- QA automation professional with 8 years of experience within software development across different domains and environments (Waterfall/Agile).
- Strong full stack test automation experience for all the layers of the web applications.
- Team player, with good communication skills.
- Dedicated, cross - functional and easy-going team member.
- Software Automation Testing Experience in both Waterfall and Agile
- Strong experience in Automation and Manual Testing of Client Server, Web-based Applications
- Strong hands on experience in Automation Tools, including Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber BDD using Java programming language.
- Back-End database testing with writing SQL queries to validate complex content and REST-API Testing.
- Web Services Testing using Postman/SoapUI and the rest-Assured library, validating request and response in XML and JSON for REST-API
- Smoke, Functional, Back-end, Blackbox, Regression, End to End Tests.
- Strong experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, and preparation of test automation framework using Page Object Model design pattern.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Lift Sycle (STLC) experienced in defining and implementing.
- Hands on experience with Behavior Driven Development, Data Driven Development and Hybrid Driver Development.
- Extensive experience locating WebElements using xpath and cssSelector, and comfortable reading HTML structure for automation purposes.
- Experienced using GIT as a version control system & JIRA as a project management Tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills, proven team player with delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
- Fast learner and creative problem-solver. Quality and detail oriented.
- Selenium WebDriver
- Cucumber/ Gherkin
- JAVA core OOP concepts
- SQL, HTML
- Windows, MacOs,
- Agile, Waterfall
- Data Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development frameworks.
- API testing
- Regression testing
- Smoke testing
- Functional testing
Confidential, Riverwoods, IL
Senior QA Automation Engineer
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Java, HTML, SQL, GitHub, Windows10.
- Involved in manual and automation GUI, Functional, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Developed Page Object Model Cucumber (BDD) framework in IntelliJ IDEA CE using Java and automated them using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created automated script for REST API testing using Rest Assured framework.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and sending the automation reports over mail.
- Created dynamic/customized Xpath to locate elements uniquely.
- Extensively worked on creating feature files and gherkin scenario/scenario outline using Cucumber framework.
- Developed step definition files using Selenium, Java and different annotations to execute and run the feature files.
- Created Test Runner class using Junit to run feature file and to generate reports.
- Used Cucumber Tags in feature file for regression, smoke and end-to-end test execution.
- Performed Data driven testing using Data tables, Maps in Cucumber framework.
- Created test execution status reports using Extent report plug-in.
- Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool for automatic build process and running regression tests.
- Identified bugs, logged them into Jira, monitored their progress and verified their fix.
- Merged branches via GIT and pull requests via GitHub per release management process to minimize risk to releases
- Converted Business requirements and System requirements documentation into test design products, Test Scenarios, Automation Test Scripts.
- Discussed with Business analyst and developers while developing an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for Manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Converted Business requirements and System requirement documentation into test design products: Test Scenarios, Automation Test Scripts.
- Actively participated in SCRUM meetings and reviews.
Confidential, Saint Louis MO
QA Automation Engineer
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, SQL, JAVA, SQL Oracle, Jenkins, Windows 7.
- Involved in preparation and analyzing of Manual and Automation Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Attended Sprint Plan Meetings, Daily Standup Meetings and reviewed user stories in Agile Environment.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Data-Driven Framework.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium WebDriver and Java using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Performed multi-browser testing in order to secure compatibility with various web browsers.
- Performed End-to-End Testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration for daily Smoke Test.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification in the application and new builds.
- Reviewed test cases according to assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle Database.
- Used APACHE POI to read data from Excel sheet for test Automation.
- Provided mentoring to Functional Tester how to use Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented cross browser testing using Selenium GRID for Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
QA Automation Engineer
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, SQL, Junit, GitHub, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Java, Windows/ IOS.
- Performed Functional Testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with Junit.
- Performed Data Verification Testing by writing SQL queries in order to resolve data discrepancies and maintain data accuracy.
- Developed Smoke and Regression Test suites.
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing after each modification and enhancement by using Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Tested extensive Back-end Testing using SQL queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Conducted White Box and Black Box testing to strategize new projects requirements for functional behavior and performance.
- Merged branches via GIT and pull requests via GitHub per release management process to minimize risk to releases.
- Performed browser compatibility testing web application on different browsers like Firefox, IE and Chrome.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using TestNG and performed cross browser Testing.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver.
Confidential, Deerfield IL
ENVIRONMENT: Windows, HP ALM, Microsoft Office, SQL, XML
- Manually tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting in tight timelines.
- Analyzed requirements and developed test cases as per the functional requirements.
- Created manual test cases based on business and functional requirements and reviewed them with the developers and finalized them.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Classified the defects according to severity and priority levels and prepared Test Status Reports.
- Extensively involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, End to End testing and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing.
- Participated in test evaluation, documentation and reporting.
- Prepared the defect reports and interacted with developers for debugging.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the integrity of data by querying the back-end database.
- Performed Validation of Stored Procedures according to their functionality.
- Created manual test input requirements and prepared the test data for data driven testing
- Interacted with development team to ensure that all the defects are addressed in time.