- Seasoned QA Lead with over 13 Years of experience in quality assurance testing for client - server, multi-tier and web-based business applications.
- Well versed in Testing Lifecycle Methodologies and SDLC like SCRUM, Waterfall, Spiral and Agile models, from project definition to post-deployment.
- Extensive Experience in manual and automated testing using Selenium RC/Web-Driver, JMeter, and SOAPUI.
- Experience in Web Application Automation Testing with Selenium RC and Web Driver Automation Framework using Java language.
- Extensive experience in Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, System Testing, Load/Stress, Performance, Black box, Positive and Negative testing.
- Expertise in automating the software testing environment with open-source tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid and Web-Driver.
- Experience in creating Test Frameworks using Selenium RC/Web-driver with Data Driven Testing, UI Mapping and Design Patterns.
- Used Android SDK, ADB, and AVD for Mobile testing.
- Experience in Automated QA using JUnit, TestNG, SOAPUI, MAVEN and Hudson
- Experienced in Web Services Testing (WSDL) using SOAPUI.
- Experience in performance testing of Web Services/APIs (SOAPUI) using JMeter to find the response time, throughput for the application transactions.
- Excellent knowledge on Database, Data Warehouse, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Solid working knowledge of commonly used QA concepts, best practices, and procedures within the Quality Assurance field.
- Robustly experienced in testing Web Applications with J2EE, Java, XML, Oracle, DB2 Web logic and Web Sphere.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Equipped with good analytical skills and a positively critical attitude.
- Able to work accurately both independently and in a team.
- Quick and intelligent assimilation of new technologies and tasks.
- Experience in System, Integration, Performance, Stress, Load, Regression, functional, User Interface (UI), testing of stand-alone, and client server applications.
- Hands-on experience in working with SQL plus command line utility to write complex SQL queries.
- Extensive experience in Service-Oriented Architecture using REST and SOAP based web services.
- Extensive knowledge in working of eCommerce Application testing (B2B and B2C).
- Good knowledge in working with UNIX commands and Shell scripting.
- Experience in handling multiple projects in multiple groups and delivering the quality product successfully.
- Conducted Walkthroughs with the Project Manager, QA Lead, Developers and the Business team to indicate status of testing efforts.
- Worked on Sprint Planning, Story Boarding and Spike on future stories using Agile Process.
- Experience in integration of Confidential .com Applications with other applications with emphasis of Web Services/XML.
- Experience in developing SFDC Customized Reports, Dashboards and Processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
Modeling & Designing Tools: MS Visio, AutoCAD
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC, Web Driver, LoadRunner, JUnit, JMeter, SoapUI,Maven,Appium,cucumber
Defect Tracking: Jira, Bugzilla, iValsun,Quality Center
SDLC Methods: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum Methodology, Continuous, Integration, and Test Driven Development (TDD), BDD
Programming Languages: Java, Ruby,SQL, Unix, HTML5, CSS, XML, TCP/IP, Web Services, UML 2.0,SQL, PL/SQL
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting and Java Script
Databases: Data Structures, MS SQL Server 2000/2003/2005 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Toad, MS Assess, Searching and Sorting Algorithms
Operating System: Windows XP/2000/Vista/7, Mac OSX, IOS, Android, Unix
MS Suite: MS Project, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
Desktop Applications: MS Office Suite, IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari and Adobe Acrobat, Chrome
Testing Methodology: Black Box, White Box and Grey Box Testing
IDE: Net Beans, Eclipse Helios, TFS, SharePoint
Confidential, San Francisco, California
QA Software Engineer Consultant
- Work on internal Confidential QA tools development and framework implementation
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies
- Wrote test cases, perform manual and automation testing on GUI, Functional System, Integration, Regression, UAT, Bulk/Stress Data, Localization, Black Box, Positive/Negative and system validation for mainframes and web based applications.
- Developed automated Unit and Functional test cases using Confidential internal tools.
- Perform bulk/stress data testing from external sources to perform insert, delete, upset, and export operations on millions of records.
- Worked on various Confidential .com standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Contracts, Cases, Opportunities, Products, Opportunity Line Items, Leads, Campaigns, Reports, Forecast and Dashboard.
- Implemented/Tested Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Email Services, Reports, Dashboard, Tasks, Events and implemented Field Level Security for sensitive data holder fields.
- Testing and implementing new Confidential object, apex code, workflow rules, customs layout and other standard Confidential customizations.
- Working on various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, requirement engineering, development, deployment and maintenance of web/portal based object oriented enterprise application.
- Working with the developing team to ensure a bug free product is delivered.
Environment & Tools: Selenium Web driver, TestNG, JIRA,Quip,Confluence Tools, Mac OSX, Jenkins,JAVA,Ant, Git,Apex Unit Test
Confidential, Santa Clara
- Participated in functional specifications discussions with Product Manager, Product Owner to gather requirements, involved in requirement reviews and managing the requirements in WIKI.
- Preparing estimates for testing, automating the tests.
- Perform the daily automated test script executions and reported the defects through the triage mechanism.
- Responsible for authoring the Test Cases and generating the test data as per the requirement.
- Responsible for developing the reusable components of the test automation framework.
- Organized the meeting with development Team regarding the defect fixes and tag schedules.
- Managed the defect triage process.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve the issues (defects) on time.
- Configured the automation project as a downstream project in Jenkins CI build system and make sure it runs as a nightly build.
Environment & Tools: Selenium Web driver/IDE, TestNG, JIRA, Appium,Windows 7, Mac OSX, Jenkins, Firebug, Chrome Inspect Objects, JIRA, Ruby,cucumber,JAVA
Confidential, San Jose, California
Sr.QA Engineer /Lead
- Analyzed web monitoring application, documented detailed test plan, test cases with expected results based on the business functional requirement.
- Worked on design, development and managing the test automation framework for mobile devices using Appium.
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining test automation framework for ecommerce application using Selenium Web driver, Java and TestNG.
- Performed Automation of API Testing of server side business layer using Jmeter.
- Performed GUI Testing and Cross Browser compatibility testing during the release and interacted with the developers to resolve any functional issues with AUT.
- Tested compatibility of application to meet the Business requirement documents.
- Logged Defects/Bugs to JIRA.
- Developed the performance testing scenarios on ecommerce applications using Jmeter components.
- Responsible for managing and assigning the tasks for the offshore team.
- Verified the bugs fixes, document the bug history and root cause analysis once the defect is fixed or closed.
- Verified all the possible permutation and combination using Data Driven testing manually.
- Created various build files integrated with Jenkins.
- Perform regression test on application builds and analyzed the test results.
- Actively participate in all Specification and Design review meetings.
- As part of the Agile Team, I was responsible for creating test plans, test scenarios and wrote test cases for various services.
Environment & Tools: Selenium Web driver/IDE, cucumber,BDD,TestNG, JIRA, Appium,Windows 7, Mac OSX, Jenkins, Firebug, Chrome Inspect Objects, JIRA, JAVA
Confidential, San Jose, California
Sr QA Engineer
- Managing and interacting with offshore teams in Japan, India, Costa Rica, and El Salvador.
- Support Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and Digital Reader Business Division (DRBD) team in San Jose and Customer Support (CS) team in Florida as a technical liaison.
- Creates, revises, and modifies Test Plan / Test Cases base on business requirements and functional design specifications on Android Sony Reader Application.
- Ensure QA process is followed through for the schedule and project deadlines.
- Perform intensives manual and functionality testing on Android phones, tablets and all Sony eReader devices.
- Worked on developing the automation framework for mobile using Appium, TestNg and JAVA.
- Served as an architect for developing the regression and UI frameworks.
- Worked on developing a custom automation framework for the Restful Web services.
- Worked on developing Test bed with automation of all regression test suits.
- Triaging the bugs, validating, assigning to the developers.
- Responsible for completing system testing, integration testing, regression testing, and stress testing of quote to order and order to cash cycle for eCommerce application.
- Performed stress testing of the service in the cloud, performance testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), and trained the end user regarding the product.
- Responsible for managing Tier IV level support to Sony’s Call Center in Costa Rica and El Salvador on all Sony Consumer Products and Client Applications.
- Carried out the ambiguity review meetings with the developer and QA team to clarify the requirement.
- Conducted weekly bug triaging meetings to speed up the defect tracking.
- Analyze BPM business requirements, create testing strategies and prepared Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirements of CES
Environment & Tools: Sony eReader (PRS: 300, 350, 650, 700, 750, 900, 950, T1 latest ), Sony Android tablet and mobile handset, Sony eReader eCommerce web application, Window XP, 7 and Mac iOS platform, Appium,Bugzilla, iValsun (internal), Android SDK & ADB, SaaS Cloud Model, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Digital Edition,Selenium,Java
Confidential, Milpitas, California
- Involving in managing and reviewing Business Requirement Document (BRD), use cases and Technical Design Documents in order to create test scenarios involved in functional testing of all kinds of enhancement features, writing and maintaining manual test cases of each required module.
- Responsible for producing/updating all QA documentation (Master Test Plan, test cases, test report, trace ability matrix and defect reports) in accordance with the system requirements.
- Research, manage & test mobile handsets-processors and mobile handset software releases.
- Worked with Business Development team, Technical Marketing team, Product Development team, Developers, QA team and clients to scope and prioritize Functional Requirements and Development Releases.
- Conducted weekly bug triaging meetings to speed up the defect tracking with business analyst, developers and QA team.
- Expertise in hands on framework development for UI using selenium Web Driver and TestNg.
- Responsible for migrating manual test cases and creating high level automation plan for Selenium.
- Achieving the benchmarks for the performance metrics defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Evaluate product specifications, create and oversee the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results of Trusted Flash SD, MS Window Mobile, RIM and Symbian (s40 and s60) mobile device platforms.
- Experience in using automated tools to manage and test mobile applications across a variety of mobile devices on various platforms and mobile carriers online.
- Responsible for managing and testing networking functionalities, music and video formats of all mobile devices
- Manage, document, create and publish defects using Jira and created log files for Software Development Team to resolve defects
- Map and maintain product structures for all MNO products using AGILE data management system
- Responsible for managing all testing of web and mobile development of the SaaS product line on micro SD memory cards.
- Conducted presentations of the development products to the end users, product manager, business development team and stakeholders.
Environment & Tools: Window XP, Window Mobile, Window 7, Nokia Symbian (S40 and s60), RIM, Palm, Android Mobile handset, Jira, Agile
Sr QA Engineer
- Performed functional, UI, UAT, smoke, regression testing and recorded issues along with product enhancements. Worked with Engineers to troubleshoot problems and inconsistencies.
- Testing AJAX web site application, Implementing Selenium testing platform and using test scripts with Eclipse IDE, writing Selenium RC scripts, using JUnit and Selenium for automated testing, writing test scripts (SOAP UI) to test web services. Using JMeter for load testing.
- Configured Selenium RC and Selenium GRID for parallel testing and multiple environment execution.
- Developed test automation projects in Selenium1.0 (RC) and Java.
- Developed test automation framework for web app using Selenium RC and JUnit.
- Did troubleshooting using firebug and tail application logs (for any exceptions) while testing.
- Attended code reviews of developer work, when a feature will not work as intended in the context of the whole system.
- Executed ANT scripts for builds and generating JUNIT reports.
- Communicate effectively with both management and peers while detecting/solving issues
- Developed and executed SQL statements for the database testing
- Developed, maintained and executed load and stress test with JMeter.
- Created and executed JMeter scripts that simulated 4 times the current production load and monitored logs.
- Investigated bug reports by black box testing and examining code to track down the source of issues for documenting in our bug tracker to help developers.
- Responsible for deploy latest build and services on different stages for testing and developer purpose.
Environment & Tools: SoapUI, Eclipse, ANT, Selenium RC, Java, FireBug, JUnit, Hudson, JMeter, SQL.
Confidential, Fremont, California
QA Automation Engineer
- Participated in the walkthroughs with the Business Analyst and development team to understand the requirements and to formulate test scenarios.
- Participated in writing Test Scripts, Test cases, Test Designs, Test Analysis and Testing Life Cycle and creation of Test data.
- Performed White box API testing (Java, XML, JUnit, and TestNG) and Web Based Application testing.
- Extensively used XPath selectors and implemented UI Mapping in Selenium Test Framework.
- Created Web Application automation tests in Java for several key components using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Customized TestNG framework according to the project need using Maven.
- Worked on SoapUI to validate SOAP/REST request for web services data by analyzing the response.
- Smoke testing of application for every build.
- Developed Unit test cases for the classes using JUnit
- Validated SOAP responses by using assertions like XPath match, schema compliance, contains, SOAP fault etc.
- Performed Functional, Stress, Smoke, Cross-Browser, Performance testing
- Used JMeter to do the performance testing to find the response time, throughput for the application transactions.
- Understanding the performance test requirements. Deriving Performance test scenarios, workload mix and metrics
- Maintained the continuous integration environments using Jenkins
- Performed Functional Testing using the iPad, Samsung Tablet on different browsers.
- Facilitate daily Scrum stand-up meetings with cross-functional teams to review daily-generated burn down charts, progress, and impediments
- Plan and execute Functional Testing on Mobile iOS and Android applications
- Verified the Defect fixes in Clear Quest and maintained the defect tracking until it is closed.
Environment & Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SQL, JUnit, JMeter, UNIX, Eclipse, SoapUI.