Experienced Reporting and Analytics professional seeking a challenging Data Analyst/Governance role where I can contribute to the improvement of decision support for the business.
Visio, Axure, iRise, Microsoft Office, Access, Microsoft Project, Visual Basic, Cognos BI and Data Manager, Crystal Reporting, SAP BW, Google Analytics, SQL, XML, HTML, CSS, Oracle, Toad, QMF for Windows, SQL Server, Team Track, PVCS, HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, TFS, Soap UI, Peoplesoft Inventory, Oracle Retail
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Performed functional, system, integration and regression testing for loyalty implementation.
- Led onshore and offshore resources for the Customer Service, Reporting tools and guided the testing efforts through the initial build and the phases until the release.
- Estimate QA effort, interview candidate testers and provide recommendations.
- Document the changes\new requests determined after discussion with Business Users into a Business Requirements Document.
- Translate Business questions and requirements into conceptual and UI application models to enable Technical Dashboard development.
- Work with the Application Architecture and Cognos team to create the required Structures needed to enable the Reporting of data as per requirements gathered from the Business Managers.
- Identify potential risk areas during the Analysis phase.
- Create Reporting\dashboard prototype to be shared with the Business Users to get their approval before starting work on the larger development efforts.
- Architect the Test Plan based on the requirements stated in the Business Requirements document.
- Reviewed Requirements Traceability Matrix, ensured that test cases can be mapped to requirements documents and technical specifications.
- Oversee the test case writing and execution.
- Execute data verification test cases by writing sql queries to ensure data accuracy and logic meet the criteria defined in the Test Cases.
- Maintained the test scripts repository in Test Manager, through the change requests and project phases.
Lead Client Server Analyst
- Improved cube build time by fine tuning underlying queries in Transformer data sources, upgraded Packages, reports, and models from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10.
- Researched the new Cognos Business Insight as possible analysis tool for internal and external Analytics/BI users.
- Estimated development work effort, develop BI suite for benchmarking project of the Commercial cards segment, worked with users for testing including providing necessary training. Develop and schedule reports.
- Provided access and privileges for users.
Senior Application Developer
- Subject matter expert/application owner of our comprehensive reporting and analytics application.
- Built solid relationships with our internal customers, including accounting, inventory, sales and merchandising; to plan new reports, enhancements, fixes and releases. Map data elements between source and target systems for existing and new ETL process, document the mappings for future and easy reference.
- Developed the reports and cubes based on the requirements, worked with web developer to integrate BI content on front end.
- Validate Data warehouse builds and report outputs by running sql queries.
- Developed detailed unit test plans and conducted testing per the requirements.
- Review unit testing with QA resource and work with QA until test completion.
- Developed/maintained user and system documentation as required by new enhancements and releases, including publication of release notes for users.
- Led effort to develop training strategy and curriculum to train users on the use and benefits of using BI for their data analysis.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr Programmer Analyst
- Worked with user groups to gather and document requirements for new programs, enhancements and releases, documented said requirements in business and technical format to satisfy both business and the IS needs.Validated the ETL builds via SQL, tested extraction, cleansing and aggregation jobs per the business rules to support the analytical requirements.
- Managed change control process to help manage scope creep within the project.
- Communicated effectively with upper management, developers and user representatives to implement new customers for standard and customized Reporting and Advanced Analytics.
- Work with Data Architect to perform gap analysis of proposed database changes and in particular how the reports will be affected functionally and otherwise.
- Coordinated UAT sessions with users, this sometimes involved training the users on the application..
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Found new and innovative ways to extend the use of the global financial reporting system by working with the internal team to build products from our existing ideas and helped develop new more efficient ideas, document their detailed business requirements.
- Performed testing of financial reports; aging, balance sheet, P and L, withholding taxes, sales taxes, invoicing, GL, AR, AP according to specifications.
- Researched customer issues and tickets and validate them as change requests or defects; worked with users and management to prioritize the issues. Involved in setting up QA and UAT environments, prepare test data, replicate production defects in QA environment.
- Prepared, reviewed, executed and maintained test scripts that validated customer requirements, documented test results and retests defects, provide QA sign off.
- Worked with J2EE, PLSQL and BI leads and developers to document and update their release items on release plan, ensure that PVCS is in synch. Attended Release Planning meetings, assisted in creating implementation plan for releases. Worked with Production support, Change Control, DBA and Systems Programming groups to ensure successful release including high impact releases requiring production downtime.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- Analyzed, designed, developed, and monitored business process data flow as they related to warehouse processes.
- Provided ad - hoc and scheduled data mining, reporting and analysis.
- Ensured key inventory performance indicators were managed effectively, by monitoring the variances.
- Worked with IT to resolve any data issues.