- 4+ years of extensive experience in implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based, Windows, Web Services, databases and Client/Server applications using manual testing and Automation testing.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in - depth knowledge of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Extensive experience in Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, and Jmeter.
- Experience in Design, Development, Implementation of the QA process and documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for manual and automated testing in the QA life cycle
- Expertise in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver and HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) to develop automation testing scripts for web applications.
- Proficiency in Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, 508 testing and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge on Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins for scheduling the jobs using Jenkins, GIT, TestNG and Maven.
- Ran scripts using Selenium Web Driver to test latest changes and new features for the application.
- Experienced in planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting Status, providing test estimation, requirement analysis and identifying gaps and managing Issues for Testing using ALM/Quality Center/TestDirector.
- Expertise in using Protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Automated Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber, and TDD (Test Driven Development) using TestNG.
- Experienced in using test management tool HP ALM/Quality Center, Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Management (MTM)
- Performed Automation testing using Selenium IDE, Web driver API's, Java scripting.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Expertise in performing Black Box Testing, functional testing, Usability Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, System Integrating Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Well versed in preparing reports like FRD, BRD, automation plan, Defect Prevention Plan, Test Execution.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Performance, Desktop Applications and Web based UI Testing, Windows and Web Services.
Programming Languages: JC, C++, Java, Ruby, Python, C#
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB (Non-Relational).
Testing Frameworks: Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Business Process Testing (BPT), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Page Object Model.
Other tools: Jira, Rally, ALM, QlikView, BugZilla, Quality Center, Auto IT, Eclipse, IBM Rational.
Mobile Test Frameworks and services: Appium, HP LoadRunner, AWS Device Farm, Sauce labs, AndroidJUnitRunner, Espresso and UI Automator.
Automation tools: Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Calabash, Parallel Testing with Selenium Webdriver - Automation on Steroids.
Web services: SOAP and Restful web services testing
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux, MacOS
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Used the Agile methodology to build the different phases of Software development life cycle.
- Involved in bug review meetings
- Preparation of defect summary reports
- Involved in writing test cases for functional, regression, system, user accepting and end-to-end testing
- Tracked all the requirements in Share point
- Involved in both Manual and Automation testing
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium Webdriver, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE) and Nunit and C# (Visual Studio).
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java, Selenium WebDriver, and Junit & C# Nunit.
- Involved in Black box and End-to-End, and test the application in multiple environments
- Tested integration and validation of data from various sources to targets using SQL queries and ETL process
- Involved in positive testing, negative testing, Performance testing, and stress testing, cross platform testing and cross browser testing manually
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to verify the database updates, inserts and delete of the records, to extract data from target tables and validate reports methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenarios and detail Test Cases based on the Use Case documents, Business requirements and functional specifications in the Quality Center
- Experienced in setting up configuring the testing environment with JUnit and Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Regression test to ensure product integrity after modification and enhancements
- Has participated in defect triage and generated Reports
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AWS, SQL Server, Oracle, XML, SOA testing, JAVA, J2EE, JIRA, WARP, Shell Scripting, Test Plans, Quality Center, End to End Testing, Jenkins, UAT, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Regression Testing, JUnit, Windows7, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
Test Automation Engineer
- Participated in Agile activities such as Daily Scrum, Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning as well as sprint retrospective meetings.
- Developed TestNG automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, to run developed test cases.
- Utilized CSS selectors, IDs, and XPaths to locate web elements in cross browser views, and Web pages, calling them in scripts in order to properly test UI.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using JAVA to validate business requirements on various browsers concurrently.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG.
- Used different XML files to run tests on specific functionalities as well as Regression, Smoke.
- Design & developed data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI API.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Used customized XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver/ IDE, JAVA, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Xpath, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL, Agile, Oracle and Windows
Confidential, Eagan, MN
QA Automation Engineer
- Run Defect Triaging and Review the Test Scenarios/ Test Cases with Business
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TESTNG, automated test cases for regression test cases
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using JUnit.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Worked with end users to generate UAT scripts and to successful completion of UAT testing
- Performed browser compatibility testing
- Working experience on daily status reporting & managed end to end testing
- Creating Data driven Tests and Running through framework, creating reusable components.
- Extensively used Quality Center / ALM for test planning, bug tracking and reporting.
- Automation scripts execution through ALM, updating test results and uploading relevant files/screen shots back to ALM.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, xPath, Firebug, FirePath, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, Test NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Agile, SQL, Oracle, TOAD, Maven, Jenkin.
- Excellent communication and organizing skills with the ability to grasp and learn new things very quickly.
- Written Test cases and Test plans.
- Used Manual Testing at initial stages of the project
- Identified and reported defects in clear and concise bug report to developers
- Written SQL server queries
- Checked the database connection through SQL
- Written clear and concise Test documents
- Used Selenium IDE for smaller scenarios testing
- Used Selenium Remote Control and Selenium WebDriver for larger scenarios/content to test
- Participated in the Test Team Meetings for every 4 days a week
- Developed workflows for Quality Assurance
- Performed validation of entire project.
- Performed unit testing and negative testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing, Performance Testing and browser Compatibility Testing, Validation
Environment: SQL, Integration Testing, Database Testing, Black Box Testing, Documentation, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents.
- Responsible for Preparing Test Cases Based on the Functional Requirements.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepared the detailed Test Strategy for the Testing effort.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios and Test Cases during the Test Design Phase and get the approval from BA/Client.
- Worked extensively on Web Services, XML, JMS and Message Driven Beans, Spring Controller.
- Updating and Modifying Test cases in TestRail.
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting in QTP.
- Conducted Regression and Re Testing once defects are fixed.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Gathering of functional requirements in agile projects, creating HLD, reviewing LLD, involving in code reviews and Unit testing.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix for the application.
- Proven ability in proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Effectively involved in the review of the Test results.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center.
Environment: JAVA, PHP, Apache Tomcat, Dream Viewer, JQuery, Java Script, HTML, SoapUI, SQL, QTP, Selenium, HP ALM (Quality Center), Mobile Application Testing, VBScript, XML, Web Services.