- Software Test Engineer with 8+ years of experience in web, client - server application testing.
- Quality-focused professional with extensive experience in manual testing and automation testing.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Testing Methodologies such as Functional testing, Black box testing, Integration Testing, Regression testing, Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD/BDD.
- Knowledge of automation testing of web applications using Selenium Web-driver.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated Testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE, TestNG, Cucumber, Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, and Maven.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using WebDriver, programming using Java.
- Proficient in using SoapUI for testing WebServices SOAP, REST and used various types of assertions such as soap fault, Contains, Soap not fault, X-path etc.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Strong experience and actively involved in building and testing Restful Web services API using SoapUI, for UI Integration.
- Strong background in Java White-Box testing using Eclipse IDE.
- Expertise in test automation and continuous delivery of web applications, client server applications, web services/APIs Testing.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Exposure on Core-Java with strong understanding of API Contents, Collections/Generics, Event/Exception handling. Multithreading/Concurrency .
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Knowledge of defect tracking using Jira, Quality Center/ALM.
- Experience with database testing by writing SQL queries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good work ethics, detail oriented, fast learner, team oriented, flexible and adaptable to all kind of environments.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall
Build Tools: Maven
Version Control Tools: SVN, Git, GitHub
Integration Tools: Jenkins
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Soap UI, REST API
Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model
Bug Tracking: Jira, Quality Center/ALM
Programming Languages: Java, Java Script, HTML
Database/Database tools: MS SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX
Confidential, Port Orchard, WA
QA Automation Engineer
- Active participant of QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action.
- Performed UI testing on various builds.
- Performed Cross- Browser and Cross - Platform testing to verify the application consistency on various builds in different web browsers and in different operating systems.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Dealt with Accessing Links & Tables using Selenium WebDriver and Java collections framework.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Worked on Capturing Screenshots on Failure or Pass to analyze the test failure reason. Coordinated with application team to ensure resolution of all issues and completion of work on time.
- Schedule and prioritize work and plan a sequence of testing activities that accomplish the planned targets. Set priorities and provide reports to the management.
- Performed regression testing on various builds for UI and Functional Validations.
- Extensively worked on REST and API Testing for the various XML attributes for different kinds of report generation.
- Developed modular & robust automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG and Java.
- Implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development) Testing with Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability and cut down the script development time in half.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Developed manual and automated test cases to validate RESTful API web service.
- Involved in API and Web Services Testing using Rest API.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Created automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java and involved in resolving existing test script issues in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug and XPath for the web-based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Executed tests and participated actively in system testing and regression testing.
- Worked with the SQL statements to extract data from SQL tables and verify the output data of the reports on the browser page.
- Used CSS Selector to identify objects.
- Contributed to components of the test automation framework; including the design, development, delivery and maintenance.
- Performed manual testing using different black box testing methods like ad-hoc, functional, UI, system, and regression testing.
- Used Jira daily tasks and test maintenance respectively.
- Developed generic method to make the method reusable for multiple purposes.
Environment : Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, REST API Cucumber, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, HTML, XML, Git Hub, agile (Scrum), JIRA, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Huntington Beach, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed test strategy for the minimal required tests that provides value in determining the quality state of the application.
- Developed/Updated System Test Plan, Test scenarios and Test Scripts as per the requirements and Change Request Document.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using selenium WebDriver.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Developed and executed manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and Selenium library.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Automated Smoke & Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG & Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI PRO web services testing tool.
- Involved in automation of regression test cases and executing scripts using Test Harness & SOAP UI.
- Enabled Transaction demarcation in Data Access Objects.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Verified SQL queries against backend database to ensure test codes retrieve the right data on testing.
- Preparing status reports and End of Sprint demos to show case the work done in that sprint to the Stake holders (Product management, Customers, Clients).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, SOAP UI, XPath, Eclipse IDE, Firebug, TDD, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Quality Center/ALM, Windows.
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in creating Test Plan and written Test Cases based on Use Cases and Business Requirements.
- Developed automation test suite from scratch with Selenium WebDriver with TestNG with Java for the application to help in regression testing.
- Involved in developing Framework from scratch using Selenium and working knowledge of automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data driven, Keyword frameworks and Page Object Model (POM).
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test key Business Processes scenarios
- Performed test executions and wrote test scripts for complex integrated systems. Performed regression testing on new software releases and reports findings.
- Used Soap UI to conduct web services testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to handle various web page controls using locators like textbox, button, dropdown, checkbox, radio button, labels using XPath.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing, and regression testing using web based application and client-server applications.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions and also developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Grid, TestNG test scripts to run automated test cases in parallel on 5 environments.
- Used Git repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Conducted GUI validations on menu bars, toolbars, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium
- Used Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG.
- Tracked defects using JIRA and generated defect summary reports.
- Identified test cases to automate and automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE).
- Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Extensive testing of browser content and compatibility Tested compatibility of application using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, IE, JIRA, Apache POI, Java, HTML, CSS, X-path, Windows, SQL, Maven, Git, SOAPUI, Cucumber, TestNG
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression Testing using TestNG and Selenium Functional, Acceptance and Limit validations.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- Contributed in creating automation framework for complex scenarios and performed Functional and Regression Testing for various releases using Selenium(WebDriver) and TestNG
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using TestNG framework.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform testing of the application.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with selenium grid and selenium.
- Proficient in Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Used TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
QA Analyst/ Manual Tester
- Understood and interacted with Business Analysts to determine functional specifications.
- Worked under waterfall methodology with understanding the Business requirements, application and function specifications.
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications.
- Responsible for Black Box Testing of the application.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace test cases to functional requirements. Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Involved in updating and executing test cases as per given requirements. Performed GUI, Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Smoke Testing.
- Coordinated the testing effort towards End-to-End testing to verify the proper functioning.
- Developed test scripts to Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Back End testing of an application.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data driven testing.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL queries.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle phases.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, MS Excel, Waterfall.