- Over 6 years of professional experience in Information Technology with Four years of experience in testing with extensive knowledge of Automation Framework Design & Implementation using Selenium Tool.
- Experience in Manual & Automated Testing of GUI and functional aspects of Web based Applications on multiple levels of SDLC and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented programming Concepts (OOP) and Java Skills.
- Good experience in creating test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium - IDE, and Selenium Grid in Java.
- Proficient with testing REST APIs, Web & Database testing .
- Extensive experience of Web Services, SOAP and REST API Testing using UFT API, Restful API, RestSharp, Parasoft SOA, Apache JMeter, Postman and SoapUI.
- Experience in Functional, Regression and System testing using Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Experience in writing and automating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts using TestNG, Junit and Cucumber QUnit, NUnit, and TFS Coded UI scripting and execution.
- Experience in Data-Driven test using Jenkins and Excel.
- Good Experience in using FireBug.
- Expert using bug tracking tool JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, BugZilla.
- Good Experience in writing XPath to locate web elements.
- Worked on Cross browser testing, browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE using WebDriver.
- Well versed with Agile process.
- Familiar with C++, C#, HTML, XML, and CSS.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: White Box (Unit Testing, Integration testing), Black Box, Smoke, Functionality, Integration, Stress, Volume, System, Performance, Regression Testing and Full Life Cycle Testing.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using TestNG and Selenium.
- Experience in Software Verification and Validation based on Testing Methodology.
- Extensive working knowledge in SQL Queries for backend data validation and Windows platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet individual deadlines, while effectively focusing on priority issues and UAT coordination.
- Sound Technical knowledge, excellent exposure and ability to learn any tool quickly.
CORE COMPETENCIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE · Selenium WebDriver · Cucumber · Postman
Testing Framework: TestNG · Junit
Defect Reporting Tools: HP Quality Center · Clear Quest · Rally · Jira · Bugzilla
Web Debugging Tools: XPath · Firepath · Firebug · Chropath
Version Control Tools: PVCS Tracker · SVN · GIT
Programming Languages: Java · SQL · C++ · C#
App-Servers/Web Servers: IBM WebSphere Application Server · WampServer · Tomcat · JBoss · IIS · Apache Tomcat 7 · JBoss
Databases: Oracle 10G · MS SQL Server 2008 · DB2 · MySQL · MS Access · Data Mining
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003 Server/NT/XP/7/8/10 · Linux · Unix
Browsers: Firefox · Internet Explorer · Google Chrome
Java EE/Web Technologies: Servlet · JSP · JSF · JDBC · XML · HTML · XHTML · DHTML · DOM · CSS3 · Ajax · JQuery
IDE Frameworks / Tools: NetBeans · Eclipse · MS Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 · Weka · MS Visio · JDK6 · MS Office Suite
SDLC Methodologies: Agile Scrum · Waterfall
Confidential, San Mateo CA
Quality Assurance Tester
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver (TestNG) automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Worked in an Agile Software development methodology.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using TestNG.
- Developed automation framework using Selenium, Cucumber, Maven and TestNG with Java; Parasoft SOA, Restful API and Postman in QA Automation tools Discovery.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with Selenium.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Performed web based performance testing and analysis using JMeter.
- Execute the Test cases and review the results to get the Business approval for UAT.
- Test automation for web application (SWAP module) using Cucumber.
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium WebDriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Created scripting to test REST API functionality for regression setup
- Performing API testing ( SOAP and REST ) using Parasoft SOA and Postman and SoupUI .
- Used the Firebug/Chropath to inspect the XPath/CSS of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Wrote and perform tests using Java web applications. Web controls testing - wrote automation to test the controls from end to end starting to invoke in Internet browser.
- Experienced in testing applications manually as well as using the automated testing tools like Quality Center/ALM.
- Co-ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues are being addressed, fixed and retested.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool
- Logged the defects in JIRA for the issues encountered during execution.
- Worked with SOA architecture which includes Soap Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Assisted QA lead in documenting User Acceptance Test report and reporting defect resolution.
- Performed Database Testing and thorough knowledge in SQL.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily and weekly basis.
- Interacted with developers to report and track bugs using Jira.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and executed the daily regression test suites.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Quality Assurance Tester
- Pioneered the use of test driven development practices by implementing unit test libraries for back end systems.
- Analyzing business, functional requirements and used and developed test plans, test cases and test scripts for both positive and negative tests.
- Implemented Agile methodology and attended Scrum meetings.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Utilize CSS selectors, IDs, and XPaths to locate elements on Web pages.
- Following the standard test process guide for the QA Methodology.
- Performed automated acceptance test written in TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Performing functional, regression and integration testing using Automation tools to make sure the application conforms to the requirement specifications.
- Involved in writing codes Using Java.
- Used XML report technology in reporting the automation results.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL and also Used SQL queries for performing the Back-End Test execution.
- Preparing reports and test results after each release cycle for management and further test planning.
- Identified the queries which were taking too long and optimized those queries to improve performance.
- Maintained and executed test cases using Quality Center.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Software QA Tester
- Prepared and Executed Test Cases for Functional and Integration testing.
- Created Traceability matrix to keep track of changes in requirement to that of the testing efforts.
- Identified high-level requirements for documenting detailed business requirements.
- Maintained the Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Created, Reviewed and updated Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Running queries against databases to verify the correctness of XML response.
- Document request/response XML's test procedures and functional/technical findings from the test run.
- Generated test cases in spread sheet and upload them into Quality Center.
- Performed end-to-end testing, Integration Testing, UAT Testing and Regression testing.
- Assisted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the UAT group to ensure the correct business logic.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automation Testing of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium IDE.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Extensive use of SQL queries to perform data integrity testing.
- Participated in the sprints to create test cases, perform test execution.
- Manually perform backend testing using TOAD to validate the data migration efforts with Oracle.
- Followed up with developers on defects status on a daily basis.
- Gathered user requirements.
- Created UML sequence diagrams and class diagrams.
- Participated in database design/analysis and designed ER diagrams.
- Developed Business requirements by using use case and sequence diagram for the application.
- System Installation and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, Forms, and Reports.
- Created deliverable Installation and Configuration documents.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings, regarding tasks status and impediments.
- Responsible for tracking the issues to get them resolved.
- Knowledge of J2EE Design Patterns such as MVC, Factory Method, Singleton, and Data Access Objects.
- Development of business logic backend (Server side) using Java, and Java EE.
- Developed database objects using Oracle 10g.
- Responsible for development of DAO’s (Data Access Objects) to interact with the database using JDBC.
- Using OOP Principles (SOLID) to satisfy the different application needs.
- Used Validation and Custom tags in JSF as MVC frame work to develop the web application.
- Good knowledge in Java programming language, UML Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert in new System Installation, tools, plug-in and configuration.
- Extensive experience in writing stored procedures, functions and views.
- Prepared and created full Installation and Configuration documents.