- Over 7+ years of extensive experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web - based and Client/Server applications using Manual and Automation testing. Strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, decision making and organization skills and an excellent team player.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working on all phases of SDLC.
- Expertise in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement/Use Case documents for creating test cases.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect management life cycle all the way from executing test cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- Extensively involved in both Manual and Automated testing of Object Oriented, Client Server, Window-based, Web-based and end-to-end applications.
- Proficient in different forms of testing like Manual testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, and Non-functional testing.
- Worked extensively on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in creating test data and end to end testing for POS devices/application.
- Professional experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing TestNG, JUnit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium.
- Strong Knowledge of Web Services/API and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Good Knowledge of testing web services with SoapUI and Postman tool.
- Solid Experience in creating database T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views, tables, and constraints using SQL.
- Experience with defect tracking and analysis using different defect tracking tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server), Jira and Quality Center.
- Designed an automation framework using C# .NET and JAVA automation scripts.
- Logging defects using different bug tracking tools, retesting defects and generating Defect Reports.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing using Selenium Web Driver on both platforms as well as cross-platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE).
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend testing and validation of data.
- Extensively used web services validation tools like RESTful, SoapUI to validate SOAP/WSDL and web services for Request and Response.
- Regular Status report maintenance and reporting to leads in a proactive approach so that team accomplishes deadlines.
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Languages: C#, .NET, JAVA, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Testing Tools: TFS, JIRA, TestNG, Maven, SoapUI, RESTful, Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, Selenium Grid, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, Postman, Specflow, Cucumber
IDE: Visual Studio, IntelliJ
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Xpather
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: Nunit
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac
Other tools: SVN, SourceTree, BitBucket, GIT, TFS, TFVC
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed a test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and executed test scripts and test plans to identify software problems and their causes.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Assisted in supporting day-to-day operational SuccessFactors data needs, which include ensuring integrity for employee records and investigating issues/inquiries.
- Wrote test cases using MTM (Microsoft Team Manager).
- Experienced in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Defined, developed, and executed automation test scripts using C# that leverage black box and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Created an automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach like SpecFlow.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools for the nightly batch run of the scripts using VSTS.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium Grid by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE, and Firefox.
- Created Selenium WebDriver automation scripts to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Performed web services/ testing using RESTful API and Postman.
- Developed data-driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Performed CI/CD pipeline and jobs scheduled using Jenkins.
- Tested web applications hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
Environment: TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow, VSTS, NUnit, RESTful, C#, .NET, XPath, Jenkins, SQL Server, IE, Azure, Firefox, Chrome, Window
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
- Performed meetings with Business Analysts and End Users to review functional/technical requirements and responsible to translate business requirements into quality assurance test cases.
- Worked in TOAD to develop and execute test scripts in SQL, to validate the test cases.
- Assisted Business Analysts in preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), positive and negative test scenarios, detailed oriented Test Scripts, Test Kickoff documents, Test Scorecard for test progress status, Test Results, Release Checklist, Lessons Learned documents and Regression Test Suite for future use.
- Planned ahead of time to test the mapping parameters and variables by discussing with BA.
- Extensively used JIRA to track defects and managed them.
- Performed API/web services testing using Postman and HTTPClient.
- Wrote scenarios and tests in Gherkin language in Cucumber.
- Extensively involved in testing the ETL process from different data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, flat files) into the target Oracle database as per the data models.
- Mocked test data to test all the scenarios and test cases planned.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Analyzed the testing progress by conducting walk-through meetings with internal quality assurance groups and with development groups.
- Wrote scripts to upload data into database tables on Oracle environment.
- Reviewed test activities through daily Agile Software development stand-up meetings.
- Helped developer in preparing test data, and also aided BA in understanding SQL scripts.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end-user requirements.
- Excel reports are validated using SQL and embodying complex formulas in Excel.
- Validated a large number of files from CMS in MS access environment and loaded into Oracle sandbox
Environment: Java, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Informatica power center, SQL Assistant, SQL, SharePoint, Web Logic, Oracle, Flat files, MS access
Confidential, Houston, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and reviewed Business and Functional Requirements documents and Use Case documents.
- Contributed to regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems, and risks.
- Involved in the complete QA Lifecycle activities like Pre-testing phase, Acceptance Testing Phase, Testing Phase and also in User Acceptance Testing.
- Designed test cases and tested reports generated by Micro Strategy validated healthcare claims.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using automation tool Selenium with Java .
- Built automation scripts using Data driven Framework and TestNG Framework and conducted using Selenium with Java.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, using Bitbucket (GIT) as of version control system for Java-based application, using Maven as build tool and Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for the nightly batch run of the scripts
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing a test suite using Selenium Web Driver with Java.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all the requirements are covered.
- Established and maintained test cases and test data in JIRA
- Used JIRA to maintained defect repository and followed the bug life cycle until the bugs are fixed or closed.
- Worked on testing API and web services REST based and SOAP based.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the data has been updated.
- Used Oracle PL/SQL queries to perform Update, Delete, Insert and Join functions.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity and also to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Extensively worked on validating data loads during the ETL process.
- Investigated and determined the root cause of issues by reporting defects utilizing JIRA to maintain defects and check defect status.
- Implemented test schedule, tracked defects and assigned them to developers based on their priority.
- Verified that the Software Quality Assurance Standards are met throughout all phases of development.
Environment: Java, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA, PL/ SQL, MS SQL, SOAPUI, Oracle, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, JIRA, TestNG
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked in an agile methodology being involved in every stage of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings and discussed the progress made in the previous sprint, then planned for the next sprint with brainstorming for ideas with the team.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Test Automation Planning, Developing and Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Tracking.
- Wrote automation C# scripts with Selenium Webdriver for automating regression and functional testing.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Jira and was also responsible for communicating the status of the development team.
- Developed BDD tests using Specflow by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in C# for Specflow.
- Used SQL queries to perform back-end testing and data validation.
- Executed backend operations like queries like joins, select, update in Oracle Server.
- Significantly contributed to the areas of technical documentation and actively collaborated with the team in the driving review and approval process.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Jira, Windows, Cucumber, SQL Server, XML, SOAPUI, C#, AGILE, MTM
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application.
- Worked as QA for performing API/Web Services, white box testing, data testing. Tested and analyzed SQL queries and XML code to validate data and database mappings.
- Developed test plan document along with the test specification document outlining various iterations and regression testing needed for the project.
- Participated in deployments and upgrades of the application.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Attended periodic meetings with the development team and with the business analysts to provide feedback.
- Created test sets and execute those test cases in the Test lab module of (Quality Center) QC to make sure the actual result is same as the expected result.
- Performed Smoke testing, Black box Testing, Security Testing, web testing, and GUI testing.
- Logged Defects in Defect module of the QC, assigned priority, Severity and status to the defect.
- Worked Extensively with Business Analyst and Developers to discuss the defects and their fixes.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members, provided written status reports of testing.
Environment: SQL, Quality Center, Agile, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Web testing, GUI Testing, MS SQL Server, Windows 2007, MS Office, SharePoint