- 7 years of experience in the IT industry with emphasis on Quality Assurance/Software Testing with exposure of both Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Expertise in validating and testing of Client - Server and Web-Based Applications in various environments.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Exposure to both Manual and Automated Testing of applications developed on Windows and UNIX platform.
- Extensively used HP ALM to plan tests, manage test assets, create and run manual and external scripts to check GUI and functional features of the AUT.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies.
- Performed HIPAA Analysis and Testing.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA-ready claims and plan administration.
- Expertise in Oracle table data manipulation using SQL queries and UNIX commands/UNIX scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of database management systems such as SQL and PL/SQL querying tools.
- Strong Knowledge in Healthcare EDI transactions (837, 835, 820, 834, 277, 997, 999) and EDI testing process.
- Experienced in automating regression suite using QTP/UFT, descriptive programming & VBScript.
- Involved in the Analysis, design, testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries and executing procedures to perform back end testing for the expected results.
- Expert in retrieving database information writing SQL Queries and transforming data to information as needed.
- Created and added tables to the SQL database when required.
- Performed Sanity, smoke testing as well as manually performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience using testing tools such as Quality Center ALM, Quick Test Pro and SOAP UI.
- Performed an End to End web services testing and XML validation using the SOAP
- Experience in Black Box, Positive, Negative, Data-driven, Unit, Integration, System, Front-End and Back-End Testing.
- Experienced in Regression and Functional Testing.
- Expertise in Bug tracking using bug-reporting tools such as Test Director and Quality center.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries using SQL Server and DB2 in validating data into Data Warehouse/ETL applications.
- Created updated and maintained Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and involved in Gap Analysis.
- Used Online Monitors and Graphs to analyze the results.
- Experienced in conducting Performance testing, Stress testing, Load testing.
- Used Quality Center for Bugs reporting and communicating to developers, product support and test team members.
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret business requirements.
- Good Documentation and Process Management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to develop a quality product.
- Excellent in communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Good team player with the ability to lead, manage and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Test ing Tools: Quick Test Pro, QC Alm, Load Runner, Selenium IDE
Bug Reporting Tools: Test Director, Quality Center/Alm,Jira
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2, Toad
Languages: HTML, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, .Net
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux, SolarisUNIX
Servers: IIS, Apache, Web sphere, web server, ATG
Other Tools: MS (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook Visio, Project), SharePoint, FACETS
Web Browser: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test Plan.
- Performed Manual Testing for the EDI transactions.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Elicit requirement to be able to generate the tools and info needed to process the ICD-10.
- Work on coordination of benefits (COB) in a claim processing.
- Developed Test Script for Functionality, Security, and Regression testing.
- Ran the scripts on multiple environments (QA, UAT and Production) to ensure that requirements were still met.
- Performed GAP analysis for HIPAA .
- Wrote Test scenarios and test cases for testing the migration of EDI and the processing of member enrollment and benefits, (834) batch jobs corresponding to the claims (837).
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve errors in 834 and 820 transactions for health insurance exchanges.
- Prepared Test Cases based on business requirements and business rules for HIPPA EDI Transaction 834, 835, 837.
- Executed and validated data mapping for Claims via EDI into RDC through Oracle PL/SQL.
- Assisted in working in establishing EDI system security by suggesting the solution and getting the solution implemented
- Processed EDI 834 with various scenarios and validate the related tables from database using SQL query.
- Hands on experience in working on designing and reviewing the EDI system applications.
- Perform compliance testing on 834 and 820 EDI transactions
- Application of EDI 834 transactions in reinstating members, new enrollment, and terminating member enrollment
- Tested all HIPAA transactions for HIPAA 5010 and validate the database.
- Analyzed HIPAA 4010 and 5010 standards for 837P EDI X12 transactions, related to providers for professionals.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Tested the HIPPA EDI 834, 835, 837 transactions according to test scenarios and verify the data on different modules.
- Perform middleware testing between Front- end application and MIS (Members information system) database using SOAP UI.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement of the reconciliation process
- Transforming Analyst Notes in Preparation for outreach team to contact consumer
- Accessed Health Insurance Casework system for Membership coverage 834 & 820Enrollment reconciliation process
- Worked on HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards according to the test scenarios such as 834,835 transactions.
- 834 Membership enrollment data mapping with the use of workbook Performed Back-End Testing to check database integrity by writing SQL queries.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Modules.
- Tested HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module.
- Wrote test cases in HP ALM derived from the Design documents and generated a Traceability Matrix for testing purposes.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure implementation of all functionalities, identify all test conditions and test data needs.
- ICD 9- ICD-10 Conversion Analysis - Worked in the analysis of the ICD 9 - ICD-10 codes.
- Uploaded the diagnosis codes, procedure codes to the related tables in test environment to verify the changes related to ICD9 - ICD-10 changes.
- Tested the configuration of Claims, Enrollment and Customer Service Sub-Systems in Facets.
- Experience with Trizetto Facets System implementation, Claims and Benefits configuration set-up testing, Inbound/Outbound
- Validated member’s benefits against the benefits matrix.
- Validated SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI pro.
- Good experience as SOAP web services tester.
- Analyzed and tested data on claims manually and writing queries on DB database for validating data.
- Worked within a team to resolve Relational Database problems.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues using HP ALM.
- Verified the data transformations and loaded from external data sources in Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server to the data warehouse and from the data warehouse to data mart using SSIS.
- Used ALM to record documenting information useful in debugging process, evaluating test data.
- Created Automation Scripts for all online interfaces using Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using test manager for positive, negative and end-end test cases.
- Experienced in creating generic, reusable test functions and Automation scripts using VBScript in QTP to fully automate the application functionality.
- Worked with Large DB2 and Oracle, SQL Server databases doing loading, validation and manipulation of data
- Prepared and maintained the Test Matrix, Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in release meetings and also participate in Retrospective session.
- Extensively worked on any requirement upgrade and/or change request while doing UAT.
- Worked closely with development team to ensure the application performance and stability and also ensure the application completes the whole end-to-end process.
- Participated in weekly status meeting with Development and Management Teams.
Environment: Agile/Waterfall, MS Office Tools, Windows XP, ALM, Facets, Java, DB2, SOAPUI, MS SQL, UNIX.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Designed and development of test cases based on functional requirements for Institutional and Professional claims for EDI and HIPAA Transactions 837/835, 834, 276/277, 270/271 testing.
- Discussed with SMEs across different business units to gain solid knowledge of the existing Derivatives Exchange Systems and assisted in preparing an advanced Derivatives Valuation and Risk Management.
- Assisted in GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving area to meet the end state requirements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases through visually modelled UML diagrams to both management and development teams to ensure uniform understanding of the business scope, and detailed business and functional requirements
- Expertise in planning/executing Black Box Testing for both Client Server and IBM Mainframe applications.
- Experience in EDI automated first-pass claim adjudication, requiring thorough understanding of claim processing, both front and backend operations.
- Developed HIPAA EDI Transmissions. Work includes complete business cycle management and hands-on production as well. Create EDI Testing process, documentation, and performance matrices.
- Technical Specification Creation for EDI. Schedule meetings with technical personnel to determine technical parameters for EDI and other related processes, including communication, security, and privacy.
- Collaborated with the development team to enforce the implementation of requirements throughout the entire coding cycle and managed change request using Rational Clear Quest.
- Performed validations on the Mainframe using DB2, CICS, TSO, ISPF, File Aid etc.
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test scenarios for system testing, integration testing and performance testing.
- Interpreted and calculated the option issues like Option Premium, Strike Price, and Option Intrinsic Value for America/Euro Options in the user manual.
- Conducted Functional Testing, Joint Functional Testing and UAT, documented and reported user feedbacks to management team.
- Used Quality Center/Test Director for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Automation of test scripts was done using QTP for test re-usability of different online transaction modules.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Change Control Procedures using Rational Clear Quest and Configuration Management and Version Control using Rational Clear Case.
- Responsible for the User Interface, including screen presentation and reports.
- Involved in Regression testing of each build during the various phases of the application using QTP.
- Coding of QTP automation scripts was done by using VB Script.
- Involved in end to end testing from Quick Quote to the policy activation in both frond end application and in the mainframe.
- Performed sub-system integration test, system test, functionality test (positive and negative), and re-test and regression test.
- Assisted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI X12 Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA.
- Involved in the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP analysis, mapping, implementation, and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Worked on EDI transactions: 270, 271, 834, 835, and 837 (P.I.D) to identify key data set elements for designated record set. Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
Environment: Load Runner, ASP.NET, Java, Oracle, XMLSPY, DB2, TOAD, Windows NT /2000, SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Ms-Visio, GIS Tools, Cognos, BI, IBM Mainframe, Sybase, MS Project
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. QA Analyst
- Developed Test cases from functional specs and high level workflows for the Claims processing, EDI, and Reporting.
- Tested the requirements and created mapping specifications based on HIPAA implementation guidelines.
- Performed Manual Testing on 5010 Gap Analysis documents involved with 837, 835, and 278 transactions in collaboration with other team members.
- Extensive testing of EDI Eligibility/Inquiry/Response (270/271) transactions via reports generated by developers.
- Mapped claims, payments, and status to back-office database.
- Experience in SOA testing Web Services through XML: Member Eligibility Validation & Claim Status Inquiry.
- Create and track defects in JIRA. Responsible for retesting the functionality after the issue is fixed by the Development Team.
- Extensive experience with SQL and data conversions, Data mapping and data validation.
- Providing the required test data for the developers in order to fix the defects.
- Participated in 1CD 9 to ICD 10 codes conversion Testing with Team of QA’s on shore and off shore.
- Tested ICD-9 to ICD-10 mapping process using GEMs (General Equivalency Mapping) crosswalk file.
- Performed testing on functional areas impacted by ICD-10 codes.
- Played a pivotal role in conducting Functional testing, Regression testing and UAT.
- Worked with providers and Medicare or Medicaid entities to validate EDI transaction sets.
- Coordinated very closely with the developers regarding functionalities and defects.
- Tested end-to-end scenarios, change requests, and defects while processing claims.
- Involved in smoke testing, functional testing, and regression testing and system integration testing of various healthcare transactions.
Environment: Environment: MS-Office, Windows XP, SQL, HTTP, Oracle, C#, .Net, HP QC, JIRA
- Part of dedicated UAT Test team
- Worked with Use-Cases and wrote test cases.
- Tested the functionality in various subsystems like Claims Adjudication and pricing, PA, PAS, Provider, Member management.
- Involved in adjudicating the claims for testing purposes using Facets.
- Tested the edit and audit processing to ensure that claim records are edited and audited in accordance with the claim processing policy.
- Did gap analysis and impact analysis for the facets up gradation system
- Involved in testing the claims pricing methodology for Professional, UB04 UB92(Institutional), Dental and crossover claims.
- Extensive performance tuning of Informatica Powercenter ETL, EPIC Clarity ETL.
- Conducted Functional and System Integration testing.
- Worked on developing the business requirements and use cases for Facets batch processes; automating the billing entity and commission process
- Involved in Developing test scenarios and test cases for Data conversion interfaces.
- Involved in Developing test scripts and execution using Rational Manual Tester and CQTM
- Tested the ETL work flows and batch logs.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking
- Involved in defect validation and regression testing
- Tested interfaces and ANSI X12 / EDI Version 4010/5010 transactions for (270, 271, 276, 277, 278, 837P, 837I, 837D, 835, 834, TA1, 997 and 824 BRR)
- Tested the HIPPA infrastructure.
- Involved in the testing of the UI Interface and cross browser testing.
- Worked on customization screens/reports related Enrollments, and Providers in Facets.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review / Status Meetings.
- Proactive interaction with the client for the resolution of issues.
Environment: COTS, Rational Suite 7.0, .NET, ASP, SOAP, Toad, MS-Office, Oracle 10g, Trizetto Facets, ANSI X12, Message Broker, Edifecs and Quality Center.