- Diligent Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester with more than Seven years (7+) of experience testing Web - based and Client server applications.
- Proficient in test Plan implementation test cases development test execution and bug tracking.
- Specialize in test development scheduling execution and test project management.
- Highly experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and current QA Methodologies.
- Expert in Quality Assurance and software testing activities and STLC process for validation.
- Experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Have a good understanding of Waterfall, Iterative and Agile Scrum test methodology.
- Regularly attend various agile meeting such as release planning, sprint planning, daily scrum/standup, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming, peer review, defect triage meeting.
- Actively participated story prioritizing and story point estimation, task estimation, task assignment, update scrum board, sprint capacity planning, update burndown chart, and release note.
- Performed Black Box, Smoke, Functional (Positive, Negative), Integration, System, Regression Testing.
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing along with skills in Automation Testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT and ALM/Quality Center.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA, and expertise to design test cases, log defect, and generate report using HP Quality Center / ALM.
- Expertise in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and working experience in writing complex SQL queries using various SQL joining, Functions, Operators, etc.
- Have strong knowledge of complex SQL, developing database queries for Backend Testing, in-depth Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server, resolved Database Performance issues.
- Involved in automation testing with independent automation team as well as in agile feature team.
- Responsible to identify automation scope, create automation scripts from scratch, enhance script, update/modify scripts using VB script and Descriptive programing method followed by various automation frameworks such as modular, data driven, Keyword driven and hybrid framework.
- Heavily used HP QTP & UFT to create automation script with functions, Recovery scenarios, conditional statement, loop, sub functions, dictionary object, Array, Split, VB Script Functions, Parameterization, synchronization, Regular Expression, Dim, Option Explicit, Environmental Variable, excel read and write.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and interacted with client/ end-users to support UAT sessions.
- Good understanding of application builds in .NET, C++, Java, C#, AJAX, Web Services, HTML and XML.
- Worked closely with the BA/PO to understand the business processes and developed various Test documents.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with clear understanding of team building.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- HP Quick Test Pro (QTP/ UFT)
- HP Quality Center (QC/ALM)
- Black box testing
- Defect analysis and log
- Jira, TestRail
- Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, SQL
- Software development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Agile (Scrum), Iterative, and Waterfall.
- Test Plan, Test Cases, Test scenarios
- QA Manual & Automation Tester
- VB Script, Descriptive Programming.
- Data driven & Hybrid framework
- Release, Sprint planning, Demo
- Co-ordinate with offshore team
- Train new joiner and others
- Manage/lead QA team
- Defect review and analysis
- Requirement gathering
ENVIRONMENT: & TECHNOLOGIES:
- C++, C#, .NET, J2EE, PHP, HTML, XML, MS Office suite, SharePoint, QTP, UFT, QC, ALM, RALLY, Jira, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows
- Operating System
- Test Management Tool
- Automation Tool
- Web based, and client server-based application
- Banking, Insurance, Retail, E-Commerce
- Windows 7, win XP, 2008, Vista, Windows Server 2003Methodology
- Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, Iterative
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/ QC, Jira, Test Rail
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), HP Quick test professional (QTP)
- Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2
- MS-Office, Outlook, Lync, Team Viewer, Share Point
Confidential, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst/ QA Analyst
- Actively participate in Sprint planning meetings and reviews to review impacts on test plan and test strategy of any changes made and new functionalities added in new builds.
- Work in agile environment, attend daily stand up (scrum) meetings, updated daily status on what was done yesterday, what will be done today, and any blocking issues.
- Met with business analysts to understand business functionalities, requirements and designed test cases to satisfy Client requirements.
- Write, test and debug complex SQL queries involving multiple joins and conditions on Oracle RDBMS for performing backend testing in the application
- Identify the Test Cases to be automated and generate the automated scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Develop test scripts for Functionality and Regression Testing using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Experience to eliminate redundant pop up messages to cut down script run times using recovery scenarios
- Use extensive SQL queries from the front-end using database checkpoints in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) to perform backend database testing.
- Import data from the Excel Workbook to the Data table and performed Data Driven testing with different Data sets for reports generation module in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Analyze user story along with acceptance criteria to create test condition then create test scenarios.
- Responsible for creating the test cases in Test Rail and mapping them with the user Story in Jira.
- Provided defect status reports & test-case execution reports on weekly basis using TestRail tool.
- Performed sanity, integration, regression and system testing to verify incremental and existing functionality.
- Executed test cases on development builds and do bug logging and bug tracking using Atlassian Jira & TestRail test Management Tool.
- Work with multiple project simultaneously and analyze business requirements and system specification documents and created Test cases, executed Test cases and log defects in HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Interacted with developers, system analysts, product management, external customers, user interaction and usability testing groups and customer support on a regular basis.
- Involved in project review meetings and discussed issues, status for tracking the progress with project teams.
- Prepared minutes of meetings (MOM) and test summary reports to communicate the results of testing effort to higher management.
- Provided daily and weekly project status reports and escalated issues to the Manager as well as Providers as needed.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Coordinate with Developer, Business analysts, and architects and other members of the project involved in software development life cycle (SDLC) and QA life cycle and provide feedback to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and materials.
- Develop and implement all kinds of documents such as Test plan, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, defect analysis report, RTM) by following Agile (Scrum) Methodologies with large scrum team.
- Perform Functional, Nonfunctional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, End to End, Boundary, GUI, Positive and Negative Tests for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Use test management tool HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) to design and execute Test Cases for various modules of the application under test (AUT), log defect and tracking change request and management metrics well as generate Test Analysis Reports and Graphs.
- Participate in automation testing along with automation testing team using automation tool HP Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT).
- Involve developing VB Scripts User-defined function to perform the Data Driven Testing using Quick Test Professional for dynamic AUT.
- Develop test scripts for Functional testing, System testing, and Regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Enhance the scripts by writing descriptive programming, creating Actions, Checkpoints, Synchronization points, and data driven test and modular test in QTP.
- Extensively Use SQL and use TOAD/SQL developer as an analyzer tool for Backend testing purpose.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and provide to the end users about the new application.
- Involve in the team meetings with representatives from Development, Database Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements Management to identify and correct defects.
- Participate to troubleshoot complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues also analyze and Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
Confidential, New York, NY
Software QA Test Engineer
- Involved in gathering user requirements, analyzing requirements and developing the Test Plan, and Test Cases.
- Involved in peer reviews of the team’s test plans and test cases.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM), Test data and Test reports.
- Worked with development teams to investigate and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Ad-hoc, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Back-end, and UAT Testing.
- Assisted developers with the test files and test data.
- Collaborated with developers as needed to isolate root cause of defects.
- Conducted Manual Testing of the system; prepared and managed test cases using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center as the test repository and for executing the test cases and scripts and logging & generating various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Recorded defects and test management using Quality Center.
- Involved in Back end testing using SQL queries.
- Created, updated and maintained QTP Regression.
- Responsible for creating and enhancing Test scripts by Creating Checkpoints, and Output values using Quick Test Professional.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using parameterization in QTP to test the application with different sets of data.
- Used to coordinate with development team for Bug fix issues.
- Responsible for tracking the defect ownership through the SDLC phases.
- Provided Subject Matter Expertise, to include test planning and identifying data.
- Involved in Results review meetings and Walkthroughs.