Self - starter and independent driven with over ten years of experience as a BA Analyst / QA Lead in Software Development and in IT industry. Expertise in all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle of Enterprise / ERP / CRM, Web / e-Commerce, Retail / POS & SaaS area; good acumen and interest in business, people and process; test estimation & planning, resource allocation, design & develop test documentation, process reviews, end-to-end integration / implementation, strategy & risk analysis; train and lead onshore and global teams.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML
Test Automation: Quick Test Professional (QTP) 9.5, WinRunner
Software Tools: SOAP UI, JIRA, Silk Central Test manager, Splunk, Litmus, Rally Software, IBM RTC, HP Quality Center (Test Director - QC), SQL Developer, Toad, MS Office, Google Docs
Sterling Commerce 9.3, Oracle E: business / Siebel
Confidential, San Francisco
Sterling OMS QA Lead / Project Coordinator
- Mentored, trained & managed offshore team for Sterling OMS and eCommerce project.
- Reviewed BRD’s, user case documents, UAT scripts and engaged with stack holders - BSA’s, customer support group, retailed store assistants & store managers, ware house leads - to understand their needs and weaved in their requirements into testing. Identified gaps and proposed business solutions, addressed missing requirements through enhancements in RTC. Assisted business stack holders during end-to-end UAT testing.
- Prepared various documents for the overall project - test strategy and risk analysis for overall project; defect reports, test metrics documents to communicate progress of project to client; established test exit criteria for OMS project.
- Assessed, planned, defined and managed test schedules and test scope in accordance with test strategy of project scope and delivery dates in agile environment.
- Gave knowledge sessions to offshore and onshore cross functional team members; established test case review process for cross channel knowledge development, guided team to create, maintain & execute test scripts of various modules that includes end-to-end scenarios on Google Docs. Prepared integration test documents for overall end-to-end testing.
- Coordinated with client on various data requirements for all three channels of the project; worked with various cross channel development teams & vendors to align integration testing efforts, requirements, time frame & support.
- Attended weekly meeting with BSA’s, development and other vendors to establish the communication bridge to deliver interdependencies with checklist of action items to meet project deadlines.
- Recorded and escalated risks and issues as appropriate ensuring adherence to best testing practice.
- Released Sterling UK-FR upgrade project on time being a sole tester while leading Sterling US and eCommerce test activities with on-shore and offshore teams, business stack holders, UAT, development and cross functional teams.
- Assisted eCommerce and POS team to clean up backlogs by referencing BRD’s, identified gaps from customer and business perspective & addressed through ambiguity document; reported missing major functionalities, validated log files, executed sql queries & reported defects in RTC and followed up & followed through for the correct resolution.
Confidential, Tucson, AZ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Identify and document gap analysis of end-user emails for content accuracy and consistency; redesigned emails for an upcoming release.
- Leveraged in-depth understanding of CRM, ERP, SCM, system / process to identify and improve system flows that meets customer needs in an integrated environment.
- Responsible for functional testing of transactional emails of QuickBooks Online product (desktop / mobile) on a new oBill SaaS platform in multiple languages and currencies, meeting international compliances.
- Trained team members and created ‘How-to’ documents on usage of various tools and processes -- Usage of Splunk, XI Admin, validate end-to-end testing flow & data, Customer Retention using Exact Target, digital marketing automation tool of Salesforce.
- Created testing templates and scripts for six correspondences of QuickBooks Online to meet the functional requirements and end user perspective using agile methodology; used JIRA for tracking defects, stories, reports and project status.
- Participated in daily scrum and completed story work within sprint.
- Performed unit, integration and end-to-end testing and triaged issues of transactional emails using Litmus, email testing tool; SOAP UI, Splunk and Exact Target.
- Collaborated with cross functional and offshore teams to review and correct end-to-end test scripts on Silk central and is part of the evidence approval team.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
IT Business Analyst
- Solely coordinated both projects and tested stand-alone & integration of international storefronts (France & UK) on Demandware with IBM / Sterling Commerce Order Management 9.0 implementation with Oracle E-business 12.1.3; and upgrade/migration project of Sterling Call Center from 9.0 to 9.3.
- Created & maintained test strategy, test metrics, progress reports & test documents for new functionalities and regression areas for both international eCommerce Storefronts and Order Management for Retail Industry with order-to-fulfillment/cash flow in i18N environment using different browsers and mobile devices within four weeks with majority defects discovered by QA team.
- Created gap analysis document as a supplement to requirement documents.
- Conducted issue / resolution meetings and reports using IBM RTC with cross functional teams -- Platform Architect, Global & On-shore Business stack holders, Project Manager, Engineering, Global UAT team and a QA group to prioritize issues.
- Partnered with business users and creative designers to release telemarketing project on time.
- Verified data & calculations of business partners/Telemarketing Channel's XML files using SOAP UI; tested new product line offerings of original and a regular continuity orders to cash flow.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Analyzed customer specific business requirements as part of an in-house decision team in an agile environment considering global/integration areas with lean information.
- Provided daily status for sprint in a daily scrum meeting, created test matrix for stories and tested web application on Windows 7/8, Mac, tablets and on various mobile devices (iOS/Android) using native/multiple browsers.
- Used JIRA to update stories, testing progress, update defect life cycle for different sprints and generate reports; worked with offshore QA team and cross functional teams to resolve issues.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
IT QA Analyst
- Participated in subscription model of Order-to-Cash (O2C) testing flow using Oracle Siebel 8.1 and Oracle BRM 7.4.
- Created test plans, scripts, and performed testing using agile methodology, provided daily status for day to day sprint and created evidence files for user stories and forwarded to Corporate Accounting & Reporting (CAR) group.
- Communicated and followed up with cross functional teams (product support, engineering, operations, and other QA groups) to drive consensus and resolve issues.
- Used Oracle BPEL tool to debug issues and Oracle SQL Developer to generate data reports.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Volunteer QA Engineer
- Tested and improved company’s admin and customer portal using software testing types - functional, black box, regression, cross browser, integration, exploratory, End-to-End and UAT -- without documentation.
- Used Pivotal Tracker to communicate and verify defects / stories with engineering teams.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Principal QA Engineer
- Brought holistic approach to the system integration by actively participating in SDLC of stand-alone and integration area leading to successful testing with majority bugs discovered by QA.
- Successful track record of creating testing estimation, leading and successfully delivering releases and troubled customer projects (Motorola, Sage, GRC) on time while contributing as an individual tester.
- Slashed 3 weeks of integration testing time by cross & dividing testing assignments in cross channel teams.
- Installed and certified products on different platforms, browsers, in multi-languages and multi-currencies.
- Maintained requirements, created test plans and test cases for stand-alone and integrated products, reported and followed up with defects & enhancements using Bugzilla/QC and used it as a reporting tool.
- Created automation scripts for setup and regression testing using QTP.
- Reduced customer issues by 30% in 6 months by bridging cross channel teams. Conducted weekly QRB (Quality Review Board) meetings with cross channel teams to evaluate requirements and customer issues for current and post release; consolidated solutions in QA and other relevant groups.
- Participated in hiring process in QA organization. Mentored and trained two contract personnel of Headstrong team in offshore, team members in San Mateo and four QA members in Bangalore office.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Solely managed SDLC of iPayment - Participated in system design for iPayment and Financing integration module. Developed a functional test matrix for iPayment considering all aspects of the Application.
- Developed, executed, and maintained documents for functional and integration testing; analyzed results and provided feedback for corrective action. Created 19 setup and 17 troubleshooting documents for a group and that resulted in divisional use. Automated some setup flows that reduced system setup and testing time by few days.
- Performed QA in installation and upgrade of iPayment 3i to 11i; tested products in pseudo/multi-language environment.
- Mentored and trained 4 new members of iStore team in Oracle India Development Center using materials, demos of different modules via iMeeting, and email. Monitored team work, kept track of their progress and provided guidance to become effective team member.
- Participated in end-to-end system integration testing of iStore with Oracle SCM and ERP / Financial applications - Order to Order fulfillment flow and Order to Cash flow.
- Created setup and regression scripts using Win Runner tool 7.0 for iStore.
- Used defect management tool to report issues, enhancement requests and followed up through resolution.
- Communicated effectively with Development group and Product Management group to bring clarity to existing functionality and conveyed new functionality usage in terms of customers’ perspective. Reviewed manuals, online help and al tutorials of iPayment and iStore.
Senior Technical Analyst, Belmont, CA
- Proactively and continually maintained customers’ satisfaction and prevented issues escalating.
- Contributed about 70 technical and functional bulletins writing to worldwide support repository.
- Coordinated with Manager, Confidential representatives and support analysts resulting in developing efficient internal procedure for communication and handling support business.
- Participated in a QA program for CRL to test new features ensuring product quality and functionality.
- Successfully fulfilled dual responsibility of supporting CRM products along with continued supporting other products - Oracle Public Sector Budgeting and Oracle Grants Management.
- Trained 6 team members in Public Sector Budgeting and Capital Resource Logistics applications; cross among group helped providing correct solutions to the customers and to log issues with correct information.