- Over 7 years of experience as a Senior Quality Engineer professional in Automation and Manual Testing for all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that includes designing and implementing test plans, test cases, test execution, defect reporting and tracking. Expertise in developing Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, Rest Assured, Appium for web - based and mobile applications. Good experience as a Senior QA Automation Test Engineer in various domains like Retail, POS, Health Care and Finance.
- Experienced in implementation of different QA methodologies, plans and strategies in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Proficiency in implementing Waterfall, Kanban, Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing test scenarios, plans, test cases, strategies, scope, test procedures and test matrices.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, TestNG (Regression tests), RestAssured and JUnit.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Designed, implemented automation frameworks Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework Hybrid framework, Jasmine, Protractor and TestNG frameworks and development frameworks like Micronaut and Spring.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts.
- Proficiently worked on Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Listeners.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets.
- Expert in logging framework Log4j and SL4J written in Java to store the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file or databases.
- Efficiently performed on Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Maven and SVN/GIT to manage different versions of the source code.
- Experienced in Cross-Browser testing using Selenium to check that the web application works as expected in different browsers.
- Used Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG.
- Effectively involved in Defects Logging, tracking and managing Defect Life Cycles using HP Quality Center, TestRail, Rally and JIRA.
- Implemented Action class in selenium to handle mouse and keyboard actions. Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Implemented the selenium synchronization using implicit and explicit waits.
- Experienced in handling Pop-ups with Selenium using Alert methods. Experience in handling multiple windows in selenium using getwindowhandles method.
- Proficiency in working with Selenium Grid to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Working knowledge in Web development and testing tools like Firebug, Fire Path, XPath, DOM Inspector.
- Knowledge on mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices and sound knowledge in Perfecto Mobile which is a cloud based mobile testing.
- Experienced in Salesforce testing and automation. Worked on force.com and Apex.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra, DB2 and establish JDBC connectivity between the Java Programming language and a wide range of databases.
- In depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business process modeling and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test Plans.
- Experienced in performing GUI, Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing, Adhoc testing, Smoke/Sanity testing and User Acceptance Testing(UAT) using manual & automated testing tools.
- Experienced with Soap and Restful web services testing using SOAPUI and Postman tool. Knowledge of XML, WSDL, and XPATH.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Load testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and also an excellent Team player and good working experience in POS and Retail Applications.
Test Lifecycles: Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium GridTest NG, Rest Assured, JMeter, Load Runner, Quick Test Pro,JUnit, Postman, Cucumber, SoapUI, Appium, Swagger UI
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), TestNg, Jasmine, Protractor, Spring, Micronaut
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS, XHTML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Cassandra, PostGreSql, SyBase
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Defect Tracking Tools: HP QC/HP ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, TestRail, Kanban
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Web Services: REST, SOAP
Version Control Tools: GitHub, SVN, CSV, SourceTree
Confidential - Seattle, WA
- Involved in various phases of Software Testing and Development LifeCycle (SDLC) such as Requirement gathering, Modeling, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Used Agile practices and Test Driven Development(TDD) techniques to provide reliable, working software early and often.
- Participated in design of Proof of Concept with QA Lead
- Participating in API design sessions to provide input on functional requirements, product designs and validations to plan the testing scope and approach.
- Designing and developing automation tests framework and scripts for backend micro service API’s using Kotlin, Java, Junit and TestNG framework.
- Reviewing developer’s code written in Micronaut and Spring framework
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDrive r, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections, which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Tested Angular 2 Dynamic Web Applications using Jasmine and Protractor, Karma Test Frameworks.
- Created Automation Test scripts using Cucumber frame work with selenium-Web driver and Page objects.
- Monitored servers using Data dog , EFK Stack Elasticsearch , Kubernetes
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries
- Performed cross browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac and on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Using Rest Assured library to write automation code and execute those tests in TestNG framework.
- Developed custom testing framework for end-to-end testing involving all components of other apis, Kafka, databases, AWS platform with Selenium WebDriver and TestNg
- Performing Unit testing, Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT’s) with end users.
- Writing SQL queries to read data from relational DB2, PostgreSQL and NOSQL database like Cassandra and MongoDB using MyBatis, Hibernate and validating them against microservices in different environments.
- Validating Kafka topics to read and write Kafka messages to the databases
- Performing Performance testing using JMeter to do load and stress testing of two versions of apis
- Performing manual testing of Rest API’s using Postman- Rest Client.
- Using TestRail tool to create test cases and run the tests and create bugs
- Writing java code to link test cases in TestRail to individual tests in automation scripts and documenting software defects using bug tracking tool called Jira
- Using GitHub as the version control system for cloning repository, creating pull requests, merging the branches, committing the code
- Working on building project using Maven to download the libraries and using Jenkins for continuous Integration and deployment
- Developed code to start Appium server automatically before executing any test suite or test case thereby reducing manual effort of starting Appium server manually.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a log file using Log4j and SL4J Logging Framework
- Managed scripts creation for regression and stress testing using LoadRunner and QuickTestPro
- Planning and executing regression testing and automation of regression testing processes
- Delivering thorough testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver(Java) to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Providing daily progress status reports and updates on testing activities in Scrum meetings and working closely with developers to track the CRON and RPG jobs through Kubernetes pods.
Environment: Java 1.9, Kotlin, MyBatis, Kotlin, Hibernate, Rest Assured, Selenium, Cucumber, Restful Services, Micronaut framework, TestNG and Junit frameworks, Kafka, TestRail, JIRA, GITHUB, Maven, Intellij, Jenkins, POSTMAN, LoadRunner, JMeter, JSON, XML, QuickTestPro, Jasmine, Karma, JBehave, AWS, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, DB2, Swagger UI, Eclipse, SourceTree, Apache POI, JDBC, XML, Angular, Protractor, Karma, Jasmine, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Search, Log4j, SL4J
Confidential - Chesterfield, MO
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using Firebug and FirePath Firefox plug-ins.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Firepath and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, Eclipse.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using ExtentReports API.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Performed functional testing of Web Services using POSTMAN Tool.
- Used data-driven framework with POM to accomplish a regression cycle which is robust and reusable across multiple applications.
- Utilizing knowledge of XML and experience of SOAP UI tool in Web Services testing in multi-tiered application architecture.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SOAP UI, TestNG, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH,DOM, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, Maven.
Confidential - Albany, NY
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents .
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing .
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Centre .
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases .
- Designed and Analysed Test case design document basing on the Functional Requirement Specifications to implement through testing process.
- Analysed and Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Expected Test Results and Test Procedure from functional requirement for different modules in SAP
- Involved in creating the Traceability matrix based on Functional requirement in each module.
- Base-line and Regression tests were scheduled and performed on every Release and build.
- Supported End-to-end testing for downstream systems.
- Creation of Test Data for Member data’s according to the scenarios.
- Loaded the Test Data into the HPQC to prepare for the execution of Test Cases
- Involved in Task Creation, Task Estimation, Task Distribution, Task Prioritization and Communication among Onsite and Offshore Team Members.
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified during Testing.
- Involved with Test Coverage Metrics and Defect metrics such as Defect Density, Delivered Defect Density, Defects by Severity, Number of Defects, and Defects per build, Defect Fix Rate, Test Case Utility, Test Effort and various other measurements.
- Interact with end users and investigate issues related to the QA.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users. Prepared end user documentation for the new system
- Used Quality Centre to store all testing results, metrics, implemented Test plan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking & Reporting.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues . Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using Quality Centre
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using Quality Centre .
- Expertise in generating the daily defect detailed report using Quality Centre for the other project stake holders and the project Management
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Centre .
- Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and used Jenkins to execute these test scripts periodically using Java. Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers and Safari using TestNG framework.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Used tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG and JUnit.
- Identified the correct GUI elements for creating automation scripts using Selenium locators such as name, ID, Link Text, CSS Selector and XPath. Extensively involved in Front-end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases) with Test Driven Development (TDD)/Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) approach.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Involved in preparing Master Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Manage life cycle of automation project involving in hosting the automation meetings, coordinating, gathering the automation requirements and defining the scope of automation testing.
- Developed the automated test script for regression test suite in an application by using Selenium tool. .
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, and Eclipse.
- Developed test scripts to fetch test data from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Use Firepath and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Developed Java Test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the SVN source control.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screen shots using Extent Reports API and implemented action class to perform mouse movement.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Webdriver using Java programming language and TestNG Configured ANT for JAVA automation projects and for project object model (POM).
- Design and Build Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform.
- Used Selenium Page Object Model, Page Factory design pattern to build data driven framework.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analyst to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Attended weekly design meetings to understand the application and specific new or modified features.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle database.
- Participated in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in Agile Methodology.
- Performed System Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Performed database validation using Oracle SQL queries and wrote test automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Configured Jenkins built job for continuous integration and also for regression testing.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, TestNG, and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG.
- Used Junit and TestNG as testing framework, and Maven for project building.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP Web Services using SOAPUI Tool.
- Implemented BDD (behavior-driven development) to run automated acceptance tests using Cucumber tool.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, ANT, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows, Java, J2EE
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel using Apache POI Api.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum meetings, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL.
- Designed and developed the application using agile methodology.
- Used the iterative incremental framework Scrum with Agile Software Development.
- Involved in database schema design and review meetings.
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation.
- Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements.
- Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases.
- Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized PL/SQL for querying the database.
- Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, Java Script, JDBC, Oracle, PL/SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Tomcat, Windows.