- Expertise in different phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Hands - on experience in the preparation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Expert in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, IDE, RC, Grid, Quick Test pro (QTP)/UFT.
- Expertise in Core Java and Object-Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism and Collections).
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in doing performance testing of service using JMeter, HP Load Runner.
- Experienced in Test Driven development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven development (ATDD) and Behavior driven development (BDD) using Cucumber / Gherkin.
- Experience in developing Selenium automation framework using TestNG and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Proficient in Functional, Regression, System Integration (SIT), Acceptance (UAT), Load/Performance, Security, Browser compatibility, Performance Testing and Back end testing.
- Experience in using Selenium Grid for Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and Step-Definition for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber (Gherkins format).
- Good hands-on experience on various test management tools like Jira, HP-ALM/Quality Centre.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac OS.
- Performed functional testing of web services using SOAPUI and RESTful web services. Added assertions to validate the XML or WSDL file.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in configuration management tools like GitHub/SVN repository over the time for improvements and new features.
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server.
- Performed Database Testing with SQL and automated Data Validations using JDBC and validated back end result with complex SQL queries and Joins.
- Conduct test case reviews, provide project related status reporting, coordinate all release planning and lead the testing team through.
Environment: and Framework: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Testing Automation: Quality Center (QTP), Selenium. TestNG, Junit
Languages: C, C#, Java, SQL, CSS, XML and HTML.
Web Services Tools: SOAPUI, Postman, Rest Assured API
Databases: MS: Access, MS SQL
Web Browser: IE, Firefox, Google Chrome
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla and Visual Studio TFS.
IDE and Other Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Notepad++, GitHub, Jenkins, MS Office, Visio
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003 /Vista/XP
Confidential, South Deerfield, MA
QA Automation Tester
- Reviewed project artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan, and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports.
- Followed the SDLC and STLC process in AGILE, used requirements documents to create testing strategy test estimates, documenting test plans and identifying testing risks, and developing test scenarios and test cases.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, white box testing, Integration, System, Regression tests based on analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Prepared the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis.
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Logged and managed defects using HP ALM/Quality Center defect management tool.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Prepared manual & function test cases on web application as per requirements.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug, Firepath and Chropath to run automation script in stable condition.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services (SOAP/REST) transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the database and investigate for solutions using data analysis practices and prepare analysis reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Grid, SQL Server, Git, SOA testing, JAVA, Gherkin, Agile, HP ALM Quality Center, BDD, UFT, Jenkins, SOAP UI, REST, Regression Testing, Maven, Eclipse, TestNG, Windows, Linux, iOS.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation tester
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedures based on RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix).
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium, Cucumber and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SOAPUI. Used Java for SQL connection to database.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third-party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI.
- Used Firebug to do web-based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on the Parameterization using TestNG Parameters and Data Provider annotations in Selenium WebDriver Scripts. Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing, testing manually on the first release of the application.
- Moved all the test scenarios that have been satisfied with the functionality to automation testing.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) using Cucumber, Gherkin.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium RC and Web Driver using Testing and Junit.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment. Executed automated Selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually.
- Testing web sites for functionality, GUI, usability, navigation, browser and OS compatibility.
- Prioritized and reported defects using Defect Tracking tool JIRA.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Participated in daily status meeting, coordinated with the developers and Business Analysts to resolve the defects and close them. Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, BDD, TDD, Firebug, ALM, JUnit, Maven, Jenkins, MySQL, Java, JIRA.
- Followed and contributed to Agile/SCRUM activities (e.g. daily stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration planning, estimate/reporting, acceptance criteria definition).
- Involved in creating Test Scripts representing various Transactions, Documenting the Load Testing Process and Methodology. Created meaningful reports for analysis and integrated the Performance Testing in the SDLC.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in working on a project where we implemented BDD (behavior Driven development), TDD (Test Driven development) using Cucumber framework with Java, JUnit and Page Object Model.
- Excellent experience with source version control tool such as GIT.
- Managed & scheduled all Manual and Automation scripts from HP Quality center ALM (HPALM) and executed the test cases.
- Executed multi-faceted testing including Black Box, Functional, Smoke, Regression, Integration, and Ad hoc Testing according to test plan.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Reporting / logged defects in JIRA and worked in conjunction with Development team on Defect closure and retesting.
- Attended QA Walk through meetings with Team Members which includes tech specs review, functional specs review and defects tracking.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
Environment: AGILE SCRUM, JIRA, SOAP UI, Quality Center, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows 8/7, XP.