- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst with extensive knowledge and experience across the project life cycle in Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in the fields of Insurance, HealthCare and Finance.
- Implemented and experienced in various QA methodologies.
- Experienced in every phase of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Cases and Test Scenario to meet product’s business requirements.
- Proficient in Defect Reporting and Tracking throughout the entire defect life cycle.
- Extensive experience in Backend Testing on distributed databases using SQL queries.
- Experience in Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Back End Testing, GUI Testing, configuration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Solid understanding of Membership, Claims Processing, Billing, Benefit/Eligibility, Authorization/Referrals, COB, and have experience in HIPAA standards and corresponding EDI transactions.
- Experience in performing functional testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Followed Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange standards for testing that need to comply with the HIPAA guidelines.
- Tested the HIPAA EDI transactions 834, 837/835, 276/277, 270/271 according to the requirement test scenarios.
- Experience in facilitating meetings with clients to discuss and sign - off on the document.
- Proficient in working with FACETS, claim processing systems.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional, Soap UI, QC, Selenium.
Bug Reporting Tools: Jira, Quality Center, Rational Quest/ClearCase.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL.
MSOffice, MS: SharePoint, Visual Studio.
Methodology: Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
Operating Systems: UNIX, 2000, XP/NT, Vista, Windows 7.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test Plan
- Wrote Test Plans, Test Strategy, System Testing and End-to-End Tests based on the business requirements
- Wrote test cases in Quality Center derived from the Design documents and generated a Traceability Matrix for testing purposes.
- Performed functional tests in Quality Center to execute, report and document bug information useful in the debugging process and evaluation of test data.
- Developed Test Script for Functionality, Security, and Regression testing.
- Performed System, Integration, Unit, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Manual as well as Automation Testing to verify the expected results.
- Validated XMLs and benefit grids in the process of testing letters, booklets and ID cards.
- Involved in FACETS implementations and end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Extensive knowledge working with tracks that included Plan Management, Plan development, enrollment and Billing, and Regression testing.
- Performed Functional and GUI testing on FACETS Billing, Customer service and Subscriber application under FACETS.
- Worked closely with the production development team to resolve bugs and ensure stability.
- Participated in weekly defect tracking meetings with the development and management teams for reviewing progress against outstanding testing milestones, issues and dependencies.
- Analyzed the performance and revised system requirements based on the reports generated.
- Developed SQL Queries for backend testing and validate database integrity.
- Processed claims in FACETS and verified they are generated and sent to Provider.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Trained new team members in new business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of new systems.
ENVIRONMENT: FACETS, 837, 834, 835, EOP, 277U, EOB, Ultra Edit, SQL Server, XML, HIX 2015 Up gradation, Quality Center, Agile, Manual to Automation Processing, UAT Testing, Daily Stand Up, Back End Testing, End to End testing, Defect Management
- Analyzed the business requirements, functional specification and use case documents.
- Developed test plans, test cases using requirements, use cases, wire frames and design documents.
- Ran the scripts on multiple environments (QA, UAT and Production) to ensure that requirements were still met.
- Performed and coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the appropriate group to ensure the correct business logic.
- Assisted the business partner in preparing UAT plan/scripts and assured project manager has taken steps for alignment of Operational Quality Checklist.
- Involved in testing FACETS Member, Provider, Claims Processing, Utilization Management, Accumulators, Contracts and Benefits
- Analyzed the front end Customization requirements on FACETS applications (Member, Group/Subgroup application, Member maintenance, etc).
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Involved in testing EDIs according to code set X12 835 Claim Payment & Remittance Advice Claims processing and 837 Claim transactions with Quality Center
- Set claim processing data for different FACETS Modules.
- Coordinated the efforts to implement appropriate HL7 changes on an ongoing basis.
- Monitored and analyzed Activities Report, Performance Reports, Cross results and merged graphs in Load Runner
- Worked on Member Management, Eligibility, Claims, and Billing modules within FACETS.
- Tested the changes for the front end screens in FACETS related to following modules, test the FACETS batches (member load, Billing, Provider, etc.
- Customized Mercury Quality Center to suit the requirements of testing effort
- Monitored the Defect Tracking Process and generated customized graphs and reports for the client using MQC
ENVIRONMENT: Quality Center, HIPPA, UAT Testing, EDI, Windows 2000, Agile, EOP, FACETS, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Oracle.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
IT Application Analyst
- Participated in developing test plans templates and guidelines to be used by the project team with detailed screen layouts with regards to various types of corporate actions.
- Involved in the development of Test Plans and Test Cases and coordinated the tests with the QA team to verify implementation of new features and enhancements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end to end analysis of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Design, analyze and performed Integration and wrote System requirements on different leading healthcare software such as FACETS.
- Writing Test Plans/Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Matrix. Followed the Agile methodology for the entire SDLC. Involved in writing and executing test cases using MQC based on the requirements
- Performed Back-End testing using SQL Query. Developed design Specification writing Test report s and documenting Test results.
- Identified customer requirements besides reviewing test plans and documented the development of these plans. Conducted interviews and workshops for soliciting customer requirements
- Performed Test execution and wrote and executed Test scenarios /Test Scripts
- Manage the Requirements (Business as well as System requirements), performed requirements analysis along with the creation of Test Scenarios.
- Worked with the development team to make sure that they understood the user requirements and that the system developed met those requirements.
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status and Deadlines/Milestones.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows XP, FACETS, MS Office 2007, MDE Express Claims Test Pro (XCTP 4.3), Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Ingenix Encoder Pro, Precertification Lookup Tool (PLUTO), SQL, Oracle, UAT Testing, Claims Look Up Environment (CLUE)