- More than 14+ years of experience in Software Testing encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals in onshore offshore model.
- Experience in managing and leading multiple teams over 30 resources. Handled multiple roles - Onshore Test Lead, Offshore Team Lead, Sr Test Engineer.
- Experience in Manual, Automation, Mainframe, Mobile, Web Services, Database, Cloud and Virtual Testing using various Testing techniques like Functional, Regression, Integration, Compatibility, UAT and System Testing.
- Extensive experience on projects for e-commerce, health care, social networking and Insurance industry on web based and mainframes applications.
- Experience in preparation of automated tests within the keyword and data driven (hybrid) automation framework using QTP and Selenium Web Driver.
- Identified Automation feasibility for some applications and created automation scripts, debugged Test Scripts for script issues used for automation.
- Extensive experience Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Agile Methodologies /Scrum and Non-Agile methodologies.
- Expertise and experience with Test Management, Defect Management, Project Management and Test Metrics collection.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to Test Scenarios and Test Cases, reviewing and execution of Test Plan, Test Execution and Defect Reporting and tracking.
- Experience in using tools like HP QTP, Selenium, SOAPUI, HP QC, Bugzilla, Team Star, Rational Team Concert, HP ALM, Rational Functional Tester and Combinatorial Test Design, JIRA.
- Designed and involved in creating tools to pull metrics from Quality Center which reduced the turn-around time from few hours to few minutes which saved a lot of resources.
- Extensive experience with Estimation of Test effort and coordinate Test Schedule with overall Project both on individual and program level projects.
- Managed to add resources by successfully negotiating with the client by making them to accept my proposals which benefited the client and business to company.
- Managing financials, invoices, billing to the client in an effective manner.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner, team player.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Project Management, Business Analysis, QA leadership, and team development
- Extensive testing and troubleshooting experience
- Process Implementation
- Agile/Scrum expertise
- Experience and understanding of phases of SDLC
- Leadership/Project Management/Team Coordination
- Identify resources and manage and assign release testing responsibilities for a team of 50+ test members across organizations including onshore and offshore teams from multiple vendors and business areas.
- Provide guidance, assistance and expertise to project team members from business, planning, solutions delivery, business/systems analysts, development and partner teams and departments.
- Coordinate with upper management to set and manage stakeholder, partner and team expectations.
- Determine testing scope from project documentation, estimate budget and workload for release planning purposes, and report testing status on daily and weekly basis .
- Plan, develop and coordinate end-to-end and regression plans for QA teams, including off-shore resources, validating results and ensuring product/feature coverage.
- Assess risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Screen, interview and provide feedback for candidates for open QA positions.
- Orient, train, and mentor new QA team members on tools, estimating methods, QA processes, agile practices, product/modules under development.
- Collaborate with QA teams from other departments and products to determine and implement common, consistent QA processes company-wide.
- Participate in design and implementation of new documentation procedures, business processes and quality standards including the development methodology conversion from waterfall to Agile.
- Troubleshoot and fix or provide suggested solutions for complex deployment, upgrade, production and product-workflow issues.
- Present weekly status report to client higher management on all the programs managed.
Automation Tools Expertise: QTP, Selenium, Cucumber
Combinational Test Design (CTD): Selenium, HP Quality Center / Team Foundation Server / Rational Quality Manager / Microsoft Test Manager, JIRA
Tools: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, Oracle
Programming Languages: CICS, Java, Java Script, VB Script, Python
CD/CI Tools: Jenkins
Databases: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle
Platforms: Windows; UNIX, Mainframes
Industries: ecommerce, Healthcare, Banking, Retirements, Pensions and Insurance
Quality Assurance Lead
- Responsible for writing automated test cases, creation and execution of detailed test plans/test scripts/test metrics and the recording/tracking of defects associated to design and development of various types of projects, while working using agile scrum methodologies.
- Work with business analysts, developers, business units. And other test team members.
- Responsible for testing activities as well as leading a team of automation testing specialists in multiple time zones.
- Responsible for application security and vulnerability testing programs.
- Responsible to run a program in agile delivery environment.
- Managing and implementing test specification, test creation and maintenance.
- Managing and implementing test planning and test strategy.
- Managing and execution of test scripts.
- Managing resolution of test issues via defect tracking system.
- Attending project meetings to report status and follow up actions needed.
- Providing UAT support.
Environment: Java, Oracle, JIRA, Zephyr
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Managing the offshore teams in delivering defect free application to our client.
- Managing program level projects to see that all the applications involved provide QA sign off in time without missing any deliverables.
- Managing coordination between multiple Development/business/Test Teams on a program level project, providing status updates to the management on the program, managing the program by conducting weekly status meetings, following up through mails/phones etc to see that the deadlines are met.
- Manage resource allocation by providing estimations to the client for the projects, provide justification for the estimations if needed and resource forecasting and planning for all the current and future projects.
- Managing interactions with the Development/Business/client partners at onshore to understand the requirements and translating the same to the offshore, giving them and resolving the issues the offshore team faces.
- Manage and provide status reports for the senior management of the client.
- Responsible for coordination between onshore and offshore teams.
- Organize business calls, touch up calls, status calls with the AD/Business/UAT to resolve any issues, update project status with the management on daily and weekly basis.
- Technically up to date with the application knowledge so as to support any testing activities which need attention at the onshore hours to be able to reduce the gap between onshore and offshore time difference.
- Participate in the Kick off/requirements meetings with all the stake holders and getting all the required information to the offshore.
- Responsible for analyzing any UAT defects to see if any Test Miss or not and providing appropriate justification to see that the Test team does not miss on the SLAs for DRE and others.
- Suggest innovative ideas/solutions to client in the form of process improvement, automation proposals and reusability of test artifacts to bring about saving to the client.
Environment: Java, Main Frames, DB 2, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional
- Responsible for leading a team in delivering defect free application to our customer in the insurance sector.
- Responsible for managing scope, planning, tracking, change control, aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective communication between the testing team and the customer. Provide day to day direction to the team and regular project status to the customer.
- Responsible for creating the Test Plan, Estimations for the requirements and Change Requests if any.
- Translate customer functional requirements into test scenarios, review the test scenarios and test cases of the team, establish specific solutions for the issues the team faces and monitoring the testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Ensure that the Quality Procedure set for the team is being followed and continuously monitor and audit to ensure team meets quality goals.
- Carry out root cause analysis for the UAT or business defects.
- Preparing the status reports, director decks and metrics reports for senior management.
- Implemented the Combinatorial Test Design methodology for the applications worked on.
- Identified Automation feasibility for some applications and created automation scripts.
- Mentoring and resources in the team.
- Responsible for resource forecasting and planning for current and future projects.
- Providing walk through for AD/Business teams on the Test Plans/ Scenarios.
- Coordinating between the offshore teams and the business/AD teams for any issues or risks.
- Setting up defect triage calls with AD/Business daily and weekly status calls with senior management on the status of the projects.
Environment: Java, Main Frames, DB 2, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional, Rational Team Concert
Senior Test Engineer
- Work with Development team in understanding the business requirements to translate into test scenarios.
- Communicate with developers to help them understand the issues occurred while testing.
- Preparing of estimation of testing time and effort
- Creation of Test Plan. Reviewing of the test scenarios and test cases of the QA Team.
- Followed Data Driven testing Framework for executing Regression test scripts
- Bug reporting and tracking of Bugs through Bug Tracking Tool
- Generated user defined functions in QTP
- Debugged Test Scripts for script issues used for automation.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression and System Testing.
- Involved in Database Validation.
Environment: ASP.Net, Ajax, MS SQL, Windows XP, SAAS.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression Testing.
- User acceptance scenario testing.
- Defect Reporting.
- Involved in Database Validation
Environment: ASP, ASP.Net, MSSQL