- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automated Testing on web based and Client Server based applications.
- Solid experience in Selenium IDE /WebDriver/RC/Grid, HP ALM/HP QC, HP QTP.
- Hands on experience in testing Web - server and Client-Server based applications across different OS.
- Strong Expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) and extensive experience with QA testing procedures, processes, and standards.
- Performed Manual Testing using Test Strategy Development, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect reporting, Test Status Reporting, Test Closure Activities.
- Proficiency in Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications.
- Experienced in Selenium automation testing under Agile Methodology using TestNG Framework and Junit Framework.
- Expertise in Documentation of Use cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Metrics.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for Java based applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Quality Center, TestNG, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, Hudson, and Cucumber.
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium-TestNG, Junit on web and client applications.
- Expertise in Mobile Application testing using Appium.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Proficient and experienced in Automation Testing for web interface by using Selenium Web Driver, performed parallel Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Experienced in Functional and Regression Automation Testing with Selenium for the Web based application.
- Experience in using Quality Center to document the test plan/test cases and keep track of the defects.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications like IOS, Android using Appium, Java.
- Proficient in testing tools such as JIRA, QC/ALM, Test Rail, and defect tracking software such as Bugzilla, Element-tool.
- Responsible for writing test cases and maintaining test scripts as per the business specifications and functional requirements.
- Extensive experienced in Analyzing requirements; writing Test Plans and Test Cases for positive and negative testing, using test techniques like boundary value and decision table; generating the Test Reports using generic functions; building the Test Environment.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing Junit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Performance testing, Exception testing, Compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web-based Applications.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like FirePath and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Developed and executed test cases manually and generated automation scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of QTP.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies very quickly.
- Self-starter and a team player with communication, interpersonal, positive thinking and mentoring skills and a good aptitude for learning.
- Extensive experience in Black-Box &White-Box Testing for Web, Database and Client Server Applications.
- Track defects by using a bug tracking system Quality Center and do tests for issues. Report defects to software developers in order to ensure compliance with standards.
- Experienced in writing SQL statements to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Backend testing.
Testing Tools: Selenium (WebDriver,IDE,Grid),QC/ALM,QTP,TestDirector, Jira, Maven, Rational clean quest,Team Tracker.
Web Technologies: ASP.NET, ASP, VB, VB.NET, XML/XSL, Web Services.
Operating Systems: Windows UNIX, IOS,Linux.
Scripting Language: VB Script, Java Script.
Databases: SQL Server Oracle, DB2, MS Access.
Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, PHP.
Query Tools: Sql Developer, WinSQL.
Software Packages: MS-Office, Excel, Word, Access,PowerPoint, MS Project.
Web Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera,safari.
Other Tools: JIRA, MS Visual Studio, Test Rail,HP Quality Center, Load Runner, Bugzilla, Mantis bug tracking.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed Business Requirement Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Designed, developed and implemented MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Junit and Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using XPath in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid for testing the application in different machines and with different web browsers at a same time.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections, which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Maintained selenium & java automation code and resources in SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Implemented mobile automation frameworks using Appium.
- Implemented Appium scripts to test IOS and Android platforms.
- Implemented UI Automator viewer in Appium to inspect elements in mobile applications
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Feasibility involved in Gathering requirements, studying the application and collecting the information from developers and business.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. html, Java.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SoapUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used JIRA as bug-tracking tool to centralize the bugs, Email notifications to the developers and also follow up the bug status.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Logged Defects in HP ALM with priorities and co-ordinate with Development team for fixing.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver/GRID, Junit, Ant, Jenkins, SoapUI, MVC, Eclipse, HTML, XML, agile, JIRA, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, HP ALM, Oracle, Windows
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Selenium tester
- Experience building automation framework from scratch using Selenium webdriver, JAVA, TestNG and Eclipse.
- Worked on Agile/Scrum Methodology involved in giving points to User Stories, Back log grooming, User story demos, attended retrospective meetings and worked on Iterations (Sprints) part of releases.
- Good experience on Test Automation using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG Framework and Maven.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI.
- Implemented open source tool Selenium Web Driver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Created and executed SOAP UI Scripts for the Web Services testing.
- Experience with Test Automation tools such as Selenium,TestNG, Jmeter, Junit.
- Experience in creating Cucumber BDD (behavior-driven development) framework and automating BDD scenarios in Eclipse using Java script.
- Performed testing of Mobile Web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in developing automation script for mobile native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, JAVA.
- Involved in performing automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & mobile application testing using Appium.
- Written Gherkins and Java scripting automation test scripts to execute in cucumber.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and cucumber
- Web Service testing (RESTful API) and Automation using Apache JMeter using JSON, XML payloads.
- Install and configure System Administration packages to QA environment such as Python, and SQL.
- Write SQL Queries in ALM to generate base data to excel. Summarize the daily, weekly and monthly status reports by test scenario, test case and test steps.
- Tested the workflow through the front end to backend using SQL queries to ensure data completeness, integrity and accuracy.
- Developed LoadRunner scripts for Data Creation and Functionality of SAP CRM, ERP via SAP GUI.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and managing JAVA automation projects using them
- Configure the JIRA workflow for the project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement
- Identifying, analyzing and documenting all the bugs observed during testing and create a ticket in the Jira.
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Eclipse, Test NG, SOAPUI, Cucumber,Maven, Jenkins,JMeter, Python, HP ALM, SAP GUI, HTML, XML, Agile, JIRA, ERP, SQL, and Windows.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Preparation of QA estimates, QA Resource loading, QA Scheduling, Test plan and Test strategy during the Estimation phase of BAU.
- Strong test management skills and experience in running large, cross-enterprise testing initiatives leading both onshore and offshore teams.
- Strong Knowledge on the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting.
- Work with Business Analysts (end users in our case) to get precise requirements for the user stories and accurately converted them into test cases and test criteria.
- Convert the acceptance criteria into detailed functional tests which in turn were used as requirements by development team.
- Extensive database testing and data conversion testing for the data conversion process.
- Design and build customized macros for testing data mapping and data counts for the data conversion process.
- Generate XMLs which are used for testing Batch Applications which does not have a user interface.
- Write product documentation, including online help user manual, and training materials.
- Design and conduct onsite user training classes. Was responsible for the manuals transitioned to service and support team.
- Involved in scheduling, status and estimation call on BAU to track and moved BAU to successful implementation in production.
- Strong in Analyzing Business specification requirements & Develop comprehensive test Specifications & execute them. Comfortable to interact with developers and business analystregarding the test status.
- Daily tracking and effectively managing the test execution for each BAU (Business as Usual)with no slippage in time and quality.
- Preparation of clear test Summary report, Preparation of root cause analysis and mitigation plan for the leaked defects
- Hands on experience with System Testing, Functionality Testing (Black Box), Integration Testing, Regression Testing, and GUI Testing, Web application Testing, Unit and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong experience with Test Plan formulation, Test Conditions, Developing and Maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts (Functional and requirement specifications).
- Preparing the weekly status report and Governance report for all BAU to track it.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, HTML, SQL
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Developed Positive and Negative test cases and executed manual test cases using ALM.
- Expertise in preparation and execution of test cases, data validation and verifications, Regression, Integration, System Testing and Black Box Testing.
- Created and maintained Keyword Driven framework using VB Scripting in QTP
- Worked with Standard and Bitmap checkpoints using QTP for validations and performed Data Driven Testing to run scripts with multiple sets of data.
- Performed manual functional testing and developed automated execution of test cases using QTP for Regression Testing.
- Effectively involved in using build automation tools such as ANT for automating software build processes.
- Implemented continuous integration with Hudson and used its plugins with most version control systems and bug databases.
- Interacted closely with the development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the application to design the test plans.
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace test cases to functional requirements.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence classes.
- Involved in browser interoperability testing for various versions of internet explorer, safari and Firefox.
- Developed Manual Tests by analyzing product use cases, and requirements as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote basic SQL queries using SQL Server for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non-Duplication Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Performed GUI, System, Integration, Smoke, Functional and Regression Testing and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Published the weekly status report to the customer on test status and highlighting the issues to be addressed immediately.
ENVIRONMMENT: QTP,SQL Server, ALM, Waterfall, MS Excel, VB Script, Windows, Hudson, ANT, GIT, VB Studio.
- Designed test cases for various Subject areas.
- Involved in Test cases execution related to both initial and incremental testing.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for several mappings regarding the count and Data validation from Source, Staging and Target areas and analyzing the logs.
- Involved in System testing and Regression testing.
- Developed Test scripts, Test suites using TestNG, Selenium web driver.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TESTNG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Used HP Quality Center for writing test cases, updating the test execution status, defects rising and defect tracking.
- Interacted with Developers and participated in Defect triage meetings.
- Mentored the newly joined team members about the functionalities.
- Discussed the issues with onsite coordinator and get them resolved.
- Reported Daily status to Team Lead.