Experienced software and quality assurance project manager. Have strong interpersonal skills, leadership, great organization skills, self motivated and attention to details. With good verbal and written communication, capable of establishing strong relationship with the internal matrix organization, external manufacturers, the United States Postal Office ( Confidential ) and shipping carriers. Gaining respects and support from others through technical expertise, and cooperation. Seeking a position as a project manager.
Confidential, Hayward, California
Carrier Compliance Manager
- Manage process and testing programs for shipping system software that run on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ XP.
- This client - server software is used by small and large customers with major shipping carriers.
- Interface with carriers and gained in-depth knowledge of their protocol, technical specs, services, procedures, backend communication in order to ensure that products are in compliance.
- In addition, during a major Confidential postal change, act as a consultant from implementation to manufacturing process.
Carrier Compliance Manager and Quality Assurance
- Managed major software updates for 17 product lines, budget forecast, and software contracts.
- Directed a matrix organization locally and international sources to accomplish firmware and software updates; planned materials requirements; scheduled equipment; qualified new suppliers and tools for mass programming of EPROMs.
- Coordinated and maintained close relationship with carriers to support major Confidential and Confidential rate changes within tight timeframe.
- Supported the PC Application Group in verifying and resolving customer application issues, especially in network configuration.
Firmware Development Manager
- Managed major software changes related to rates and business rules using full software development cycle.
- Designed and wrote specification for new postal scales and shipping systems.
- Collaborated with OEM vendors, major carriers and contractors to bring new postal and shipping systems to market.
- Supported distribution centers during rate changes.
Rate Development Software and Firmware Project Leader
- Designed and implemented software system tools to support manufacturing process for customized Confidential that were used in postal scales.
- This system was in use for 17 years.
- Implemented changes in scale-based systems to comply with evolving shipping industry criteria and business requirements.
- Received pattern for scale software design.
Embedded System Engineer
- Designed, coded, and implemented software for several U.S. and Canadian electronic scales.