business standards.
- Managed current and future projects along with upper management, other project managers and business managers. Interacted with QA team leads also in the process.
- Formulated Test Plans from Business Requirements/Function Specifications documents.
- Created several Test cases that covered the entire Functionality of UAT using Test Director and also created test documentation.
- Wrote and executed Test scripts to verify the test cases using Win Runner.
- Involved in developing test cases for Smoke and Regression testing.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test cases.
- Performed the navigational testing, object load and timing verifications, browser page testing.
- Manually performed functional testing that included Security and Systems Testing.
- Involved in Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational databases systems by writing complex SQL queries.
- Tested security privileges of the application using different User Ids and passwords.
- Reported defects on any failures in the script using Test Director.
Environment: MS Project, Win Runner, Test Director, HTML, Java, J2EE, Servlets, Java Script, XML, Web Sphere, UNIX Shell scripting, IE & NN and Oracle.
- Strong understanding of the OSS/BSS application.
- Analyzed the Business Process Specifications.
- Used Quality Center to prepare Test Cases with the complete description of requirements of client and uploaded test cases into Test Director for automation.
- Performed Manual Testing to check the flow of the application.
- Created automated scripts and performed Functionality testing during the various phases of the application and analyzed the results using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Created and executed tests scripts in QTP for Regression testing.
- Reduced testing time by automating repetitive tasks with using QTP.
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Tracked defects and change requests were submitted using Test Director.
- Modified Test cases when changes in the application on new build using Test Director.
- Tested their Point Of Sale (POS) application based on AS/400. Used automation tools like Test Bench and Test Bench Green to automate scripts manually written in Excel.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and walkthroughs or weekly QA testing reviews.
- Executed the test scripts in UNIX and using batch processing technique in order to test their client server application which involved telecom protocols including IS771, GSM and CDMA.
- Used the Drupal Content Management System in order to test some of the web pages of their sales website.
- Conducted extensive database testing, passing SQL queries to the Oracle using TOAD.
- Communicated Testing Status to the management and managed the test team.
- Helped new team members to understand the Business requirements and system flow.
- Identified bugs and interacted with QA team leader and developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Monitored Test Director to close the bugs/cases as and when developers fixed the bugs.
- Handled multiple tasks and worked independently as well as in a team.
Environment: QTP 8.2/8.0, Test Director 7.x/Quality Center 8.2, Change Synergy, PVCS, Oracle9i/8i, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Mainframes, Java, Drupal CMS, UNIX shell scripting, JSP, WebSphere, HTML, XML, HP UNIX, IS771, CDMA, GSM, VOIP, Agile Methodology - WINXP.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Worked with the business analysis team to prepare a detailed Test plan of the application.
- Involved in writing and implementing Test cases for various modules using Test Director.
- Performed Manual Testing for banking applications including those dealing with equities and bonds.
- Developed automation of test cases using QTP to perform Regression Testing of different application versions.
- Developed automated scripts for functional testing and Data driven testing of the application using QTP.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using Test Director.
- Extensively used SQL to verify data in the backend.
- Used Test Director for bug tracking and reporting. Also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Conducted Daily Defects status and Progress meetings with the help of QA Metrics.
- Involved in facilitating formal review meetings with project teams and developers to report, demonstrate, prioritize and suggest resolution of issues discovered during testing.
- Involved in preparation of Test plans, Created test cases and responsible for executing the Test scripts.
- Involved in testing of the Application Manually and tested the design and functionality of the Application involving trading equities and bonds.
- Created Test Scenarios based on business requirements.
- Participated in Walk through of test plans and test cases.
- Developed and maintained test strategies.
- Used Test Director for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test Scripts.
- Executed Test cases using Test Director.
- Reported bugs to the Developers using Test Director after rectification from developers and performed Regression testing.
- Performed Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing and System Testing.
- Worked with the Developers using Test Director to fix the defects.
- Created automated test scripts using Win Runner.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Defect tracking and test results were reported using Test Director.